Verified Reviewer

The Manager's Ghosted Me

Update by user Mar 17, 2021

Michael from Hasslers contacted me to tell me she was very disappointed in me. She asked me to remove my review on Facebook and told me she would be meeting with a lawyer.

I checked the office and it is still closed and has the same numbers on the door. One has no voicemail set up and the other was no answer, no call back.

I can't imagine what people in the park do if there is a problem The managers are completely missing in action. And...they still have my $35.

Original review posted by user Feb 02, 2021
I recently applied for a year round site in a small (10 sites) RV park on Ironwood in Quartzsite AZ. The park is managed by Hassler's RV Park. The experience was a nightmare. I called Ironwood RV Park but the owner told me the park I was looking at is next to his. I couldnt find the manager. A park resident told me to go the Hasslers RV Park and talk to the managers there. Michael (a woman, cute name by the way) seemed excited to find I wanted to be a year round resident. She told me they wanted that park to be all year round rentals. She gave me paperwork which I turned in along with the required $35 application fee. We seemed to get along great and she suggested I send in a resume to apply to become the onsite manager for the park. Then she disappeared. I did see her a couple of times after that but she stopped answering her phone and they stopped staffing the Hasslers office. Her number was posted on the door but she would not answer it or return my calls. A resident in the park I was looking at suggested I go to the Crawford RV Park. This company owns several parks in town. That office was also closed but had a different number on the door. I called and George answered. I explained what I was trying to do and he suggested we meet to discuss it. He told me to call him the morning of the meeting and he would look at my resume. He also ghosted me. He didnt answer the phone and his voice mail was not set up. I called on the hour all day. So I decided I didnt want to live in a park where the managers are unreachable. I sent an email notifying them I was withdrawing my application. They didnt call or email me back, but wouldnt you know it, they cashed my $35 check that very day.

User's recommendation: You can't count on these managers to respond to your needs There are many parks where the managers are onsite everyday. I recommend you do your homework.

ID
Loss
Preferred solution
I will post an update if the company, not these managers reach out to me. They can keep the $35 application fee which they were so petty as to cash after they refused to return my calls.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article