Dishonest Horse Trader!

We made the mistake of buying a horse from this outfit who uses Craigslist and BAEN to advertise (offering deep discounts on shipping to lure buyers--we were naively suckered in).  The horse we received WAS NOT as described behaviorally--not by a long shot (she promised many things & up and down that he was exactly what we were looking for), and further he is seriously medically compromised, stepping off the trailer with a bad cough, snotty nose and what appeared to be warts on his ear (UNdisclosed!) only later to learn that he has a predisposition for laminitis (so cannot be on pasture as she claimed), but worse.... drumroll please...he has not one but TWO types of cancers!  The "warts" are confirmed to be a type of skin cancer and he has a fist sized melanoma under his tail!  Not good news in a bay horse. She was totally misleading, tried to distract me from my questions/concerns with confusing and irrelevant anecdotes, changed her story and negotiation strategy multiple times, and in the end was unwilling to take responsibility for the flawed animal she misrepresented or the multiple failures of disclosure. She quickly reversed her attitude from friendly and accommodating to downright nasty and hostile.  We bought horses long distance in the past and have had really good experiences, so were less cautious this time around.  Learn from our mistake.  I mistakenly trusted Courtney Castillo.  BUYERS BEWARE!

I had very much the same experience with Courtney Castillo. The bomb proof horse that we purchased is a neurotic, nervous horse who spooked and bucked my granddaughter off leaving her with a broken ankle which needed surgery and pins.

This horse was promised to be the perfect children's horse, that anyone could ride. Well, I trust my hot Morgan mare with children far more than Nifty, because she is at least sane.

This horse was guaranteed not to buck, rear, or spook, and he does it all.

Plus he has a very annoying weaving habit. Of course we were told he had no vices at all.

@PissedConsumer964406

Do you happen to have Courtney's contact info? Been trying to track her down. Thanks!

View more comments (1)
ID
Walnut Creek, California
Loss

Dishonest Horse Trader!

We made the mistake of buying a horse from this outfit who uses Craigslist and BAEN to advertise (offering deep discounts on shipping to lure buyers--we were naively suckered in). The horse we received WAS NOT as described behaviorally--not by a long shot (she promised many things & up and down that he was exactly what we were looking for), and further he is seriously medically compromised, stepping off the trailer with a bad cough, snotty nose and what appeared to be warts on his ear (UNdisclosed!) only later to learn that he has a predisposition for laminitis (so cannot be on pasture as she claimed), but worse.... drumroll please...he has not one but TWO types of cancers! The "warts" are confirmed to be a type of skin cancer and he has a fist sized melanoma under his tail! Not good news in a bay horse. She was totally misleading, tried to distract me from my questions/concerns with confusing and irrelevant anecdotes, changed her story and negotiation strategy multiple times, and in the end was unwilling to take responsibility for the flawed animal she misrepresented or the multiple failures of disclosure. She quickly reversed her attitude from friendly and accommodating to downright nasty and hostile. We bought horses long distance in the past and have had really good experiences, so were less cautious this time around. Learn from our mistake. I mistakenly trusted Courtney Castillo. BUYERS BEWARE!
ID
Walnut Creek, California
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article