Verified Reviewer

Hickman marcite Destroyed our pool

Hickmans Marcite came out to refinish my pool and it looks terrible I tried to get them out to come back and see whats going on the owner Rick has promised to come out many times and did not come out as promised. He has stopped communicating with me I am very easy-going and understanding but this is extremely upsetting and terrible business. So now We have no choice but to put it into litigation with my attorney. I spent a lot of money and a huge mess trying to get this taken care of it is extremely upsetting.

User's recommendation: Warning do not use this company.

ID
Preferred solution
Do you have another pool company fix what they destroyed

Hickman Marcite charged us $7000 to destroy our pool
When we hired Hickman Marcite we expected our pool to look new and fresh. We agreed on a $7000 contract to put in all new marcite, remove and replace tile, remove glass spillover and replace with a tile on concrete wall, seal cracks and paint pool deck, and fix a jet in jacuzzi. The tile (see pics) looks horrible. Cracks on pool deck were not fixed. The white grout along pool waterline tile has chunks of gray concrete showing through the grout, ALL THE WAY AROUND THE POOL. (This cannot be fixed without removing tile.) They also painted all over the tile, hung it crooked, and have giant gaps where there is no grout. We have investigations going with Consumer Protection, the BBB, the Florida Contractors Licensing Board, and the Florida Attorney general. Please review the attached photos before considering Hickman Marcite.
#1980750

Hickmans Marcite came out to refinish my pool and it looks terrible I tried to get them out to come back and see what’s going on the owner Rick has promised to come out many times and did not come out as promised. He has stopped communicating with me I am very easy-going and understanding but this is extremely upsetting and terrible business.

ID
Service
Hickman Marcite Pool Remodeling
Reason of review
Bad quality
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article