Advanced Reviewer

Doesn't advise patient that quoted services are priced higher than the dental plan's pricing.

My visit to Hemet Dental Group revealed I would need a crown installed. I communicated that I had no dental insurance and would take suggestions. Office staff informed me of their in house insurance called "Smile-Dental-Plan" which I could obtain for no fee. I accepted. An explanation of the plan's advantages was given. This plan would secure for me a price of $1050 for the recommended ceramic crown. Additionally I was shown a Smile-Dental-Plan brochure specifically for the suggested crown and saw a $1050 price in print. All financial and insurance information was presented to me while sitting in the dentists chair wearing a bib with the dentist, dental assistant, and office staff about me. Subsequently the suggested ceramic crown was installed. The next day I obtained information concerning the "Smile-Dental-Plan" from the plan's website. I found a dental procedure "Fee-Schedule" mentioning a $995 price for a ceramic-substrate-crown under the procedure code used on the receipt I obtained the previous day. I went to Hemet Dental Groups office to ask why I had not be told about the $995 crown procedure found in their offices "Smile-Dental-Plan". The office staff took my copy the "Fee-Schedule" and stepped away to research the issue. Subsequently I was informed that they had been unaware of the $995 ceramic-substrate-crown. I left the office realizing, the previous days explanation of, the "Smile-Dental-Plan" ceramic-crown options had not been fully disclosed or discussed.
ID
Hemet, California
Pros
  • Clean place
Cons
  • Dumb about dental plan pricing
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article