I was deceived into buying defective merchandise/Seller promised refund--but LIED!!

In mid-December I purchased an item (reproduction tussie mussie) from this business and intended on giving it as a Christmas gift. The picture on the internet showed the item to be perfect, beautiful and free from defects. When I received the item it was in terrible condition-a poor quality finish with numerous blemishes, the glass was glued in at a crooked angle and there were visible blobs of glue on both the inside and outside. I purchase these tussie mussies all of the time and this one was by far the worst one that I had ever seen!!! I immediately emailed the seller and advised that I wanted to return the item and get my money back. After sending the email, I discovered that Cindy, the owner had written a note on the receipt stating that "the item was not exactly straight and that is just the style that they are made in" so she obviously knew of the defect when she sent it to me. Four days later (12/21/13) the seller responded that "you never know what kind of person that you have chosen to slap in the face". In her response she indicated that she always makes right on anything that a customer does not like and she will give me a refund as soon as she can return to her credit card machine (she claimed to be watching a friends house at that time). I waited a few weeks and checked with my credit card company and they indicated that she never did refund my money. I wrote her and called her (Cindy/the owner) fourteen times and she has not responded/replied other than the first initial time when she indicated that she would give the refund. In the meantime, I have reported it to the fraud department of my credit card company. They will pursue it to get my refund--this dishonest thief obviously had no intentions of doing so, despite the fact that she claimed that she would give me the refund prior to Christmas. I think that she only stated she would give the refund in order to throw me off or in hopes that I would just forget about it and she could keep my money--that she robbed me of under false pretenses!
ID
Westwego, Louisiana
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article