Ginnie Yxw

Not sending me a safety replacement Lane hope chest lock

Updated by user Apr 19, 2019

It is now over a year later that I left my first Review here. Prior to this I had tried contacting and filling out numerous forms to the Heritage Home Group directly for 2 years and I have still never received the safety Lock replacement from the Heritage Home Group, nor an email, phone call, etc.

in reference to the recall on all Lanes Hope Chest made from 1912 to 1987. There are still approx. six million of these dangerous chests in circulation, and 9 children have suffocated/died in these air tight Hope Chest when once inside there is no way to get out. Lane Furniture (Now owned by The Heritage Home Group) recalled them in 1996 and offers free replacement safety latches.

Every Phone Number to the Heritage Home Group online has been called and either no answer, just rings for ever, is out of order, some #'s said leave a message, asking for survey's unrelated to the safety locks, like asking you about your income, etc. I then contacted the BBB and they claimed that until I told them about this issue they were not aware of this problem and that they would start working on it. That was a year ago. They said it would take a few months when I sent them a Private Message, and BBB said they would contact me.

Never heard back from them to date. There are many of these Lane hope Chest for sale online and also being sold privately with the original locks still on them. At this point, I can only hope that there is a finally a phone number that other people can reach and have a safety lock sent to them. If not, please take off the Lock by unscrewing it in the front and please sell it without the lock.

in 2014 Robert Adler, Commissioner for the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission, made a sobering prediction, “I'm very afraid that we will see that happen. It's been happening on a regular basis since 1987. There have been nine deaths, including the most recent two deaths.

So I'm very concerned that it may happen again.” So, how far back does this problem go? Consider this: Chris and Sean died in 2001. Fifteen-year-old Natalie died in 1999. And their heartbroken parents want everyone to know that the danger is still out there.

So I speak for them since I trashed my Lane Hope chest after removing the entire Lock. You can call this a long Review or more importantly information as to how serious this problem is and that reaching out to Heritage HG, BBB who of all people should have take in this matter more seriously, but they didn't. I have spent years trying to resolve this for myself and 1500 other people who contacted me. So Please Spread the word and let people who are selling these in Antique Shops, Thrift Shops, Face book, Online, Privately etc.

that the Federal law bars any person from selling products subject to a publicly-announced voluntary recall by a manufacturer or a mandatory recall ordered by the Commission. Betty Wilchek

Original review Feb 03, 2018

I have spent 4 months requesting a safety lock for my old Lanes Hope Chest. I have called the Heritage Group several times, I have Sty, 1974-50 Ser.

560**** I need the rectangular lock. I Tried 5 different phone numbers all which were found online, emailed 8 times, I have been put on hold each time I called, then asked to do a short surveys-like car insurance, age of people in my home, etc. then told to leave a message which I did 6 times, and no one calls back.

I have called during normal hours of operation, and still no answer, Some calls were just disconnected.This is Frustrating and very unprofessional. Shoud I contact the BBB ?

Loss:
Pros:
  • Negative
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Stoughton, Massachusetts

Boycott Thomasville Furniture

Bought Mercer Leather Sofa & frame/support broke. Sofa was still under warranty so they sent a repair man.

I first alerted my salesperson in October, repair man came in January! Repair man showed me how poorly constructed the sofa was. Nothing but staples & plastic. 6 months later it breaks again & my warranty has expired!

Thomasville blamed me for the broken sofa based on pictures I sent! Rep said it looked heavily used & had been improperly moved. Ridiculous insinuations. I have never had an issue with furniture until now.

I'm stuck w/ a 3 year old sofa sitting on wooden blocks to keep it supported. Never again will I buy from this company.

The attorney general in NC should be investigating this company.

Damaged or defective
Hajra Abf

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Eastgate, Washington

Heritage Customer Service

Heritage Home Group - Heritage Customer Service
Heritage Home Group - Heritage Customer Service - Image 2

If you are thinking of buy a Heritage piece of furniture I would think twice. After owning this couch for less than 2 years the material continues to fall off and crack. The Company's response was "Due to the widely variable in-home use experiences once furniture has been accepted into a home, it is very difficult to determine the cause of the issues".

This is clearly a manufacture defect, and have found out that Heritage/Lane has had problems with this material in the past, but they continue to be unresponsive in correcting this issue.

I have never dealt with a Company that's customer service is as poor as Heritage.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service and quality of product
Bad quality

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

Guest

This is not a defect, the issue you are having is due to a reaction to your body ph. some people have the problem some do not. same furniture different homes

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article