DO NOT CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

When my mother passed away, Sandy and Robert seemed like a perfect fit for us—especially Sandy's skills at staging all the items we needed to part with, and seemed impressive when she explained how she would display everything. And she was true to her word: everything did look wonderful. It was the actual sale when everything else turned sour. Sandy, out of the picture now that her part was done, left us with Robert at the helm. It was very unpleasant to deal with him. He was barely civil at times, and it was obvious he didn't want anyone from the family around at any time. When our daughter called to ask him a question, he blew up at her, berated and yelled at her for about 10 minutes. He said that since I had hired him, not her, she had no right to question him about anything. She said she had never been treated so poorly. He and I had gone through the 4000 square foot house, filled with multiple china sets, some antique furniture plus many really high-quality newer pieces (all of which he initially priced & then sold at a fraction of what furniture should--even if it wasn’t "mid-century modern") and so many other items too numerous to list. I told him which items we wanted sold & which were not for sale. He dutifully marked down on a tablet what I specified. And for the most part, he did follow my wishes. One thing that was very disturbing, (which he denied afterwards), was that he disregarded my very specific instructions not to sell my mother's house plans. During the “walk-through” he assured me he would put them in a safe place so that no one would riffle through them. These were the plans my mother herself drew, her design for the house where she & my father spent the last 40 years of their married life together. These plans were a family heirloom, which we all treasured. I should have checked his list to make sure it was marked down as "Not for Sale", but I trusted him to keep his word. After the sale, the plans were nowhere to be found, and he denied any knowledge of my wishes, even texting me a copy of the page in the tablet where the plans were clearly excluded from the "Do not Sell" list. I was sick of heart, as were my daughter & nieces. It still bothers me greatly. His arrogance and angry attitude were almost always present in my encounters with him, and he displayed a temper that was very threatening to me. I read the other reviews on google, and paid special attention to the negative ones and how Robert responded. It was all too familiar. He will, no doubt, dispute and misrepresent what I have just written, but my family and I all know the truth. I have no reason to lie. DO NOT TRUST YOUR PRECIOUS POSSESSIONS with this man. While we should have netted much more from the sale, we made a fraction of what we should have. Robert, of course, will have an answer for that, as he did with the other dissatisfied clients, but when we showed the pictures from their website (that Heritage Estate Services had taken) of the various items to a number of different people who are in the same business,, they were shocked to hear what we actually made from the sale. (Oh, how I wish we had contacted them first!) Sandy was very nice, but unfortunately, Robert was the one who was in charge, and he was churlish and difficult to deal with. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this company for this reason--Robert is not a nice person. He is angry and vindictive, and has a real deep-seated problem when dealing with "difficult" clients, meaning, clients who ask questions and don't roll over and play dead. It has taken me this long to wrap my head around what really happened and how to respond. I came to the conclusion that I needed to speak out to warn others contemplating using this company. I am writing this review in the hope I might spare others from the terrible experience we had with Robert. I could write much more about our bad encounters with Robert, but I think this is enough to cause potential clients to think twice before signing a contract with Heritage Estate Services.
ID
Service
Heritage Estate Services Estate Liquidation
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
$12000
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article