I got a Flat tire and went to the dealer to get the tire replaced

To whom it may concern, I got a flat tire and it required to be replaced, I have to mention two points before I talk about why I am real unhappy about the non service I got from Porsche Dealer in Boston TodAY, I change the four tires 3 years ago and may be drive at the most 5ooo miles since, a year ago I got a flat tire and the tire need to be replace it was done at Porsche dealer Herb Chambers in Boston, I did already have a pretty bad experience as I have to leave the damage wheel and get back the next day to get the tire to be installed, any other place would manage to do what in the next 3 to 4 hours,. The service manager call me and told me the wheel was ready, I showed-up 30 minutes later and I have to wait over 2 hours to get my car back, so total time to get a wheel with new tire over 2:30 hours plus the time forth and back the day before overall deal around 4 hours, exactly what I would not have expect from Porsche. I left that day and make the point I was real disappointed with the service, the next day the supervisor of the service apologize explaining a tool failed and they have to use the BMW (Herbs Chambers) equipment next door, well when I was on site nobody mention any think about the equipment failure, "the car was getting ready", in my opinion the manager should have call me only after it verified the wheel was ready. This bring me to today, I went in the morning around 8 am, as I got an other flat and I asked if I could get the tire replace the same day as my car will be transported to California tomorrow and need to be on the truck early on in the morning, the same manager (David) do not know his last name told me he as to look for a tire I was onsite just before 8 am, He call me 11h30 said he could not find the tire as this model it's discontinuous , I ask if he could get two tire from something close ,he told me he will look and call me back, not getting any news by 3 PM I call back and he told me he could not find tire to be delivery the same day, and he got the last tire at Costco not sure why he was tell me what and was suppress Porsche dealer would get tire at Costco. I want back to the dealer site to pick-up my car and told me I certainly bought the tire in first place at Costco , well I have a Costco card and I used for my art Gallery business but not to buy tires for my PORSCHE, I did not like the insinuation, the manger as a technician were the tire was coming form and this person said they used to have them in storage and they run out of stock, I left with my car and I am leaving back to California and I do expect much better quality service as I have the first three years I have my car service at the dealership I bought it from. Last point I stop at the firestone shop less then a mile away and I ask if they could replace my tire the answer "of course sir " was the answer, unfortunately they could not have the same model of tire before the next day before 10 AM which is to late for me to be able to load the car on the ruck for the move to California, I end-up to wait until 6:45PM and I got two rear tires replace. MY conclusion I do not expect from Porsche have to wait for 2 days to get tire nor what got miss informed as the tire model are NOT DISCONTINUED PRODUCT, this type of statement reflect very poorly on the company I have enjoyed and be proud customer.
ID
Boston, Massachusetts

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article