Deceptive Pricing

Haul My Stuff - Deceptive Pricing
Totally deceptive pricing by Thumbtack vendor. I asked for estimates on Thumbtack for junk removal. I sent pictures and received a quote of $100.00 from "Haul my Stuff." I agreed and the vendor arrived on 23 Aug 2020 and viewed the items to be removed. After the items were loaded on his truck he told me the cost would be $300.00. I asked why the price had changed and why I was not informed of the increase in price before my items were loaded on his truck. The vendor stated the information was in the Thumbtack App. It was not. I am a female senior citizen, living by myself. The vendor was at my house with two other men. I did not want to argue about the price and told him just that. I paid the $300.00 under duress. The pricing was Totally deceptive. I did not have $300.00 worth of junk removal. I was totally scammed by a vendor that was vetted by Thumbtack. After reading my review the vendor, Justin, I do not have his last name, called me and stated he would return the junk he removed from my basement to my front lawn for dragging his name through the mud. Thumbtack vendors are allowed to threaten customers if a review is written they dont agree with? A response would be most appreciated.

User's recommendation: Do not use this Company.

ID
#2132021 Review #2132021 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Haul My Stuff Hauling Service
Cons
  • Bait and switch pricing
  • Scammers
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article