map-marker Bates City, Missouri

Their headlights don't work

I ordered a set of LED headlights from these people and they don't work, I spoke with one of their technicians Paul who basically called me an idiot. I have been a service technician for 25 years and I think Paul is the idiot. I ended up buying a set of quad LED headlights from timu for 11 dollars and they work way better
Pip D Dsz

Ripped off

Wrong product sent and no responsibility taken by the company. I should have read BBB reviews about the guys (seems like a 1 man show) inability to speak to another human.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Real jerk runs the place

User's recommendation: Don't do business with this ***

Rickey R Lgn

Verified Reviewer

Product does not work refuse to refund

I received a headlight set that would not work and the refused to take it back citing their policy on no returns if opened. These are the most dishonest rude company I have ever dealt with. See BBB complaints on this company wish I had checked before wasting my money. STAY FAR AWAY
Loss:
Cons:
  • Refuse to stand by plug and play claim
  • Will not refund if opened even if defective
  • Faulty products

User's recommendation: Stay far away

map-marker Vancouver, British Columbia

They suck

don't buy anything from them. when I had a problem they just kept telling me I was wrong. the lights were just a tiny bit too big to fit in the retainer. but they wouldn't listen. don't waste your money or your time buy from someone on Amazon at least there you can return them. there is a reason you can't give a Google review

User's recommendation: don't buy here

Emagene Pvu

Warning other potential victims

I was informed over the phone that installation was a straightforward plug-and-play, but it turned out to require wire splicing, which could potentially void the auto warranty.

Despite returning the product at my own expense, they insisted on a 20% restocking fee, which they mentioned is under their website return policy section. It seems their business model relies on imposing restocking fees and selling inferior design products to generate profit.

Upon filing a complaint, Headlight Expert threatened to contact my employer, attempting to coerce an agreement.

I acknowledge that I overlooked due diligence and failed to conduct sufficient research on the numerous complaints against Headlight Expert before making the purchase.

I acknowledge the 20% penalty but wish to share my unpleasant encounter with this discourteous seller. I encourage prospective buyers to conduct thorough research to avoid similar regrets in their purchases.

Consider this when deciding whether to engage with such a company; my review aims to save others time, money, and frustration.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Overpriced inferior product
  • Rude service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Don’t deal with such Unprofessional & Rude Seller with inferior product!

map-marker Denver, Colorado

Major Headache

I recently purchased the 9007 Hi/Lo Dual Beam LED Headlight Conversion Kit.

Upon testing the installed lamps I was surprised to find the high/low beam polarity mis-wired! I contacted customer service and was informed that I would be responsible for, return, shipping to process the replacement.

Therefore I decided to rewire the lamps myself.

Pre-installation I investigated the Headlight Experts installation videos, and reviewed the factory shop manual, applicable to my vehicle, for proper fitting. Following the installation, into factory new lamp housings, and subsequent testing I found that the lights produced irregular beam patterns. I re-clocked the orientation of the lamps to no avail. I enlisted the service of ASE technicians to evaluate the dilemma, to no avail.

I then reached out to Headlight Experts customer service and was advised that I would not receive a refund outside the thirty day mark.

My only option was to experiment with an alternate model conversion kit.

Mind you, shipping fees were my responsibility.

Hoping to convince Headlight Experts to accommodate a refund through a return of product, a reasonable request, I contacted the bank I made the purchase through and filed a claim! Ultimately, the bank agreed with my persuit and refunded my money.

The staff at Headlight Experts are, unquestionably, an unethical, unprofessional, and oblivious, sort.

There are to many options, on the market, concerning automotive Headlight Conversion kits to waste energy with a company that promotes what they are not.

Wayne b Wtp

| map-marker Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Terrible experience with this company, stay away!!!

Updated by user Sep 26, 2023

Finally received my order 10 days after shipping, supposed to have gotten in 2 days,no apologies from headlight experts just arguments on phone stay away from this company nothing but bad customer service from start to end.

Original review Sep 19, 2023
Jut terrible all the way around!!!absolutely horrible customer service and respect for your purchase.

User's recommendation: Don't buy from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casey C Ypa

STAY AWAY!!!!!

After waiting 3 weeks to receive my order, it finally came in. Once the "plug and play" order came in with the suggested add-ons, I installed the bulbs with minimal effort.

After 1 day of use, my 2017 Acadia started acting up. The headlights quit working, no brake lights, no turn signals. I emailed the company and they suggested another harness, which I purchased. While waiting for the new harness, I took the vehicle to a GM technician, he stated that the bcm and fuse box were fried.

I emailed the company and asked for a refund and they stated they do not do returns for installed items.

How is a person to know if the headlights work if they do not install them? Now I am going to be out another 600-800 dollars replacing the fuse box and bcm.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Shipping is awful
  • Customer service is awful
  • Product is awful

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Spend you money elsewhere

Tina K Buh

| map-marker Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

Charged but never shipped

Ordered 200.00worth of products. Item says shipped but never received by post office. They are always saying shipping soon. 30 days later, nothing. Luckily, I received a refund from my credit card. BUYER BEWARE. Thieves!! If I had looked at Company with the BBB. I would never have ordered from this mail order con artist.

User's recommendation: Do not purchase from headlight experts

ronald b Xdl

Terrible Customer service, inferior products

urn the I ordered some replacement headlamps for my vehicle wanting to maintain the stock look on the classic car using led technology, i went with headlight experts, what a huge mistake! The order arrived in a timely manner, when i opened the box I found the lenses to be cloudy and very translucent, the rubber boot supplied with the unit does not fit around the bulb as designed to prevent water intrusion, the lamp assemblies do not fit securely in their location, they are loose and rattle, when I attempted to contact the company I received no reply regarding my issue, the only thing I am requesting is to return the product for a full refund, however I cannot get a response from the company , Stay away from these people they are just out to get your money and offer a subpar product in return.

Loss:
Pros:
  • Fast shipping
Cons:
  • Poor quality
  • Pricing
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: look elsewhere!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article