The worst and best of breeding. A response to Kristen Jordan.

This is in response to Kristen Jordan’s comment. There is a major backstory to Jordan‘s comments. I feel somewhat responsible as I was the one who unknowingly motivated her interest in Jim Hatten‘s Giant Schnauzers. I found her on the Internet in 2013 and drove from...

We are on our third giant from Jim. Amazing

View more comments
Coloma, Illinois
Good customer service

Hatten Giant Schnauzers are great!

I have gotten Giants from Jim for over thirty years and never had one problem. Giant puppies can be a handful and if not properly watch over when young can injure themselves. Also I don't know all circumstances but puppies that are kenneled all the time and not exercised won't develop the necessary joints or support muscles. I have four dogs at the moment and not a one has health issues or problems. Jim has never been a puppy mill and before accusing someone of such the definition should be addressed. Jim is reasonable when people are also reasonable. I have always received a contract but not all clients either return them or acknowledge them.
#1501970

Jim Hatten is a VERY caring breeder. I think that anyone posting negative views must look past their sensitive feelings.

He is to the point and very knowledgable NOT because of arrogance, but because he TRULEY Cares for all the puppies he breeds and has many many years under his belt.Someone that will take time to offer to meet you 1.5 months AFTER the sale to assist you with further after care of cropping and further assistance whenever you may need it is A #1 in my book.And....it was on Father’s Day to boot.We love our Tony!

We received him in great health and this was the BEST decision and new addition to our family.As far as comments with having to euthanize any puppy at a year for hip issues, I am TRULEY sorry, but had you done your homework on this breed you would know that is a possibility. Insurance is out there and had you Invested in your puppy you would have been able to potentially avoid laying him down and been able to have the surgery.I would get another puppy from Jim and Kim anytime we are ready to increase our family or heaven for bid Tony’s time on earth ends.

Good customer service

Hatten's Giant Schnauzer breeder Lies! Beware! Hatten kennel

Jim lies to you and does not uphold his part when it comes to a puppy and health. He blamed me for my dog having bad joints at only a year of age! My poor dog had to be euthanized because surgery to fix It was going to be thousands of dollars and he was in so much pain. The vet said the hip joint is malformed!!!!!! I should have known Jim was unprofessional when he didn't even show me a purchase contract until I picked up my puppy, and I placed the deposit over 4 mths earlier with no contract spoken of. Just him saying he promised health. He says he has never had a problem with a puppy or puppy buyer but if you research you will see different. My pup was also very sick when I brought it home with giardia, coccidiosis, and roundworms. I had to force feed him with a syringe for weeks. When I picked him up he had him in a small pen with *** everywhere and even stuck on bottom of my pup's feet and butt. When you talk to him he goes on and on about his champions and in my opinion he does not give the care to his breeding program that he boasts about. Just because a breeder says they Champion out their dogs don't mean squat!!! Puppy mill city!!!

I feel somewhat responsible as I was the one who unknowingly motivated her interest in Jim Hatten‘s Giant Schnauzers. I found her on the Internet in 2013 and drove from Ohio to her property to purchase one of her puppies. The irony is everything she claims about Jim is true of her. The dog she sold us died in April on good Friday while at the vet having his ears cropped.

The vet contributed it to an undeveloped heart and other internal issues. We will never forget that day. Conrad has a grave stone in our backyard. She sold us the dog when he was under 8 weeks old.

The day we picked him up it was in the 30’s and he was outside, the smallest of the litter, shivering with a runny nose. We returned home to a round of anabiotic’s etc. The conditions of the property were deplorable at best. Her adult male dog was out of control.

Her warranty was a joke. I was so devastated I never thought I could purchase another dog. However, my family insisted that another puppy would help relieve the ache in our hearts. That is when I began hours and weeks of research determined not to make the same mistake I made the first time.

Up until then I did not even know what the phrase “puppy mill” meant. Through research one name kept coming to the top - Jim Hatten. Long story short we reached out and found the greatest dog for our family. When I first saw Bentley I could not believe he was a Giant Schnauzer.

He was three times the size of Conrad (The dog we had purchased from Jordan.). Very alert and playful. He honestly look like a different breed compared to Conrad. The rest is beautiful history...Bentley can perform over 12 difficult tricks - today he runs off leash beside me stops on command goes on command opens all the doors in our house.

A regular king of the castle. He is the best friend we have ever had. Unfortunately for Jim- I was so amazed by Bentley (having something to compare Conrad to) I imediately called Jordan telling her of our amazing dog and how I realized more than ever what a disservice she had done to the breed, not to mention the pain she caused for Conrad. At that point, three months after Conrad’s death, she offered to give me another dog.

I emphatically explained I would not take one of her dogs if she paid me. Jim’s dogs all look like twins and not just in the same litter but from year to year. On the other hand not one of her dogs looked related. I’ll never forget my first conversation with Jim when I asked him what he did with the runt of the litter’s.

He said, ” what do you mean runt?” “I have no runts.” Then and there I recieved my first lesson in careful, conscientious breeding. I was amazed when he sent me the pictures to prove it. As a result of me telling Jordan about Jim’s dogs she apparently has lashed out at Jim. She tried to purchase one of Jim’s dogs but would not agree to Jim’s constraints.

Jim and Kim are great people and have just the right amount of love and knowledge to consistently bring about Giant Schnauzers who exceed all expectations! I have seen both Jim and Kim in the ring and traveling with their dogs. They love their Giants. It pains me that Kristen would stoop so low as to fabricate when she has so misrepresented what it means to be a breeder.

One last thing. I had friends and clients that laughed when I told them I was buying a Giant guaranteed to champion. Kristine scoffed and laughed saying that was an impossible guarantee. At six months Bentley Took first place best-of-breed and second place best of show in Missouri.

Neither one of us had ever been to a dog show or seen a dog show. Jim’s Giants are the best. The proof is in the beautiful friendship Bentley so cheerfully gives to his family every day.

Please call me at 513-404-**** if you would like the full story in more detail. I have all

@PissedConsumer1666250

thank God for Jim and Kim.

#1501969

#1501963

this is jim hatten of hatten's giant schnauzers, it appears the person that posted this complaint is kristina jordan of jordan family treasures? i found this out by clicking the link at the bottom of the post.

"Review #120**** is a subjective opinion of PertinentFossa", it says perinentfossa is jordan family treasures. they were never a buyer of a puppy from me...NEVER! she has never seen my puppies, how they are housed, or even been to my house. i have never seen her, or her dogs at a show, or anywhere ever that i am aware of.

i dont know what she is doing, but apparently maliciously smearing my name so she can sell puppies?

so all the things she says of illness, or lack of sanitary living conditions of my puppies is simply a flat out LIE! i think she should look up the definition of libel?

View more comments (4)
ID
#1205586 Review #1205586 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article