Heartland Recovery Programs Reviews

Show reviews that mention
program recovery heartland mens mens recovery faith based based programs money week fees people
Filter review

Faith based programs work

Faith based programs definitely do indoctrinate those who go to them to focus their recovery and lives on Christian beliefs. All effective institutions indoctrinate those who choose to attend, whether it is a school, branch of the military, profession, etc. You may call it brainwashing but if a drug addict can have his brain washed of whatever is in it that causes him to indulge in an addiction, than I guess the negative connotation of "brain washing" isn't so bad. Faith based programs are more effective than pretty much every other type of recovery program. Given the choice between having a drug addict as a child or someone you might consider to be a religious fanatic, I will take the latter, as will most parents of someone with this problem. There seems to be quite a bit of anti Christian fervor in your comment. Perhaps you should lose the hatred.

I agree.

Heartland Recovery Programs Drug Addiction Treatment Review

Heartland saved my life.The statements made on this site are false.Freedom of speech doesnt mean you can lie and hurt people who are trying to help hurting people.Blake King
Cranford, New Jersey
Service
Heartland Recovery Programs Drug Addiction Treatment
Reason of review
Good quality

Heartland Mens Recovery has been a God sent for my son

I disagree with this obviously delusional post. My 31 year old son was at the bottom, physically, emotionally and spiritually and finally agreed to enter Heartland. I received the best fathers day present yesterday when he called to tell me he was awesome, the food was good, his room was nice and he was working the night shift at the dairy. He's been able to work out and says he feels better than he has in years. For him (and us, Heartland Mens Recovery has been a God sent. May not be for everyone but if you really want to make a change in your life, I absolutely recommend Heartland Mens Recovery.

So the re education camp you sent him to worked?Brainwashing i d iots.You are as bad as the people who think they can pray away the g a y.

Keystone Heights, Florida
Reason of review
Fair pricing

Health Program Review

My nephew was in their youth program. He also had to work 6 days a week, up to 12 hours a day. On Sunday, you are forced to attend church which lasts all day. He was beaten. He was raped. They charge fees for everything so you leave with very little money if any at all. Stay away.
Clute, Texas

CULT-SCAM-THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY

THIS RECOVERY CENTER SAYS THERE CHRISTIAN BASED BUT THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN A SCAM. THEY TRY AND BRAIN WASH YOU, THE MAKE YOU WORK SIX DAYS A WEEK AND AFTER THEY TAKE OUT ALL OF THEIR FEES, YOUR MAYBE LEFT WITH 50.OO. Most of the staff members are convicted felons. Mike Peterson who does the training is a child molester and their are several kids that visit this place. The program director, Jeff Whitman, hates black people. He claims "God delivered him" nine years ago. He also gives fake prophecies that he claims "God" gave to him. Here is a listing of their staff CHARLIE SHARPE-CULT LEADER Jeff Whitman John Growe Scott Miller Mike Peterson-Child Molester Brian Walker Tom Dombroski Herb Parker Mark Declue STAY AWAY FROM THIS ORGANIZATION. THEY ARE A CULT

I lived here when I was a child for a period of time. All of my memories of this place are cult like.

My mom had overdosed and the family I lived with would use the wooden spoon on me.

They told me Jesus was Santa and made me call them mom and dad. I was so young I don’t feel traumatized but was also very intrigued by this place and as I have become an adult- reading about other experiences

This is not a cult. The Recovery program may be the first exposure to true Christian life that a man has ever seen.

Yes, they study the Bible, go to church, and work hard. Idle hands are the devil's workshop. At Heartland, the man have JOBS. Their pay is used to PAY for their lodging, food, laundry.

They have very little left over, but that is the way real life is. The men and their families DO NOT have to pay Heartland for the rehab and care. Other places charge $3000 per month for the same services. The jobs give them experience and a work ethic they can USE when they get out.

In order to not go back into a drug situation when they get out, the men probably need to break ties with the people they partied with before.

I speak from my family's experience when my son was there. It was a hard time for all of us, but we feel that it saved his life from drugs, and saved his soul in eternity.

A really good friend of mine got kicked out for 60 days went back... an now wants nothing to do with me...

says that his sobrity counsler said it was best for us to not communicate an move on... the person on the phone wasnt my love he was a robot... its like they gave him a card with exactly what to say...

I feel like it may be a cult an he.is geting.brain washed you dont go from wanting a life and furute with someone to throwing them away... he was never so cold

It's not a cult and they also tell you if you get kicked out or leave that you only get 20% of your money. It's sad that people would write junk like this! Jesus is the awnser!!!

People disappear from there and the place doesn't bother to tell the authorities or family. I wonder how many people have vanished from Heartland and for what reason. This needs to be looked into.

Yep just left the place its nothing but a brain washing cult I was told lies and promises to get there to find none of them to be true I worked 6 days a week for the last 3 months and left with no money

@PissedConsumer932699

The real problem is you. Pleaseclet me explain.

You get out what you put in. The agreement is if you stay the full 1yr. When you leave you get the left over money you earned. You must work for your recovery.

You obviously didn't want to be there or recover from your addiction. This is NOT a cult. The spirit is very strong there. One must focus on other thing like ThecWord of God and his or her job.

Otherwise you will fall back into the same *** you came from. This place is truly a wonderful place. Nothing run down or out of place. Many people have gone thru this program including a relative of mine.

Which loves it there. Yes its hard word. Life isnt an easy street. They are very structured for good reason.

Our military is the bwst in the world. Its very structured and all volunteer to join.

So. Ill ask the Lord to guide you in His ways so that you my recover and be a blessing to the kingdom.

I just had a similar experience with a so-called Church Ministry. We all lived -men and women -in a 100 year old building full of roaches, rats and mice.

The men work 70+ hours manual labor a week for which they are paid $40.00 a week cash.

I, a woman, was paid nothing and told to "ignore" my bills. Everyone there a felon, except me and one other person.

#1199388
@PissedConsumer777750

You obviously don't know what your talking about cause they set up an account and don't pay cash ***. I left there with more money than I've ever had before the place is what you make of it

View more comments (8)
La Belle, Missouri

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article