Hearty Furniture experience a nightmare!

I bought an 8' long solid maple entertainment unit in October with a deposit of a little over $700. The expected delivery date was the week before Christmas. Fast forward five months. To date, delivery has been delayed for many reasons. I have had multiple problems with the finish on the piece (missed spots, finger prints and brush bristles clearly visible in the finish). There were also glaringly obvious nicks and dents on the surface. Each time, in good faith, I worked with the owner to give her a chance to resolve my complaints. Just before Easter arrangements were made for delivery. The owner and her delivery men pulled up on my street with the delivery van. The owner approached me and refused delivery because there are stairs leading up to my front door. These would be the same stairs that I had to use to move myself and my furniture into the house. They are also the same stairs that a competing furniture store used to deliver two solid wood bedroom sets along with a buffet and hutch. After five months of giving this company chances to get it right I was "too bad for me" by the owner. Naturally I demanded a refund, which was refused. I confronted the owner back at her store, but she went about her business like I didn't exist. While there I had a chance to inspect the piece I ordered...still defective! I am taking action!

thanks for posting -- we were looking for a place get our solid wood furniture -- we will skip this place sicne we saw your post. Hope it all works our for you

ID
Burlington, Ontario

About

Summary

Hearty Furniture was established in 1981. The company specializes in home furniture with unique touch, creating custom pieces that cannot be found anywhere else. The company works with such wood materials as solid oak, maple, cherry, and pine. Hearty Furniture provides Table Chairs, Wall Units, Entertainment Units, Vanities, Servers, Bedroom Pieces, and Custom Pieces. Hearty Furniture has 8000 square foot showroom which is full of all kinds of unique furniture. Benches, stools, coffee/end tables, rustic book cases, corner units, armoires, microwave stands, wine cabinets, mirror displays, as well as much more furniture pieces can be founded and bought there. The company is based in Mississauga, ON.

Hearty Furniture reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article