map-marker Laurel, Mississippi

Almost Worst Customer Service I have Ever Experienced

Had a lot of frustration and exasperation with Pissy woman in records. Had to leave a voice mail initially.

Did not hear back. Finally got through and she said it would be several days before I could get the records, even though I called two days ago. She said, "Well, I didn't hear from you. I tried to call you." I had no missed call from her / them.

And, minimum $20 charge for records. (They had also previously over charged me and I had to push the issue, after I saw it on my insurance invoice, before they would give me credit for the over payment.). Also had issues with whether they did, or did not accept my new insurance and simply gave up and cancelled and went elsewhere after that. Tried and tried and tried to get an eye drop that would work and finally gave up on that (was going to try again and next appointment but.

. no way to talk to insurance / billing department at time of appointment to get straight answers about new insurance so, left and went elsewhere).

User's recommendation: Dont Go Here. . .

Ray W Smith

Verified Reviewer

Neurology department (Dr. Schwartz staff very rude (account rep (amber),and the nurse (Jennifer J), and indfferent (only money counts))

Hattiesburg Clinic - Neurology department (Dr. Schwartz staff very rude (account rep...
Updated by user Sep 17, 2023

A Nurse or someone in the Drs Office sent a message (a lie) saying I was confrontational, but it is 'Not" being confrontational on phone to cancel an appointment which every American Consumer has a right to do according to the FTC laws. She said she was sending that message to the front office of Hattiesburg Clinic, lolllllll. I guess since the "woke" Mentality came along, even cancelling an appointment at a Drs office is considered being confrontational or extremist, lollllll, sooo sad we live in that type of society today.....

Original review Sep 08, 2023
Someone called (amber) from the doctors office this morning and left a message on my phone stating my appointment for the test scheduled for September 11, 2023, said insurance said they won't pay for that cause it is not medically necessary, the reason being they already paid for the same test that was done about 6 months earlier and the doctor determined base on the Brain MRI and Cognitive testing (asking questions,and remember them and words, etc.and have me draw/copy images, etc.), that I needed the prescription Aricept 10 mgs so he prescribed that for a whole year. She told me that the insurance would not pay for the modified test on the 11th.

She said she had no record I was given a test and I told her well, I have the results right here. she said if I wanted to have the test it would cost $299.00 out of my pocket. I said it's the same test that was given to me already that they paid for already. so, she and I ended up hanging up, she was very rude, not very caring at all.

SO cancelled all the appointments for that date 11th and 18th suppose to be a follow up for that test. a lot of "incompetence" going on.

I spoke with the nurse (Jennifer J), and she was just as rude and very indifferent. MY suggestion is "DO NOT USE DR SCHWARTZ OR HIS STAFF" i Have included a copy of the correspondence between nurse and myself about it here...She told me she would inform Dr Schwartz that both appointments are cancelled, "instead" of resolving the issue.
Cons:
  • Rude staff
Ronald M Zrc

| map-marker Picayune, Mississippi

I have double vision and bad headache

Very poor I got a referral to Neuro ophthalmology Dr Szatmary But they're telling me I have to wait two more weeks when I have already waited a week already that is a long time to wait when I was referred by another neurologist for treatment.

Preferred solution: A faster appointment

User's recommendation: Faster appointments

Pianoman

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Hattiesburg, Mississippi

Bad quality of service, rude employees

Hattiesburg Clinic - Bad quality of service, rude employees
Updated by user Oct 28, 2020

It's not Hattiesburg Clinic, it is Hattiesburg G.I Associates

Original review Oct 28, 2020

I received a letter on October the 26 stating that my colonoscopy was due and for me to contact the clinic. SO I tried to call them 4 times, and I could never speak to the person (Debbie), who left me a message on my voice mail to call her and set it up.

So when I called (4 times), a person by the mane of (Ashley), answered the phone and she would never put me through to speak to Debbie, said she was always on the phone.

So she and I had communication problems after that, so she told me on the phone that they would not do it because of communication problems (on their part).

she was rude, and very nasty on the phone.

I have been using them for about 5 years now, so I will contact another one, they are a dime a dozen. Address being; 100 Methodist BLVD, Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 39402.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Do not use Hattiesburg G.I Associates

Pianoman

| map-marker District 5, Mississippi

Poor Quality of Service/Rude Staff

Hattiesburg Clinic - Poor Quality of Service/Rude Staff
Hattiesburg Clinic - Poor Quality of Service/Rude Staff - Image 2
Updated by user Mar 14, 2020

Maybe the staff/doctor got upset cause I enquired about the new blood pressure meds he prescribed to me, I think it was recalled by the FDA (see screenshot). We live in a twisted /perverted society and people will make up all kind of things, say all kind of negative things about a person if they get mad at you, even make up lies, fabricate statements, etc.lolllll.

I Know I Haven't done anything to his staff. BUt as a consumer, I Have the right to question his methods, the medicine he prescribes me, and the right to file negative reviews if need be. But, for his inf, Doctors are a dime a dozen and there are more doctors here in the community where I live, he is not the only one.I remember he wanted me sometime ago, about 7 months ago to go to a sleep center and get tested for insomnia, but I told him "I don't have any problems sleeping", so they called me anyway and set up an appointment and I told the staff nurse, whoever it was, that "I did not need an appointment cause I do not have any sleeping problems".

I also told her that, "that would be a waste of insurance money to have a procedure that I don't medically need". She acted like she got mad on the phone with me, wow, lolll wah a society we live in.

Updated by user Mar 13, 2020

Dr Bobby Jones works out of The Family Clinic of Seminary, MS , part of Hattiesburg Clinic of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Original review Mar 13, 2020

I went to the doctor on March 2, 2020, for a routine check up and the doctor changes my blood pressure medicine because I told him ever since he upped my dosage of blood pressure medicine I was having a dry cough a lot, and I was having mucus problems for 6 months. Anyway, he changed the brand to another type and so far it has been doing real well.

I have been having problems with swallowing a little bit the staff made an appointment for me to see a Stomach and throat doctor, which I called and cancelled because I have to have someone go with me (Because they put you under when they do an endoscopy). Well, my brother is going to go with me, but he had a procedure himself, so I have to wait till he is well enough to go with me, so he can drive. Well, yesterday, March. 12, I received a letter from the doctor stating he no longer wanted to be my physician and in 30 days he would no longer be my physician.

He gave a "vague reason", said I had a"relationship problem with his staff", and I can't think of anything I have done but cancelled the appointment(s) until another time. I have encountered rude staff there in the past, not all of them are rude just a few and if I was him, I would want my staff to be more patient friendly. Most of the women (all women), in the front office looks to be very young, maybe just out of college, so maybe they need to take a course in public relations, lolll. Anyway, I Have done nothing to his staff and if they say I have other than cancel an appointment a couple of times, then they would be telling a flat out lie.

So he has a right to refuse service to anyone in this land of capitalism, and I also have a right to submit reviews regarding his business, the way I was treated, and the quality of service. I have waited there as high as an hour before being seen, and when you call to cancel an appointment (it is my right to do so as a consumer), then they act like they are perturbed about it. The doctor prescribed me some blood pressure medicine that one batch of it the FDA recalled in 2018, Valsartan. I called about that, and they seem to get angry when I asked them about that, I even sent a screenshot of the article from WEB MD website.

Someone from the doctors' office called me back and told me that that was part of another Lott that was recalled and the drug stores responsibility, not the doctors fault. But in that phone call there was civility, so I don't know what he is talking about, the allegation is vague.

YOU can read the letter in here. SO in response, I wrote him a letter back (See photo copy), acknowledging his letter and it was certified and the letter I sent to him was certified as well, and I sent it out this morning from post office.

Pros:
  • Cost
Cons:
  • Get mad at you if you cancel an appointment
  • Rude staff
  • Not patient friendly

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: check out other cinics in the area, there are better ones and more staff are more competent

Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers Expert Talks

4th COVID Vaccine, Monkeypox, Mask-Optional Policy

Jan 6, 2022

Who may need the 4th vaccine? Is monkeypox dangerous? Prof. Karen Jubanyik comments on the mask-optional policy, COVID booster shot, and the monkeypox.

Prof. Karen Jubanyik
Prof. Karen Jubanyik

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article