Health Care & Rehabilitation Services Betrayed A Vulnerable Man

An LICSW, Julie Cunningham of Families First in Wilmington, VT asked my husband to attend an HCRS meeting called ACT 264 to assist us in getting help for our challenged teenaged son. My husband (who has cognitive disabilities and obviously needed accomodation) walked into the room trusting that these credentialed professionals would be knowlwdgeable and supportive. They greeted him with intimidating, daggering eye glares and interrogated him in a criminal suspect manner, bullying him fearsomely and duressing him for "consent" to take our son into state custody. This terrifying set-up was conducted by Bill Metcalfe of Health Care and Rehabilitation Services (HCRS)in Brattleboro, Vermont. Nobody had warned my husband that he would need an attorney. He had no opportunity to find or request an advocate of any kind, even though at least two people in that room knew that he was disabled. Worst of all, he was degraded and humiliated in front of his handicapped teenage son. As he was leaving the meeting, shaking from shell-shock, Julie Cunningham approached him and informed that this was not happening because he was a bad parent, but because of "funding" issues. Immediately my husband went back to his job, trembling with horror at what had just happened. But he was not left alone to concentrate on his work. HCRS Counselor Linda Heimerdinger called and demoralized him for "raising your voice" at a loud and defiant teenager. She proudly proclaimed that she never, ever raised her voice at her own teens. But she was never sneak tape recorded in the privacy of her own home, as we were. I was shocked that the state could take kids away simply for occasional yelling, particularly when caught by warrantless tape recordings planted in your home during stressful times. The Child Maltreatment allegation was dropped but my husband is still suffering from PTSD. He has been suffering for more than 2 years.

Bill Metcalfe's real first name is Willard.

I will never, ever "move on" from this. Not ever, ever, ever.

HCRS of Brattleboro is simply cruel. I have come to the conclusion that, contrary to their boasting otherwise, Brattleboro and Windham County are cruel to traditional families. They seem to have a vested interest in breaking everybody up--turning wife against husband, children and teens against their parents.

I'm trying to forgive, but I cannot forget! :roll

The names of Bill Metcalfe, Julie Cunningham, Linda Heimerdinger, and Barbara Saunders (Brattleboro) are going to resound again and again because they have harmed the innocent. :sigh

#195380

I am still around, I have not gone away.

Bill Metcalfe of Brattleboro HCRS fame is truly a fearsome bully. He seems invincible, but I have faith that someday his abuse will catch up to him and he will have to pay a dear price for the terrible harm he has done. He's not the only one at HCRS who is terrible; they are a shameful outfit.

Forget and move on? NO WAY! :roll

Time has not dimmed the memory of this terrible event. I have not even begun to forget the horror of what happened, and will never "move on" so the perpetrators can continue to bully the innocent.

I am happy to report that I continue to shout out my own true story. And I am happy in doing it. :)

View more comments (12)
ID
Johnson, Vermont

About

Health Care and Rehabilitation Services Privacy Policy
I have been given unique training opportunities, room to be creative, and quality supervision from passionate supervisors who have all promoted Health Care and Rehabilitation Services's' growth. Any volunteer The Company allow to help The User while The Client are receiving services from HCRS. All employees, staff, and other personnel. All HCRS entities, sites, and locations follow the terms of this notice. Staff members at these entities, sites, and locations may share health information with each other for treatment, payment, or operations purposes as described in this notice. Health Care and Rehabilitation Services understand that health information about The Client and The User's health is personal. Website are committed to protecting The Customer's privacy and health information about The Customer Website create a record of the care and services The User of Website receive at HCRS. The Company need this record to provide The Client with quality care and to comply with certain legal requirements.
To read more: https://www.hcrs.org/privacy-policy.php
Summary

Established in 1967, Health Care and Rehabilitation Service provides treatment services. First of all, this organization was founded with the purpose of helping to citizens of Windham-Windsor county, who were suffering form diabetes, then other treatment plans were added to the list of services. Thus mainly mentally disturbed people and patients with disabilities regularly receive consultation and help from this health care center. Quite often social project are held for people with autism like, golf tournaments. In addition to this, there is an autism fund, so any questions can be discussed at this phone number (802) 886-4567 ext. 2710.

Health Care and Rehabilitation Services reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article