Hermitage Fitness Center Reviews

Show reviews that mention
hermitage fitness fitness gym people hermitage money equipment contract location tub
Filter review

Hermitage Fitness is closed

Hermitage Fitness Center is closed and I wouldn't bet on it reopening again. I have been a member of the fitness center since November 1989 or was it 1988 anyway I joined a month after they first opened under the name of Hermitage Fitness Center. They had a great facility with a great walking and running track with all the equipment one needed to work out all the muscles in your body although the equipment was old it still worked well. All the equipment is still in the building but the doors are locked and they had the power turned off although I think the power may be back on now. I would say that Covid was part of the reason the doors are locked but mismanagement and misuse of funds are probably the biggest reason theyre closed now.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee

Very good

I have been going to Hermitage fitness for years now. I got in great shape and stay in great shape in Hermitage fitness thanks to the equipment provided and the friendly helpful staff. Yes, there are people of all ages at Hermitage Fitness and they are great people regardless of age. I think anybody complaining about the age of the bodies they see at the gym are at the gym for the wrong reasons in the first place and will never get in shape anyplace. You should be working out in the gym, focused on your health and healthy goals instead of being a critic of the the bodies you see or pointing the fingers at machines and staff because you are too lazy to do the work of staying fit. I love Hermitage Fitness. My experience there is what I make it.Like
Reason of review
Good quality

Long Term Health and Fitness Accomadations

Fitness Center is kept very clean. Owners are making re-modeling improvements which include new flooring and re-modeling and the addition of a weight loss clinic and a hormone treatment center. Great personal training that caters to the 25 and above client. Having been at this location for 34 years, it has had everyting I need for personal health, weight training, and cardio fitness. This is more than you can say about just about any other gym in the Nashville area which, as you know, come and go quite regularly. Remember, you get what you pay for. The "fly by night" large corporate gyms that are around for about five years, give or take, just take your money and run. MG
ID
#919623 Review #919623 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Hermitage, Tennessee
Service
Hermitage Fitness Center Personal Training
Reason of review
Good quality

PISSEDOFFANDRIPEDOFF

THIS PLACE IS A JOKE. THE MEN'S LOCKER ROOM STINKS. THE TANNING BED IN THE MEN'S ROOM IS NASTY, AND OLD. THE FLOOR IS DIRTY, STAINS ON THE WALL FROM GOD ONLY KNOWS WHAT. THE STAFF ARE RUDE, AND HATEFUL. IF U HAVE A COMPLAINT, THEY WILL NOT LOOK INTO IT, OR DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. THEY JUST WANT THE MONEY. THEY ALLOW PEOPLE TO MAKE SEXUAL ADVANCES TOWARD OTHERS AND GET AWAY WITH IT. WISH I HAD NEVE GONE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE. NASTY, AND THE EQUIPMENT IS OUTDATED AS WELL AS THE STAFF. THEY NEED TO GO SIT DOWN BEFORE THEY FALL DOWN. THE HOT TUB AND ETC, DON'T WORK HAVE THE TIME. TO MANY OLD PEOPLE HERE. THEY SAY THEY CLEAN, CAN'T C IT. THE CARPET IS NASTY, AND DULL. RUDE, RUDE,....THEY FILL IN THE CONTRACT PART FOR YA AND ADD 3YRS, WHEN U ONLY WANT 1 YEAR. THEY LIE TO YOUR FACE AND LAUGH BEHIND YOUR BACK. DO NOT GO HERE IT IS NOT WORTH THE TIME OF DAY, AND THE MONEY U PUT INTO IT. THEY DON'T LIKE GAYS EITHER, AND THEY WILL TELL U THAT. DONNIE IS A SMART ***, WITH HIS FAT GUT AND MISSING TEETH. ALL THE STAFF ARE FAT, SO HOW CAN U TELL SOME ONE HOW TO USE A PIECE OF EQUIPMENT IF U DON'T USE IT YOURSELF. WHAT A JOKE. I HAVE BEEN TO A LOT BETTER PLACES THAN THIS.. U HAVE BEEN WARNED. DO NOT GO HERE. BRIAN K WISEMAN
Nashville, Tennessee
Loss

Dishonest in policy and conned in workout environment

About Hermitage Fitness: Made the mistake of letting Ed con me into an appealing 3 year membership assuming if I moved 50 miles away from Hermitage location I could pay off or cancel membership. When I call about the matter, the contract was reworded and I made the mistake of signing the papers and also not exploring the facility for more than one visit. I like the large track, but that is about it. The pool and hot tub are always filled with people who are retired and apparently just relaxing, not trying to get healthy, while I have to work out next to 50-60 year old plus people that swing weights from their head in some kind of contraption that could be used in a 1970s mental institution. Over all I am not satisfied at all with this gym and I want to warn others to investigate a lot more before signing up. I now have been donating money to them for over 2 years because of my own mistake and trust in Ed's word. I was polite to them, but there is no getting out of the paper work, even if dissatisfied. Hope others look into the YMCA or some other gym that is up to date and does not have a retirement home feel. Hermitage Fitness Center 3924 Lebanon Rd. • Hermitage, TN 37076 Phone: (615) 889-****

Turnipgreen1968 was kicked out of the facility for fighting several years ago.

Been in business for 25 years, same name, same ownership. Very rare in todays world.

Offers any membership from 1 day to 3 years. It is the buyers choice, all options are presented. Of course a rep fills out the paperwork, when/if you have ever purchased a home did YOU fill out the buyers agreement or a company rep? Did you read what you signed?

There are several places that point out time and number of payments. As far as cancellation, if proof of move is provided, over 50 miles is correct, and cancellation fee submitted, contract will be cancelled. Did you submit your information as requested?

Just food for thought as you try to slander the club I have been a member at for 12 years! :grin

I am a member of Hermitage Fitness Center. I was approached by a male member in the men's locker room, and he asked me if "he could *** ...." and keep trying to feel all over me.

He kept on about it and asked over again and again, u know u want me to. His name is Scott Barnes. I reported this to the management and nothing has yet to be done about it. I feel very uncomfortable when he is in the gym when I am there.

He stares at my crotch, and just makes it a point to look. Come on dude. Really. The staff has yet to say anything to him.

He follows me around the gym and looks to c where I am at all the time. I am just about to the point to where I want to punch his lights out. Even thought I am ***, there is no reason for this. NO means No.

I don't really know what to do at this point, as I am under a contract? I spoke to the owner today, and she said she would look into it and she what she could do. So I guess for now I have no leg to stand on.

Very Upset. :(

@PissedConsumer689284

You FREAK - you are living in a sick dream world! I would think twice before publishing names, whereas, it might come back to *** you, or would you like that?

@PissedConsumer689284

Brian Wiseman or turnip green - however you want to hide- it is not wise to slander and use names. Everything you have mentioned is so far from the facts. Facts are, you are ***, found no action and became upset.

View more comments (4)
Nashville, Tennessee
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article