Handepay Reviews

Show reviews that mention
merchant rentals contract merchant rentals business letter notice kind contracts scam
Filter review

I made a huge mistake

I would not trust Merchant Rentals. The staff were lovely on the phone but I was surprised to find out that after having my terminal for years I was trapped in some kind of automatic renewal. I have had to give up working for heath reasons and this is financially crippling. I explained to them that I needed to end my contract and why. They were not very helpful with me and I had to pay 7 months rental to escape. All well and good but when I am not working it is literally emotionally and physically going to affect me. With this auto renewing contract that the sales rep all those years ago failed to explain to me and my current bad health I do not have the strength or mental ability to argue, but please be very careful. Thanks to the staff for kind words, but sorry I could not recommend Merchant Rentals.
Reading, England
Service
Handepay Card Machine Rental

Handypay

Please knowbody go with these cowboys. U have to give 12 months notice to terminate your contract. Yes 12 Months. Or u will end up with a massive bill. They have no customer loyalty. And even the littlest thing they can't do right!!!!
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Merchant Services Machine Rental Scam

Stay away from Merchant Rentals and Handepay! Signed up with Handepay but machine belongs to Merchant Rentals. My shop has closed down and I returned termiinal in working order having given 3 months notice. They still insist I have to pay another 4 months rental til the end of the contract period. Recieved letter this morning threatening to take back terminal (which they already recieved) and saying because I have not paid Aprils installement they have added an extra £54. (Get that?! a photocopied letter costs £54) Unless I pay £150.12 now and continue with the instalments (for a machine I have returned in working order) they will take me to court. PS Handepay no problems with ending contract and Wolr Pay service no problems ... so no excuses for Merchant Services!
Service
Handepay Card Machine Rental
Pricing issue

STAY AWAY FROM HANDEPAY

I was grateful to come to the end of the 3year contract and when I tried to cancel they said that they had automatically renewed it for another year and that I would have to pay remaining 10 months! Apparently to cancel in November 2017 I will now have to give notice by August 2017. I called up the office and was told that I have to pay the remaining payments even though I have sold my business and the premises is empty; the dont use clear language in their emails an deliberately hide these things in thousand of terms and conditions in the small print. Please Be aware. They are a rip off company, stay away.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Handepay Account Review from Worcester, Worcestershire

We took out a contract with them on the understanding that the business would be sold in the following year as we were retiring. We were assured by their rep that this was fine and not an issue. On returning the terminals upon our retirement and cancelling the services they have demanded (or Merchant Rentals who incidentally are the same company) 3 further years payments under the threat of legal action. Our barrister has picked there contracts apart as they are very unfair and legally indefensible but they persist in their threats. This is a mickey-mouse company who are just scammers and should be avoided at all costs.
Worcester, Worcestershire
Product
Handepay Account
Problems with payment

Handepay & Merchant Rentals Contract Scam

Just a warning as I've fallen foul of a handepay / Merchant Rentals contract !! Anyway, I signed a 36 month contract - no probs there as I knew that was the term although a bit worried as a new business and 3 years was a long time - this expired in January this year. I Duly sent in written request to cancel contract only to receive a very curt letter back advising me that the contract had extended for a further 2 years because I didn't give notice 12 months before the expiry of the 36 months that I wanted to cancel!!! Firstly, I didn't know at 24 months that I'd not want it to continue so I wouldn't have given notice at that point. whilst the salesman was very specific about the 36 month term, there was absolutely no mention of this ridiculous "on the dot, 12 months in advance" notice period, nor the 2 year enforced extension to the contract. The upshot is they want £600 from me to return the *** thing to them - money I don't have as business is poor. now - they won't budge on the contract and trading standard tell me that whilst they agree the contract is unfair and unreasonable, as a business-to-business contract I do not have ANY protection in law against this kind of thing! Anyone, any ideas or advice (apart from *** the bullet and never trust a salesman), and why is there no protection for business contracts, no wonder so many small businesses go under !!

Stay away from Merchant Rentals and Handepay!

Signed up with Handepay but machine belongs to Merchant Rentals.

My shop has closed down and I returned terminal in working order having given 3 months notice.

Hannah Owen who I have been dealing with say HandePay and Merchant Services are not related ... which we as all know is a complete lie.

Nichola Penny and Simon Pratt were having sexual relations when working for Handegay.

The extended notice period will be thrown out by Financial Ombudsman. I have challenged and beaten them twice.

Give one months notice

Make formal complaint to Merchant Rentals - they have to respond within 28 days

If they do not concede, complain to Financial Ombudsman on basis that extended notice period is onerous and wasn't specifically explained/highlighted at the time.

Ombudsman will award to you, as they have on many occassions and twice for me

Handepay and Merchants Rentals are owned by the same directors!! Ive just got through the forced extension period and they only tried to put on another year !!

and now today they say they havent received my terminal back, luckily i sent it recorded to their head office - they say i should have sent it to another company?? why would i do that??

now they want £397.20 in 7 days or they will start legal precedings. I tried the toothless ombudsman and the business secretary Vince Cable - no luck - there is however a very good reply to my post on business start ups - which if your brave enough you could try, wish i had.

View more comments (3)
Problem with delivery

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article