map-marker Fontana, California

Scammed out of money and my items!

BEWARE! H*** N**** d******** is a theif! Hautetrader is a scam site! THEY STOLE MY $ AND DRESS! They STEAL YOUR INFO AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION AND AS SOON AS YOU SEND YOUR EXPENSIVE ITEM THEY CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT! How many $25 or $50 dollar charges have you stolen from members? You barely have ANY ACTIVE MEMBERS AND ITS OBVIOUS WHY. IF YOU SEND YOUR AUTHENTIC ITEM TO THEM TO AUTHENTICATE FOR A TRADE. THEY STEAL IT, TELL U ITS FAKE AND KEEP YOUR $50 TRADE FEE! THEY HAVE BEEN GETTING AWAY WITH THIS FOR FAR TOO LONG! THEY ARE CRIMINAL WOMEN! WATCH OUT FOR LATER CHARGES ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS ALSO. THEY WILL SLOWLY CHARGE IT HERE AND THERE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!

DON'T LET THEM GET AWAY WITH IT!

Tip for consumers:

Beware! They suspend your account as soon as you pay and then ship an expensive item out. They have other members that have phony profiles and all your luxury items go straight to haute trader! Its a big SCAM!!!

Products used:

I paid for a trade $25 on my credit card and then sent my item and as soon as I shipped. Mine was tracking, the other traders wasn't. HauteTrader suspended my account for UNKNOWN REASON! No explanation! I had only joined a few weeks prior and they were helpful up until I paid and shipped a very expensive dress to another trader on their platform. They froze my account so I have no way to reach out to the other member to tell her to ship my dress back. She must be working with them? I'm so frustrated and feel very taken advantage of!!!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Steal and then suspend you

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Hautetrader is a scam! They steal your bank account info!

Jenny D Wlz

Verified Reviewer

Scam and stolen credit card payments

HauteTrader - Scam and stolen credit card payments
Hautetrader is a scam site! They stole my money, my expensive item I shipped, then froze my account!
Loss:
Cons:
  • Theft
  • Steal and then suspend you

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don't put your credit card info on there. They will scam you!

Verified Reviewer

BEWARE this SCAM fashion website!

HauteTrader - BEWARE this SCAM fashion website!
Most corrupt dishonest trading fashion website run by scammers and trashy shady women. They will let you trade for points and as soon as you build up points and pay all your trade fees they freeze your account with no reason stated and then will NOT answer emails. I had 1200 points that they froze & deleted my account. So they have essentially stolen one YSL bag from me one GUCCI bag and balenciaga shoes. They are thieves and very trashy unprofessional women! I am going to start looking into a lawyer for compensation from this very corrupt business! I added a screenshot from one of MANY emails sent by Arianna {{Redacted}} (trashy& unprofessional customer service rep) about removing my negative reviews or they would delete me.
Ruby F Rqy

Unfair practices

Banned me for sending bag to concierge and paying a fee. The purpose of concierge is to authenticate for a fee not punish for items being unauthentic. The general public ARE NOT authenticators, that’s why we pay a fee!! Haute Trader kept my fee, my points earned for my items not theirs, and banned me
Kirklin

They steal and have fake members and as soon as you ship they steal your luxury items!

Verified Reviewer

Terrible! Don't waste your time.

Updated by user Apr 30, 2021

This was never resolved! I left one star not 5!

Original review Nov 17, 2018
Terrible site. Do not waste your time or money! Unhelpful. VERY unfriendly! The only person I dealt with was "Arianna Goldstein". She acts like uneducated trash. (Not someone you would expect to have to deal with in a customer service situation.) Site can be very confusing and they expect you to pay $25-$50 every time, even if you are just sending your own bag to someone else! The site also has many glitches and is not very user friendly. Also, no app for this. If I could give less than one star, I would. Its a good idea for people who enjoy trading but I for one, will wait for a more appropriate site, that is more trustworthy and helpful, thank you.
$2000
Cons:
  • Steal from you
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

Guest

I totally agree they confiscate points for no good reason

map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Haute Trader Website Review from Bellevue, Washington

I have been on this site for a couple months now and am floored by how unethical they are! I followed all the rules to the letter and had a 5 star average rating my entire time there.

During the course of my time here I dealt with several people trading replica merchandise and representing it as real. And these werent miatakes, for example, one person named lisa rodriguez, I bought her bag with points (thats the sites currency) and I had a bad feeling about it, it was a blue ysl cabas bag and she even posted a picture of the receipt, yet said she could no longer "locate" the receipt. I did a reverse search of her images and found her accounts on 3 other selling platforms, and that she tried selling this bag on all 3 sites, and all 3 sales were cancelled because the bag was deemed fake by every single site (it was a very poor quality fake). When I disputed this with haute trader and sent all of my evidence over, they brushed it off and as always were extremely rude to me and unhelpful and went so far as to blame me for trading with her (like I was suppossed to know ahead of time she was a scammer!) then this situation got drug out and when I tried to leave a negative review for this person to warn other honest people of what she did, haute trader actually blocked me from leaving her a rating!

Everytime I have had to deal with customer service they are extremely rude and never answer my questions, they dont follow their own policy, I left a negative review for a woman who was a nightmare to deal with, the next day that review vanished, they deleted my honest review and covered up for this woman! They allow people to stay on their site in good standing even when it has been proven they list fakes, one woman repeatedly tried to get me to take our transaction off of their site (blatant breaking of policy) they did nothing about it, in fact she is the very person they coddled and removed my honest rating from! Now it looks like she has a 5 star average since they remove reviews for certain people! Completely unethical and shady!

I highly recommend you stay far away from this company, they dont have a clue how to run a site properly. They make stuff up as they go and dont hold people accountable for anything! At this point in time they have also stolen from me. I traded a $900 dress for "points" which means I gave my dress up in exchange for points that I could use within the site to buy something else, they locked me out of my account while I have active points which is the same thing as robbing me for the value of the dress I traded!

I had a long conversation with Caroline Saturday night to discuss the many issues within this website, we hung up with me thinking some things had been resolved, she sends me an email telling me they are going to make me a VIP member since Im an outstanding member if the community, then only a day later Im locked out of my account for no reason with no warning, and all of my listings are gone. When I email them about this and tell them I know for a fact I have never broken a rule or any policy and that I have never done anything to deserve this, her reason (since there was never a real reason) was "this is a site for women to trade fashion from their closets, and we dont think this is the right site for you". The biggest load if *** I ever heard! The bottom line is I didnt sheepishly sit back and allow people to scam me, I spoke up and left honest reviews and I disputed fraud, they clearly dont like this and there are certain users on their site they are protecting at all costa (I dont know why, perhaps they are family members or investors?) so I have totally been discriminated against, I (the victim of the fraud) have been penalized and locked out for the actions of other people!

Instead of ridding the site of the fraudsters and the cheats and the trouble makers, they have chose to coddle those people and kick off me, one of their best users and a 100% honest person! They suspended me on no real or legal grounds, they stole from me, they delete honest ratings to cover up for certain members, they have rude uneducated people answering emails, they promote the users who trade fakes, they blame the victim and coddle the cheats, I highly recommend nobody join this site or get tangled up in their extremely questionable and dishonest activity. I traded a louis vuitton bag where I posted 13 detailed pictures in natural lighting, the woman gets it and low and behold she starts complaining about the "shade" of the leather, she also lied and promised me she would send me the dustbag with her bag, she repeatedly tried to take our trade off the site to avoid the fee, and she bitched and moaned about this for days! Guess who they sided with?

They tried to convince me to trade back with her after she did all this! Then she had the nerve to leave me a negative rating and lie saying I misrepresented the bag when I clearly showed the shade of leather up close. They actually not only tried to force me to trade back, they deleted the honest review I left her, they coddled her and even though via email the woman at haute sided with me, the next day that all switched. Also you are only allowed 3 days to open a dispute, once again they bent the rules for this same person as allowed her to open a dispute on day 4!

I have never in my life seen such an *** backwards company. Its a free for all, there are no guarantees and when you have an issue arrise you can forget about customer service giving a ***! Stay far away from this discriminatory, shady, unethical "business". At first I was excited about it, but I have never seen a more shady business in all my life!

And this is just the tip of the icerberg, I could write a book on the fraud that takes place here. This company is in beta, I dont see them making it another 6 months when they operate like this!

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Guest

Corey Is a known scammer on all of these sites! I traded with the OP and it went smooth and perfectly, she had all 5 star transactions other then the 1 unwarranted review that one person left her over the "color of the leather" on a bag.

Bottom line is haute trader is a scam, shady website that allows and even promotes trading counterfeit merchandise, they cover up and remove negative reviews for certain users, their staff is rude and awful and completely unprofessional! They lie and make things up to cover their own criminal activity! I highly recommend not patronising this site! And this "link" they provided as the reason given for banning the OP is a joke!

All it proves is the OP's 5 star seller status, and shows some comments left by Corey saying the OP was lying, so they decided to side with Corey despite her being caught lying and trading replicas and banned the honest person for speaking up. My advice would be to get any of your items from here professionally authenticated since they allow users to repeatedly list and trade fakes then cover up for these criminals

Guest

Open up a case with Post Office Inspector in all the areas that you traded in."Mail Fraud". They crossed the line. Call the USPS Office 1 800 number on they ***

Guest

This "corey" person you all speak of is the same person who sent me the fake, damaged herve leger dress! She was my very first trade!

She told me we would lose our points if we didnt close out the trade, then told me she would send me a pair of brian Atwood heels to make up for the dress she sent me (i sent her a new with tags $2k Versace dress) being inexperienced I obliged even though I didnt want the shoes! Both of her items werent even close in total retail price as my dress, so even if I kept the dress and shoes I still would have gotten the short end of the deal. She told me to keep both items, I had the dress cleaned (it was filthy and stunk) before I realized it was a fake! I offered to send the dress back as I have no use for any type of fake or counterfeit item!

I messaged her for 4 weeks trying to get her address AND messaging her on the site and she ignored me! I was the one trying to get the fake dress back to her when she could have cared less! Finally she replied and I sent the dress back, I have every email to prove what Im saying, also this was considered a "re trade" we completed the first trade on their site, then did the re trade on our own per "COREY'S" request, NOT mine! I followed her instructions since I was new!

Per haute traders terms they say they will NOT get involved in re trades or trades done off the site! Yet they kicked me off for no valid reason and now want to change their story to "I didn't send the fake herve dress back"? Grasping at straws! And how could they possibly know if I sent it back or not?

It was done off of their site! Im the one who brought this issue up to them, that corey is trading fakes! Why would I bring this situation up a month later if I did something wrong? Corey should have been the user banned!

Not me! There was never problem for her! She got my new dress and her old fake dress back, & I got a beat up pair of shoes! She didnt even ask for the dress back I offered!

So after I bring this situation up to the notorious "Caroline" she speaks to Corey about it. To save her own *** Corey tells haute I never sent the dress back and they immediately banned me! No grounds to do this even if I didn't send the dress back since they dont get involved in re trades! My emails proved I sent it back!

I was questioning why they allow fakes and had received 3 fakes in trades they had to refund for! They didnt like this, so this was just an excuse to ban me! And heres the best part! Corey got the fake dress she sent me in a previous trade from a user named Lisa R.

Who also traded me a fake ysl bag! So lisa r. And corey (2 known counterfeit peddlers) are still on the site going strong (never made it to their dumb as *** lame girl list) and the honest 5 star member (me) is the one who was banned and chastised!

How *** backwards is that? Do you really want to be part of a community that does business like this, protects the scammers and bans the good people?

Guest

This website is a scam! Just shut my account down!

After scrolling the site for 5 minutes I found 8 obvious fakes being listed to trade, and about 10 obvious fakes that were already traded for authentic items! This means that these same people scamming women trading up their fakes getting authentic items in return are all still thriving on the site with no consequences! Major red flag! I did have a couple successful trades on this site (one of them being with the OP) but its just too easy to get scammed with all the fakes rampant and nobody doing anything about it!

The reply from the company is a joke really! Saying OP is the first person to make the "lame girl list"? what about all these real scammers peddling their fakes knowingly scamming people that you continue to allow and do nothing about? Too big of a risk!

I can personally vouch that this Caroline woman running this fraudulent business is a complete *** with no ethics and zero honesty, she is single handedly the rudest"service rep" I have ever had to deal with! Their reply was just so unprofessional and mean and contained no facts to support their claim in any way! This Caroline person is grossly incompetent and the fact that this is the HBIN makes me trust the company even less! I havent experienced as many issues as the OP, but I have had my share of problems with this site AND with this Caroline creature!

I 100% believe OP nobody takes the time to write detailed review like this just because they have nothing better to do! And I knew OP from the site and traded with her twice and both items were beautiful authentic items! Both transactions went perfect! So for haute to resort to calling this woman a scammer for no reason just goes to show their 2 year old mean girl antics with zero integrity!

I believe every word written and where theres smoke theres fire, too many details here to just be made up! And Since when does a 5 star seller just turn into a scammer over night? Who takes the time to build up a 5 star reputation just to ruin it? Sorry haute, but I have seen your shadiness and dishonesty first hand, OP is not alone in having problems with your site!

You currently have many users with blatant fakes listed and already traded (which means innocent people got scammed) and you refuse to do anything about it! Maybe instead of scanning review sites and leaving people unprofessional, rude, libelous replies you should try monitoring your site for all the fraud that gets overlooked!

Guest

Woah Heidi, that blows! I have interacted with you before on the site and you were nothing less than awesome. Their loss.

Guest

The profile photo of the fake Corey has been removed and replaced with a photo of a shoe on Poshmark. These Haute Trader people must be trolling the comments and saw they were busted with the use of someone else's photo.

Jenny D Wlz
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1208414

I agree!! They have fake members as soon as I shipped my item to her I immediately got suspended

Guest

Use Poshmark credit - PUJNW when you sign up to get a 5 dollar credit !!!! I personally love posh.

I don't really have any problems. Usually if I do, and it's very rare when I do, they are very accommodating.

Occasionally you will run into a *** seller or customer but that isn't poshmarks fault. You just have to deal with them accordingly!!!

Guest

Haha! If they are sharing my Poshmark listings and not scamming me, I don't mind.

Share, Share, Share, Share away! It seems like HauteTrader checks the trades being sent out, which is more than I can say for Poshmark.

From what I have heard the site is Ok but ONLY if you want to trade. if you want to resell, getting their HautePoints currency will be annoying to you.

I have not heard of anyone being scammed and from the looks of the review above they kick people off of the site who to scam people. I will happily give it a try when they get more listings... but like I said if Corey or whomever else is on Poshmark sharing my listings I have no problem lol.

Keep up the good work. It doesn't hurt me.

Guest

I met someone from HauteTrader on Posh but the item I traded went well. I have also recieved tons of links from Mercari and Tradesy and someone selling free cellphones.

This seems to be the norm on Poshmark. I just ignore most of them especially Mercari.

View more comments (26)

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article