Haylett Auto And Rv Reviews

Show reviews that mention
dealer unit buyer beware salesman camper buyer coldwater haylett beware phone
Filter review

AVOID!!!

AVOID Haylett RV of Coldwater Michigan. i went by about an hour after they open and the doors are locked and lights off. camper im looking at doesn't have a price listed online just "Call for price" i request the price through email because i refuse to call someone for a price of something they are selling (they are lucky i was interested enough to email). i get blown off BY THE MANAGER. respond that im no longer interested and that i just wanted the price and get blown off again. i go and post a review and they call me a liar! they say "the price is clearly marked" its not i have screenshots. and their records show they had staff there at the time i was there. i have a camera in my truck with time/date/coordinates ect that show otherwise. so not only does this dealer not maintain its buisness hours its managers will blow you off and the company will call you a liar for it.
ID
Pros
  • Lmao
Cons
  • Garbage customer service
  • Poor treatment
Poor customer service

Junior Reviewer

Buyer Beware. New Units sold as-is to protect the dealer

Here is is months later and I have gotten no where. They sell their units as-is. Buyer beware. Company has ceased all contact with me since 4/9/19. They were kind enough to have their attorney send me a cease and desist letter. Advising me to remove all my truthful comments/negative feed back or be sued. I have spoken the truth, and nothing but the truth. The dealer advised our lien holder we put down cash (which we did not), a check (we did not write a check for $5000), and money on a CC which we did do. Lien holder could care less. Said keep making your payments or we will repo the unit. We will sell it for wholesale, and then sue you for the difference. Sold a defect unit from the factory. Shame on you. I offered multiple times for a settlement, and this is what I got.
#2019821

rv's are like cars the manufacture provides warrant not the seller

Junior Reviewer

Shady dealer

This place sells lemons (purchased a 2019 keystone Montana in Nov 2018). Salesman was all over the place. Within 4 hours of picking up our new rv problems started. We called them back, and was told not to turn back around and would ship us the part. They never did. They don't even do any inspections on new units. Clear defects from the Factory were missed. (Black tank flush reversed) we have so many problems our rv is a lemon. Gone for two months and had to go back again. Missing paper work, inflated prices and lies on paperwork to banks. Said they would do things and then didn't. Denies warranty, and has not returned phone calls or emails in weeks. Do not buy from them, especially if buying from out of state. If you do you better get your own inspection. Go over all paperwork and warranties. They tell you a unit is good to full time and it's not. Changes need to be made on the dealer and manufacture levels. Greed at its finest.

Here it is months later and I have gotten no where. They sell their units as-is.

Buyer beware. Company has ceased all contact with me since 4/9/19. They were kind enough though to have their attorney send me a cease and desist letter. I was advised to remove all my truthful reviews/negative feedback or be sued.

I have spoke the truth. The dealer advised our lien holder we put down more money than we actually did. They stated we put down cash, check, and cc. Two of these are lies, we only put down money using a CC.

NO CASH, NO CHECK. Lien holder could care less. Said keep making your payments or we will repo the unit. We will only sell it for wholesale price and sue you for the difference.

Sold a unit rom the factory with latent defects. Again, no PDI or dealer acceptance form on file or given to manufacturer on top of the questionable financing practices. Shame on you.

I offered multiple times for a settlement and this is what I got. Can’t trade the unit in with out taking over a $20,000 loss and its 6 months old.

Coldwater Township, Michigan
Haylett Auto And Rv Customer Care
Cons
  • Poor treatment
  • Lies

Major safety issue and poor customer service

We purchased a used camper from Haylett RV in Coldwater MI. on 5/06/17. This was a major purchase for us, as we have only a minimal amount of camping knowledge. We made sure our salesman knew this. When we first met and talked to the salesman he was cheerful and outgoing, it wasn't long before he became sullen and uncooperative. When we first seen the video of our unit the person on the video said that this unit had not been cannibalized but it was and we were told by our salesman that he didn't know about that but that he would "look" into it. Well needless to say we had to purchase a deep cell battery and battery box that were missing from the unit. I was told I could purchase a battery from Haylett for $148.00. We had had decided to obtain our own financing at a better interest rate and he became upset about it. We had set up an appointment to pick our unit up and were told it would be cleaned and ready to go, this appointment was for 2 weeks later. When we arrived for our appointment we were disappointed to see the unit had not been cleaned inside or outside when we asked why the salesman said they were busy and didn't have time to do it. Well after some discussion we decided that we would leave with our camper so with the salesman's help we hooked up and left. When I arrived home and was unhooking the trailer I found on the trailer tongue a stamped in note saying this unit required a 2 5/16" ball. Well I was shocked because my pick up had a 2" ball! The salesman had NOT said anything about this and he even helped put the trailer on the hitch. I could have done some very serious damage if this had come unhooked going down the road. I can't believe a company can do business like this. AVOID HAYLETT RV AT ALL COST. LET THE BUYER BEWARE.

I hope Haylett’s attorney doesn’t send you a cease and desist like they did with us.

Josh from Haylett rv, that does a lot of their reviews has a lot in inaccurate information on his videos. He is a big trash talker!

Anyone who post comments that says there is 36" on insulation in a roof, has some very serious issues!

Avoid this company! Not sure why they would have a goof like him do videos for them!

@Darol Apn

what he said was companies are claiming r values that would require feet of insulation and that those values are ridiculous. you either misunderstood or are deliberately twisting what was said.

View more comments (2)
Coldwater, Michigan
Haylett Auto And Rv Sales Representative
Cons
  • Poor treatment
Reason of review
Safety was not told about wrong size ball hitch
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

HAYLETT RV COLDWATER, MI

Update by user Jan 23, 2017

Received a call from the salesman this morning stating that they did not mislead us. I told him that some friends of ours are in the market for a new fifth wheel and that we were going to share our experience with Haylett.

He said that is fine do whatever you want I'm going to make this work to our advantage.

Sounds like a threat to me. Really professional!

Original review posted by user Jan 23, 2017
We looked at a Jayco model camper back in November at Haylett RV and the price was a bit out of our range. I noticed the same unit listed on their web site at a price reduction so I called about it and was told it was on sale as it was on their lot for over 120 days. I told the salesman Tim that we just wanted a out the door price and he gave me a figure. I spoke to my husband and we decided to purchase the unit. I called Tim and he then quoted a price that was almost $3,000.00 more that what he said earlier in the day. He tried to tell me that out the door did not included taxes and other fees. I reminded him that he told me we would just hook the unit up and leave at the price he quoted not even a PDI inspection. He came back and said he spoke to his manager who agreed to sell it at the original price he told me but we had to buy it that day. I told him we had a trade and tried to get him to give me the trade in value over the phone as the dealership as an hour drive for us but he said we could take care of that when we got there. Right after we arrived he had us fill out a trade in form and went straight to whomever does that apparently. He comes back with a smirk on his face and a trade in offer of $2000.00! We have been in the market for a new camper for months and have been offered $6000.00 by three other dealers with the cost of the unit we were looking at being the same as this one. I checked the NADA site and the trade in value is $7,500.00, we paid $10,000.00 for it last year. They had NO intention of selling us that unit and had us drive two hours for nothing, did a credit check and the while nine yards when they knew what they were going to do all along. I would not entertain ever buying anything form this dishonest dealer. Buyer beware they are not honest people!

Stay away from this RV dealer! Anyone that presents himself in that manner should not be doing sales for the dealership!

This company is strictly interested in sales only!

Once they have your money, they don't care anymore! Josh who does videos for them should be promoting business, but is tarnishing his own reputation, by making stupid comments!

Coldwater, Michigan
Haylett Auto And Rv Customer Care
Cons
  • Being treated poorly
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
I just want them to know that the way they treated us is unacceptable!

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article