HealthStaff - Work Experience Review from Coatesville, Pennsylvania

I worked for this company. In 20 years of being in this line of work I had never seen anything like it. I have worked in nursing homes, group homes, and worked privately with clients in their personal homes. In any care giving setting it is important to communicate with the client, the family, and any other part of the care giving team. Most caregivers keep records and progress notes(everyone needs to be on the same page) With PHS you are not allowed to talk to the families or the other caregivers. So when you show up to an assignment and the client asks you for a Tylenol because they have a headache, you have no clue how to handle it. The other caregiver has already gone, without saying a word, so you don't know if they possibly just gave the client Tylenol before they left or if the client can even have Tylenol with their other medications. Needless to say I didn't stay long and when I turned in my two week notice I was informed that their policy states that I can not take another job in this line of work for 5 years after my employment ends with their company. I've been doing this my entire adult life but I have to change my profession because I don't want to work for their ridiculous company anymore??. And on top of that she charges you for "trainings","handbooks", and "certifications" that you never get Donna and PHS are a joke.
ID
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Preferred HealthStaff Inc. in Fairfield PA will kill your family!

Preferred Healthstaff in Fairfield PA will kill your family! They are the worst home care provider any family could have the displeasure to be involved with! Donna, the owner, is a lying ***! She will lie to you, misguide you and cheat you like she does her staff any chance she gets. Donna and her son, who also works with her, are potheads. She should be drug tested! They come from a family of *** Donna is also cheating the IRS. As an employee she would mess with my paychecks to pay me "under the table" to reduce what she reported to IRS. She needs to be investigated! Every family I worked with loved me but wanted nothing to do with her. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE OR THIS AGENCY!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

I am currently employed with PHS and the only reason I stay is because of the relationships that I have made with my clients. I can attest to the "uncertified," "19 year old cop," issues because I am young and uncertified.

I do not have my CNA yet I do have experience in healthcare seeings how I grew up with a disabled grand parent in my home. Donna is sneaky and will treat you like a child and she is very rude. Pray your family doesn't have to deal with her.

I will be leaving the company soon because of this mistreatment. Do not hire this company, you're better off taking care of whomever on your own.

I also worked for this company. In 20 years of being in this line of work I had never seen anything like it.

I'm glad I read this BEFORE I applied there!!

This company is far from a caring home care co. They are all about the money and covering a shift.

Incompetent and dangerous. Nepotism runs ramped.

They send care givers to clients home with no experience., They sleep, don't offer the meds to the client when due or just don't give the meds.at all. Client left wet or dirty. Complaints go NO where with company.

Their slogan "It's all in the details is a laugh." They send new caregivers to clients home with no report about the client needs are or what type care needs to be done. They work their personnel to death calling them on their days off to fill shifts. Making it mandatory to do double shifts with no extra pay offered.They are always short staff. No experience caregiver will stay with this money hungry company.

Yes this company will do harm to your family member if you employ them to care for your love one. You would be better off hireing someone from a add you place in the paper or checking Craigs List

Donna is doing Nothing wrong as far as the IRS Most of these posters need to get an education and learn english composition Slanderous statements with out proof you can be suied

@PissedConsumer664663

mike: I'm just wondering how you would know one way or the other if you are in Michigan? Do you work for the IRS??

Or maybe you're her accountant....

suied??? Someone didn't use their spell check :)

@PissedConsumer664663

Suied is not a word..and now a days in modern technology spell checker is available.. I suggest you use that and get an education of your own.

someone needs to call the IRS on this place. they are cheating the system by paying mileage instead of payroll. they are shorting their employees on UC and SS benefits as well as lieing to WC.

Evil. backstabbing.

liar. says it all about donna.

Donna is Donna Moyer. And if the devil had a daughter this would be her.

View more comments (14)
ID
Dover, Pennsylvania

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article