Handyman Mom Remodeling Work Review from Garland, Texas

Deborah Skinner should be ashamed for playing the Christian company card with her customers. Her focus is on bleeding you of your hard earned money. She did nor provide written bids,in fact her quoted price on a job always was over budget. She once did a bid for me that was 4 times what anyone else charged and she never even visited my house to see the project. She had her son do some work and he constantly made mistakes. Locks were installed incorrectly. She would claim they used galvanized nails when they did not and there would be bleeding through the paint. Pink nail dots everywhere. Anything she and her crew did had to be redone. I would run in the opposite direction if you hear her or any of her business names.

I used her and she was great

ID
Garland, Texas
Reason of review
Pricing issue

Black Mold

We are renting a house and have a mold problem. The landlord will not do anything to help us. My wife has an autoimmune problem and it was making her very sick. We called in an independent Mold expert and he advised us to move immediately. My wife's doctor said the same. We did. We are paying rent for both the house and the apartment we moved to. The landlord tried to evict us last month but we had already paid the rent so he lost. Now he is trying to evict us again. This has been going on for 7 months. My wife is a wreck. I guess we are going to have to pay for the cleanup or move. Everything we own has been contaminated. We've been told that our couches, mattresses, box springs, etc will have to be thrown away. We don't want to sue, all we want is for the landlord to help with the expenses. We are out several thousand dollars so far. If we move and don't remediate the mold damage, he will just rent to someone else and they will get sick. This is not right. We want him to do the right thing. No government agencies want to help. We cannot afford a lawyer. We are not poor but we don't have money to throw around. If we have to fix the mold problem or move we will have to cash in most of our our retirement. Our grand children cannot even visit. We just want the landlord to do the right thing. Please help us.

Sloppy work, bid projects without visiting site, go way over their quotes if you can get one and try, just try, to get documentation from them. Deborah can preach her christian values all she wants, but when push comes to shove the quality of their work is a joke and they've done more damage to our property than they did good. Christian values my ***, they are ripping off homeowners big time!

Sir I remember you and your wife very well. and I am sorry that Rick did those things to you, but that being said.

HandyManMom is in NO WAY responsible for that problem! you mention our compay name in a rant that has nothing to do with our company! Why you would go thru this trouble? we worked a 13 hour day at your home and gave you a very beautiful backsplash, which because it was thru a 3rd party we recieved little pay.

We specialize in Remodel not mold! and we are dang good at what we do! this is insulting and I would appricate you to remove your post. Also and most important I pray that your family will recieve a blessing and your finaces restored 7 fold.

as well as helth and long life. My God Bless you

Sorry ti hear about your wife. My wife and I went through the same problem in our old apartment.

The landlord didn't care even though there was a huge patches of mold all over from the roof not being properly repaire. I had auto immune problems and my wife developed respiratory problems. We cancelled our lease and moved. Our landlord wanted us to pay for damages to the rugs although it was their roof that caved in and caused water damage to our rugs.

We ended up getting a lawyer because we had both been shafted enough.

We have lived in another place for over a year and we both are doing 100% better. Sometimes you need to get an attorney.

View more comments (2)
ID
Dallas, Texas

About

Summary

If you're in need of Handyman Services in Garland TX, then you need to call Handyman Mom. They offer Tile Repair, Flooring and more. Call today to learn more. PH: ...

Handyman Mom reviews and complaints

Handyman Mom is ranked 430 out of 1717 in Construction and Repair category

Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article