Haynes Run Storage Review from Voorhees Township, New Jersey

If quality customer service is important to you...Do NOT do business with this company. Lack of customer service is one thing but straight up disrespect is another! I have never EVER been treated so poorly by a vendor in my entire life. This is a long story, but to sum it up, my former personal assistant was tasked with finding a storage unit to store some items that had been in our basement. We had a small flood and needed to place some items in storage while the basement was being renovated. My assistant rented a truck, had it loaded and put the items in a storage unit. She had 1 of my credit cards on her at all times so she made the payment arrangements too. Since she was also tasked with removing the items and taking the items back to the house once the basement was finished, I really had no details regarding the storage transaction. My assistant told me the cost of storage was $200 for 3 months of storage. To my surprise, I received an invoice from Haynes Run storage for $200 for 1 month instead of the 3. I took the invoice to my assistant and questioned her about the pricing since it was absolutely not what she told me. She reviewed the invoice and stated that she was very upset because it wasn't what she was quoted, she said she would handle it and that was that. She never brought it up to me again. I didn't receive another bill again so I figured the company had acknowledged their mistake and applied a credit to the account. Fast forward to this past Friday. I received a certified letter in the mail stating that the unit wasn't paid in 2 months and if I didn't pay it by this Friday, access to the unit would be denied and our items would be auctioned off. I immediately became concerned and simultaneously upset. For the record, I am NOT writing this review for the events leading up to this day. After all, we rented a storage unit and that was what we received. I don't even blame them for the misunderstanding in price. That I blame my assistant for and is one of the reasons why she is no longer in my employment. This is where Haynes Run's horrific customer service comes into play... Today, I placed a phone call to Haynes Run at approximately 4 PM. My intent was to get as much information about the unit as possible, like confirm the pricing, find out the address, inquire about the term of the agreement and of course the process in getting the account paid in full and to notify them that I would no longer need the unit at the conclusion of the month. All fair questions, right? Well not to the man who answered the phone. He was so rude and disrespectful to me with his tone and the words he used. I explained the situation to him and started to ask him the questions I needed answers for. He told me that if I wanted answers I needed to come in person. He told me that he pulled the lease. I asked him who signed the lease because I never even stepped foot in the place and he said I did. I said that is a lie and asked him what the agreement stated. He told me that even though he physically had the agreement in his hands, he would NOT give me any information. That if I wanted to know anything, I would have to drive over and find out in person. I looked up their website and saw they were a Uhaul authorized vendor. I asked him if they were part of Uhaul and he said "lady I'm not answering anything for you". That was totally unnecessary!!! He treated me like I was some *** criminal trying to steal from him! I wish I could describe his condescending tone. I was completely shocked. All this company cares about is getting paid. They could care less about the customer. Just give them their money and keep it moving. I will never do business with them again and would recommend that anyone reading this wouldn't either because they won't care about you past the sale. There are cheaper options with much better customer service.
ID
Voorhees Township, New Jersey
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article