Harvey Building Products Reviews

Show reviews that mention
harvey door harvey rep factory paint contact home doors paint job factory star
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Stay away

Update by user Mar 23, 2020

Update:One month, and still waiting for them to "get back to me".It's like playing badminton. You send them something; they send it back without actually doing anything. Talk is cheap.

Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2020
Theyre OK until theyre Not. We outfitted our new construction cottage with Harvey Products thru a local contractor; windows, doors, siding etc. We visited their showroom in Berlin CT, and they were mostly helpful. Long-story-short, one of the exterior doors leaked badly at the lower corners on both sides. Its a Therma-Tru door slab, but Harvey manufactured and fitted the frame. The Harvey Rep said that the problem was improper installation, so it was replaced by our contractor under the Harvey Reps supervision. The second door also leaked in the same two places, so it wasnt the installation. Harvey has been doing a dance ever since. The contact person is either in a meeting or on a conference call. After repeated calls she begs off, and has to take it up with the New Hampshire field office. Total run-around. Harvey is an OK supplier, until you have a problem. When that happens, they dont want to know. Ive read that they used to be a pretty good company until they got bought out. Consider yourself warned.
#1932508

Agreed. We have had a terrible experience.

$1000 lost on new construction windows that were replaced by Harvey due to manufacturing defect, but we had to pay for the removed and reinstallation. We haven't moved in yet. Harvey inspector said the defect would be hard to spot during installation so it wasn't the contractor's fault. We also had a warped Therma-Tru door which had to be replaced.

The warp was so bad, they couldn't complain. We were disappointed in the dealer as he wouldn't even come to look at it and just said, "those doors don't warp." At least the Harvey inspector agreed that the product was warped and shared that it happens.

Berlin, Connecticut
Service
Harvey Building Products Installation
Pros
  • Try miner lumber instead
Cons
  • Poor complain resolution
Loss
Price reduction

Not very good patio doors

I have 3 harvey patio doors and every time there is rain with a little wind water ends up inside the door. The doors are energy star rated but you can feel the wind blowing in around the panels & the jam.

Hello EminentPika542, We would be happy to help you with your inquiry. If you could, please email us at wecare@***.com with your contact information.

We will have our customer service team to reach out to you to help you with this situation. Thank you.

Harvey Building Products Door
Let the company propose a solution

Not getting any results for receiving astragal from JULY 3

have been on the phone numerous times over past 2 months and and they keep running me around.CAN SOMEONE HELP ME THERE?

Hello TruthfulAlligator522, We would be happy to help you with your inquiry. If you could, please email us at wecare@***.com with your contact information and a brief description of your situation.

We will be able to look into this further. Thank you.

Auburn, Massachusetts
Pros
  • Usually good service
Cons
  • Not this time
Order processing issue
Let the company propose a solution

Badwindow black mold inside. No return call

Harvey Building Products - Badwindow black mold inside. No return call
Your windows filled with water and you dont return are calls not to mention the black mold inside

Hello-- We are very sorry to hear about your bad experience. We want to help you get a resolution.

If you could, please email us at wecare@***.com, with a photo of your warranty label and your contact information. We will have our Customer Service Manager reach out to you to discuss your situation.

Warranty labels can be found in the window header under the top sash. To release the top sash, unlock the window and pull the top sash down.

Wendell Depot, Massachusetts
Damaged or defective

Don’t buy Harvey Windows!!

I installed 29 Harvey Windows in my home and for a few years they were fine. Then moisture began appearing between the “sealed” panes. I contacted the company and was told i was out of warranty. OK, my question is why spend thousands of dollars on replacement windows that only last a few years? Shouldn’t high quality windows last at least 10 years? I had Anderson windows in a previous home and they were fine after the 15 years I lived there. If I had it to do over again I would have replace my windows with either Pella or Anderson. Don’t buy Harvey!

Hello-- We are very sorry that you did not have a good experience when you reached out to us. We would like to help and understand more about your situation.

If you could reach out to us at customercare@***.com with your contact information and the name of the person you spoke with when you contacted Harvey, if you have it, we will have our customer service manager reach out to you directly. Thank you.

Woburn, Massachusetts
Harvey Building Products Window
Cons
  • Warrenty

Wouldn’t recommend Harvey windows doors or products

I had Harvey windows installed in my house recently in addition to a new 8 thousand dollar therma-tru door that was also stained in their manufacturing plant. I have had nothing but problems with my windows, and the lack of quality of the factory stain. I have reached out to their “field service team” with no help whatsoever. My door stain is flaking off and More than half my windows have issues from the balances right down to The windows sash’s not operating properly. They are crooks and I would never buy from them again. I would not wish this kind of heartache and rip off to my worst enemy. STAY AWAY FROM HARVEY WINDOWS AND DOORS THEY ARE POORLY MANUFACTURED AND FROM THE SOUNDS OF THINGS ITS BEEN GETTING WORSE NOT BETTER

We have not been able to identify or locate a complaint similar to what you described. Please email our social media account, socialmedia@***.com, with your information so we can help you get your concerns addressed.

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience. We have sent this information to our customer service department.

Please email us at socialmedia@***.com with your contact information so we can assist you better. Thank you.

Bad quality

Harvey windows terrible staining. compan won't replace

Harvey Building Products - Harvey windows terrible staining.  compan won't replace
Harvey so-called lifetime warranty untrue. Be careful. I bought 30 or more windows in 2003 and within the first couple years several showed serious staining between the glass panes and they had to be replaced. This has happened again and now I am told they only pay 50% after the windows are 10 years old. In other words these windows suck and they are only expected to last 10 years. So why bother getting replacement windows? And what about the labor of installing them twice I paid the first time and now I have to pay a second time and then the company expects me to pay 50% of the new retail price. I told them this is a manufacturing defect in the window should last more than 10 years and they claim that there are many reasons the windows can have staining other than manufacturing. Well I would like to know what. I have worked in real estate for 20 years and I feel stupid to be duped by this company. I certainly will not recommend this company and will spread the word to everyone I know including real estate rehabbers flippers and investors. I just checked out consumer reports and they raped the cheaper Craftsman window is a better product

Harvey Building products is a custom manufacturer with a diverse mix of product offerings, each with their own unique warranty coverage. Some of our products manufactured during the specific time frame you mention were covered by a 20-year prorated glass warranty, which means that the first 10 years are covered at 100%, years 11-15 are covered at 50%, and years 16-20 are covered at 25%.

It appears your specific claim concerns a seal failure as you describe “staining” between the glass of your windows. A seal failure event is not always a manufacture related cause and there are many other factors that can contribute to it. Proper window maintenance is critical to ensure your window maintains its peak performance. Harvey warranties are strong in that we cover a seal failure event regardless of the cause during the covered warranty time period.

If you’d like to discuss your specific warranty concern or situation further you can reach out to Nino Chiola our Field Service Manager.

He can be reached at 603-216-****. He would be happy to review your specific warranty coverage and claim.

@PissedConsumer1371374

Typical run around. If you think your new windows that's you pay $30,000 or more for should last as long as the paint job on your house go ahead and buy Harvey windows and then get a run around when it's time for the guarantee.

Of course it's a manufacturing defect when stains and other problems appear between the window panes. These are supposed to be filled with argon gas to make them more energy efficient. And you pay a premium for that.

I should have kept my wood Windows it would have been cheaper and I would not have to deal with a dishonest company like this. Buyer beware!

Waltham, Massachusetts
Warranty issue

I have written review

I have written an accurate and ttue review . Not scam site. No results but I did not expect any. Once again the piece of *** company does not care. HARVEY WINDOWS SUCKS! ( sorry for language) again they said they would send parts so I could fix 30+ windows 30% broken. Don't every try to clean them..One fell out ( not home) and smash on floor,glass everywhere and dented hardwood sill and floor. They could not give a s)$!. NEVER BUY THEM FROM, THEY SUCK!!( plus they sent screws not rivets to fix.) This is the truth ..as a Christian a am telling the truth.

I understood what he said in his review

Jesus H. Christ dude, at least learn to communicate in ENGLISH so people know what the *** you're saying. Your gibberish message helps NO ONE and makes you look like an ***.

32 bad windows

I have 32 windows in my new home. They are complete trash. I have been in contact with Harvey since the second year when they started to snap when flipping in to clean. Now the whole windows are breaking. Screens falling out. They have sent multiple wrong windows, parts. The other day a window fell out in the wind and dented my floor. Lucky no one was under the window. We have called at least 8-10 times to ask someone to come look at these windows . They refuse. NEVER BUY THESE WINDOWS!!!! They are they worst I have ever had!!!

Good morning, Daphnejac1 - We are very sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Harvey windows. Our limited lifetime warranty covers replacement parts that we could send to you at no charge, and are relatively simple to replace.

We also have videos available to guide the process.

If you would contact our Field Service department at 1-80*-***-**** they should be able to help you. Thank you.

@PissedConsumer1344747

Who is going to replace my hardwood floor?? Broken glass everywhere!

This is not a parts issue this is a bad quality issue. Pieces just fall off. I have talked to multiple people...no one will help unless I pay!? Wish I got Anderson ..

we spent tens of thousands., this was new construction.

How sad u will not send a rep. After MULTIPLE broken windows..

Factory Painting of Therma-Tru Smooth Star Door

Buyer Beware: I just purchased and had installed a Therma-Tru Smooth Star front entry door which was pre-finished with a clay color by Harvey Building Products. I had my house painted a month after the door was installed and during the power washing my door turned a pinkish color. This front door is in intense heat during most of the day and I believe that this may have been part of the reason the door changed color. I am disappointed and frustrated that I received no customer service from Harvey concerning the painting. My installer contacted the Harvey rep and they won't come out-they blame it on the painter. I paid good money to have this door pre-painted because I thought that the paint would last, not fade, etc. I'm sure we are not the first house that was power washed with a pre-finished painted door. Nothing else faded on my house after washing it, just the door. I was hoping for a little compensation, an "I'm sorry this happened...", something to make me feel better, but right now I'm just bitter. I will be sure to tell all my friends what happened to the door and to beware... When I posted on their Facebook page: DISAPPOINTMENT & FRUSTRATION: Harvey really doesn’t care about the consumer. After being in contact with a Harvey rep, who then contacted my painter, it seems that Harvey is lucky my painter took full blame. My painter wanted to finish the job and he took the fall so that he could finish the painting job at my house and make me HAPPY (That is customer service). This therefore led to Harvey washing their hands of the issue. They raised their hands and claimed it’s not their fault-- your painter took full blame. I barely got a sorry after I asked for it. I am now out several hundred dollars for a job that I truly feel was not properly done. I thought I deserved at least a partial refund on the factory paint job. I spoke with the wonderful gentleman that did the actual repainting of the door, and he felt that the factory paint job was thinned out. The Harvey rep just didn’t want to understand my frustration. I want to make sure that any consumer who buys a door from Harvey and has them factory paint it to beware. DON’T DO IT! I basically got nowhere with Harvey and am truly disappointed. All the rep did was get me more upset and angry and made me even more sorry that I had them factory paint the door. (He couldn't even get my name right on the last message I received.) I am even going to tell my door installer not to recommend the factory painting I'm still bothered that they didn't understand how disappointed I was that the paint job did not live up to my expectations. Any consumer would be. I paid a lot of money for nothing. I am out hundreds of dollars and still not happy.
#1020981

Seriously? Why would you ever power wash a painted product and not expect it to effect the finish?

How is it Harvey's fault?

This is one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard. Take responsibility for your own bad decision to POWER WASH a painted door.

It's like blaming FORD for an acorn falling on your hood and making a dent.

grab a gallon of paint and a paint brush you whiner--everybody knows you do not pressure wash any item that was recently painted or stained

@PissedConsumer710516

The name of this sight is "Pissed Consumer". You better check somewhere else for a rave review.

Please see our previous response regarding this issue on our Facebook page: HarveyBuildingProducts

View more comments (4)
Hartford, Connecticut

Brands Related to Harvey Building Products

logo

Harvey Windows

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article