Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Handyman Goldigger

Do Not-hire this company. You will be wasting your money and your time. I got a card from him that says free estimates and 100% satisfaction guaranteed-he honors neither. Even his business card is misspelled-very telling of his work and of the person. He put up a shower massage for me and tested it aiming it right at himself. No surprise he got soaked-but so did my floor. He dried himself off-but not my floor. He could have caused me serious injury-but not his problem. Then he told me his few minutes of work would be $75. I asked him why he did not tell me this before doing such a small job so I could have right of refusal. His card did say after all, that estimates were free-but he did not provide one. I thought maybe since the job was small, the price would be small too-but he just took advantage of the situation. I am disabled and on a fixed budget and when I asked him why it was so extremely high for so little work-he just said it was his minimum price-1 minute to 1 hour was $75 no matter what. It did not say this on his card or contract-sneaky. I paid him just to get out of my house-a person this sneaky-who knows what else he might do. I complained to the BBB-and told them of Satisfaction Guaranteed and how he does not honor that either. He is not a member of the BBB and hopefully never will be. He is not a person of honor and his work is not quality-I have already had to replace the shower massage as he installed it wrong and damaged it, just a couple of months after he put it in. Save your money and don't waste your time on this guy-you will regret it.
#1198015

Still not resolved. He is too greedy and must be desperate for money, that is why he is always available-use him once and nobody wants him back after his poor workmanship and extremely high prices.

ID
Cleveland, Ohio
Cons
  • Questionable pricing
  • Left a mess
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised

Verified Reviewer
Advanced Reviewer

Disgraceful Handyman

Update by user May 26, 2016

His prior job was a per job price-he has NEVER said he had a minimum charge until after the second job he did which was very small and only took 10 min of his time and he only had to travel one city. He must be desperate for money to charge like this.

Original review posted by user May 25, 2016
I hired Handyman Home Services last year to repair my fence. His price seemed fair and the work satisfactory. He asked me to put a positive review online-I did. I regret greatly this decision. I had him back just a couple of months ago just to put a shower massage. This man charged me $75.00 He did not tell me in advance so that I would have the right of refusal. That charge is just obscene-but then consider the man behind it. No concience - no concern for repeat business. I am disabled and on a fixed income-he knew this and ripped me off anyway. Before my strokes I would have installed this myself, but can't anymore. Most quality handymen would have charged a minimal fee or none at all. He left the bathroom floor all wet which could have caused me futher damage. He clearly does NOT care about the quality of his work or his customers. He is the kind of rip off artist you see on the nightly news. Keep watch-maybe you will. If you have been ripped off by this low class person-I encourage you to post reviews on every website you can. Warn others-Do Not hire Handyman Home Services of Parma, OH

As of this date 6/24/16 he has done nothing to right his wrong. I have had to hire another handyman to replace the shower massage as this clown put it in with the washer crooked and bent which damaged that shower massage.

He could not even make sure the washer was level before he installed-this is what he calls knowledge and experience-why he charges so much.

All I can do is continue to spread the word not to hire this company or Denis-the employee that has this alleged great expertise-but only in his mind. Don't waste your money-you deserve better.

ID
Cleveland, Ohio
Cons
  • I was robbed
  • Sneaky fees
  • Left a mess
Reason of review
Service/price ridiculous
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article