Bait and Switch/Royally ripped off!

We purchased a power lift chair from this store on May 24, 2014...one week before my husband's scheduled hip-replacement surgery. The chair we purchased was a large, man-sized chair for people up to 275 lbs. When it was delivered, it was defective. A lift chair that doesn't lift is an expensive piece of junk. We were told a new brain box would be delivered on "Monday or Tuesday." Monday & Tuesday passed without the part. They brought it Wednesday, June 4 (the day BEFORE my husband's surgery) and the new part was also defective. We paid over $900 for a useless chair. They said they would go to their other store & replace our chair with a "slightly" smaller chair and refunded my husband $150. The replacement chair was not "slightly" smaller, it was ridiculously smaller...also labeled "Petite Lift Recliner" for a person up to 250 lbs. We paid for a chair for a man that included heat and massage. The replacement chair was not only a fraction of the size, it did NOT have heat and massage & was certainly worth much less than the $150 refund they gave. That replacement chair was delivered at approximately 8:00PM on Wednesday night. We had to be at the hospital for his surgery at 5:30 AM Thursday morning, so there was no time to go out shopping at another business. On the way to the hospital, my husband asked me to call Harns Furniture and tell them that we are not happy with their idea of a replacement chair for the one we paid for & to have them take it back and credit our charge card the proper amount due. I called the store from the family waiting room while my husband was in surgery. Not only was the store owner incredibly rude, he LAUGHED at me when I told him I have already contacted the Better Business Bureau. I did ask him if it was standard practice there to be deceptive and rude. Needless to say, he would not make the situation right.

just to be clear this is SPENCER Harn's Furniture located in SPENCER WI.

I was furniture store exasperated when I walked into Harns. I made the loop and sat down.

When sitting in the chair I realized I was sitting in the chair I was looking for and as I was sitting there I saw the frame model. I was impressed. It was all maple with plywood corner reinforced and it was heavily glued and stapled. I started talking to Tami and I learned that Bench Craft is Wisconsin made in Kaukauna, They use Wisconsin maple and the cushion springs are modeled after the car industry.

I was told that the company will upgrade the cushions to rubber which is awesome. My wife was not ready so we left. Being a retired policeman, I ran Bench Craft on the Better business Bureau. No complaints.

I emailed the company and gave them my height and weight and asked them for suggestions for a chair. I was emailed by the owners daughter who suggested a chair and suggested that when they make it they can upgrade the cushion to rubber and add more springs. She stated she would contact Harns with their suggestion. I ordered the chair with the upgrades.

The back cushions on the chair I ordered have zippers and you can add filling as needed. I just got my couch with the cushion upgrades and am very impressed. Deliver was very reasonable compared to Furniture stores in my home town. Milo does most of the deliveries.

Both Tami and Milo share exuberant speech but its honest and caring. They tell it the way it is and back it 100%. Prior to my purchase I searched the net and was surprised to learn that lazy Boy and Lane are landfill furniture. Flex Steel and even the company that makes the catnapper is not well rated.

I tried two catnapper chairs at Furniture and appliance. One chair when lowered just dropped all of a sudden so I tried another one and it lowered unevenly from one side to the other. That said enough about the quality.

I think the name of the furniture is Franklin I should mention another thing the seat cushions are covered on both sides. Take it from someone who does his research.

@PissedConsumer845031

Best Craft is bench built furniture which means one person at the factory is responsible for all of the components (fabric, foam, frame etc.) coming together in one location to make the finished product. In other words this is NOT assembly line built furniture.

Best Craft is made in Kaukauna WI.

bestcraftfurniture.com

View more comments (2)
ID
Spencer, Wisconsin
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article