map-marker Monroe, North Carolina

Absolutely Dreadful Company

My renting experience with this company was awful. First, they are slow to respond to maintenance requests, and when someone finally comes out, they band-aid the problem more often than actually fixing it. Second, there were large trees in the front yard with dead limbs falling onto my car constantly, and I had to start parking in the street to avoid further damage to my vehicle. After several requests for Henderson to do something about it, they claimed it was "not their responsibility" and never did anything to resolve it. Further, at one point, a huge limb fell during a storm that was almost the entire length of the front yard. It was as big around as a normal tree, and if it had fallen on my car, it would have been totaled. Henderson told me it was my problem, not theirs, and I had to pay someone $150 to come cut up that limb with a chainsaw and take the wood away. So, I lost use of the driveway of the home I rented for 4 years because they would not do the right thing and have the trees trimmed, and I almost suffered catastrophic vehicle damage with that huge limb, all because they avoid taking responsibility. Third, the house was overrun with ants, mice, and squirrels that I paid a small fortune to try and fix, but the house itself is just so old and in disrepair that the pest company couldn't do much without the landlord cooperation, which Henderson said was MY responsibility. Fourth, I left the house cleaner than it was when I moved in, yet they charged me outrageous fees that ate up my entire security deposit. The charges were bogus and grossly overblown as well. For example, $415 to pick up a small pile of leaves that would fit into a typical kitchen garbage bag and trim one small bush, $125 to change a battery in a smoke detector that I had just recently changed in order to make the alarm stop chirping, $70 to remove a single dish from the kitchen cabinet that I forgot to grab. In my 4 year tenancy, I found Henderson Properties to be very lazy, unconcerned, and quick to fabricate "fees" in order to keep your deposit. Yes, I read my lease and yes, I know that these bogus charges are not laid out in my lease. I took photos of everything before I moved out, and the pictures prove that I did what was required of me. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company. There are much better property management companies in Charlotte with nicer, better maintained homes for rent.

User's recommendation: AVOID!!

Larisa Dos

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Gastonia, North Carolina

Overcharge for allege Maintenance

We just started the services of Henderson Properties, to manage our property in Gastonia, NC. Our tenants moved near the end of May. Henderson Property at will went and performed a Pest Control services, which is done by their own maintenance department and charged us $90. When my husband and I were at our property, we performed pest control, we saw no problems after we sprayed around the property. In addition, they said that the tenants were complaining of dishwasher leak. Again, we went to the property when the previous tenants vacated, and we cleaned and tested the dishwasher several times, no leak, and no odor was noted by us. We also bought a new garage door and programmed it...and opened and closed the garage door probably more than 15 times when we were in the house painting and making other repairs. They charged us another $98.40. And lastly to change the lock they charged us $184.80. They are outrageously expensive. They do not inform landlords about maintenance issues, they just go ahead and make them and then charge the landlords. My first check from them...after all expenses were made...I received a deposit of $55. I can't even pay my mortgage for that!!!! Don't ever use this company!!!!!
Loss:
Guest

We rented a house from Henderson. The maintenance doesn't work.

We have had issues with water, dryer, dishwasher. Now the air-conditioning does not work.

It is over 80 degrees inside. They said we must wait 5 days before someone will come to fix it.

Guest

TERRIBLE!!!!

View more comments (1)
Irvan Bfv
map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Stay away from Henderson properties of Charlott,NC

I have had several properties managed by this company. They are nothing short of thieves. They will tale your money and not pay you your money. Every month there is some massive repair that needs to be done. This is on bramd new construction. You do not want to deal with the. I have done nothing but loose money since we have been with them. If it is not a major repair they are having to evict the tenants that they put in. Which I am sure is a total lie as well. We only collected rent for around 2 months when this started.
Loss:

Real Estate Expert Talks

What Do Property Management Companies Do @ Interview with Property Management Expert

Nov 27, 2020

Colby Hager, a a real estate investor and home remodeling expert, talks about property management companies, what they are, and how to choose the right property management company.

Read full article
Colby Hager
Colby Hager

Colby Hager is an experienced real estate investor with Capstone Homebuyers. He has years of experience in renovating houses, home remodeling, and property management.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article