Hickory Hills Campground Playground Review from Darien, Wisconsin

Let me just start by saying I grew up here! My family and I have been going here since I was 10. My parents have a seasonal Site there and we'd spend all of our free time there. Through the years, my husband and I would make an effort to come up with our children and camp, especially for Labor Day and Christmas in July. They'd always have activities for the kids, contests, bands up at the lodge, etc. we always had a wonderful time! This place was always booked. You'd have to book the campsite sometimes up to a year in advance for Christmas in July. This year, we came up for Christmas in July and we were so incredibly shocked at the condition of this campground. The whole place is run down! The bathrooms smell of mold and mildew. The sinks weren't cleaned regularly, lights were out. The showers (that you have to pay to use) had mold growing on the curtains, spider webs are over head as you take your shower. Silverfish were all over the walls of the shower stall. There was NO hot water. I waited 10 minutes for my shower to warm up and just gave up. The playground is nothing but weeds, it looked as though they hadn't mowed all season. The little activities that they had planned for the weekend we're canceled for some unknown reason, leaving my kids incredibly disappointed. The pool is run down and dirty, the pump wasn't even working on the busiest and hottest day of the weekend. After 26 years of loyalty, I'm sad to say that I will NEVER be coming back! We expressed our concerns at the front office, mentioned all of the above and all we got was "sorry, we'll try to improve". We spent $42.00 a night to stay here, plus tax. For a few bucks more, we could have stayed at a Yogi Bear park complete with activities for our children, HEATED, CLEAN pools with working pumps & clean bathrooms with FREE showers. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why the park is a virtual ghost town lately....I guess the staff and the owners here don't mind that they have lost the business of loyal customers. You can guess where we'll be happily staying on Labor Day weekend.
ID
Darien, Wisconsin
Reason of review
Bad quality

Hickory Hills Campground

Horrible!! Owner treats campers as if we owe her something! Hey V*****, we've paid you for the season already so stop treating us like a nuisance! Everyone is disgusted with you and your behavior, and the Yogi Bear franchise decisions! Now we get this years letter and you've decided that it's okay to hold 3 concert's that may or may not be well received by us, the seasonal campers! And your answer is "maybe you should stay home or send the kids to grandma or grandpa" Seriously?!?!?! You have no customer service skills or common courtesy in you! WHAT A WASTE!!!

It is very difficult to answer to an anonymous review on a site that only shows disgruntled customers, not all of them. Sometimes business decisions need to be made and it is always done in a considerate manner.

Many times the decisions are popular and supported and occasionally they are not.

Our rating on a non- biased site is very good and we strive to improve every day. A business can not address an unhappy customer if they do not come forward and only post a negative comment on an obscure website.

ID
Spencer, Indiana

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article