Promise program is a hoax

You can't get in to the Promise Program is you are undocumented. It doesn't matter if you are DACA with a 4.0. That is BS.

I used to go to Harper. I live and work in district now and have a 14 year old who will be in college in a few years from now.

I agree with what you wrote. I follow stuff at Harper because my kid might go there one day plus my neighbor works PT there. So I know there is a lot of lip service about diversity at Harper. It is BS.

The Old President Ender is your typical bloated burp rat. He used to talk a good game but was another politician type.

He was not credible. There is a new president lets hope she is better could not be worse.

Not as described/ advertised

Duping people

My mom and dad wanted me to go to harper on promise. Thank gd I got into another college and will go there instead. Promise is a good idea but the guy at harper who runs it is clueless. Harper not impressed at all.
Palatine, Illinois
Pros
  • Teachers
  • Close to home
Cons
  • Sterile and corporate
  • Poorly run
Bad quality

Harper College fell apart

This has become a joke of a college. Disability service, athletics, the registrar and many at Harper is a total mess. No one cares but maybe the teachers. I want my $$$$ back!

It's become a really *** workplace, too. HR looks the other way and is not interested in employees.

Administration is out of touch.

No one here is happy. I left a few months ago and work at another college where it is much better.

I think the Registrar and One Stop area are bad too. They are not organized.

They should give the athletes their moneys back. This place sux.

Also had a very bad experience here with Financial Aid and the Bookstore. This is not a good school to go to if you are a Veteran. They don’t get how to work with us.

@PissedConsumer1710484

the food service is awful here too. i had a complant and they pretty much oftnoed me. I am a veteran too.

Harper has fallen apart. The Board of Trustees are so out of touch with reality (and, with students), that they gave Ken Ender $45,000 as a bonus before his retirement.

Ender was incompetent leadership at its best. It is shocking that these things are happening in Higher Education.

I am appalled. I believe the quality of education is good, but will not send my children to Harper.

View more comments (5)
Palatine, Illinois
Pros
  • Teachers
Cons
  • Athletics
Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution

Used to be great now less than mediocre