Worst Experience

I do not recommend this school. There is an unwillingness to help. The instructors are unwilling to help and e tremely rude. You are on your own with absolutely no help

Not a good school

It is way overpricex and heads up, after you graduate youll be lucky to land an aviation job cleaning out a *** tank on a 747 for 9 an hour with that fancy 36k degree. What a joke, hes absolutely right. You will not learn a single thing about working on aircraft at this school. Not only do they get you with the tuition and student loans, but they make you pay while your in and the lady in financial aid might be legally retarded, seriously. The va says they accept gi bill, but the lady is so retarded she didbt even know how to submit the paper work, i paid out of pocket for some thing that was supposed to be free. That place is garbage. 15 years later and i finally paid off those loans and thanks to them being retarded i still have 30k for college so i can get a real degree that i can do something with. I still owe hallmark itself like 1500, like i said they somehow managed to still charge me every month.ontop of the loans, arent loans so you dont have to pay while your in school? This place is do dirty, they arent getting another cent, i dont need my transcript released because nobody even cares about that pos degree.

So true

robert d Ubc
map-marker San Antonio, Texas

One Of the Best Vocational Programs in Texas!

I attended Hallmark immediately after leaving the Navy in March of 2017. Since then I have gone on to receive a Power Plant License from the FAA to work on aircraft engines as well as two Associate of Applied Science degrees in Air Frame and Power Plant Technology. The Career Services Staff (specifically Mr. Rick Nicosia and Mrs. Kathleen Benavides) have also gotten me in touch with a very credible company which has offered me a position to start in early August as an intermediate level mechanic. I don't usually write reviews, and if I do feel compelled to write anything of criticism it's usually always pessimistic. However, I feel like I can't say anything negative about my experience while attending this program (other than the level of immaturity among my fellow students). The staff was always there to address any issue I had and provided me with extra instruction that helped me earn my license. You have to keep in mind, though, that most of the time and hard work invested into the program was 99% OF MY OWN! If you seriously want to start a career and are willing to make this a key focus, including dedicating time after school to make sure you STUDY and maintain an excellent GPA and attendance record, then Hallmark is definitely a viable option for you!
Pros:
  • Level of commitment from the staff
Cons:
  • Childish attitude of fellow students
Good quality
Raekwon Iyf

The review this gentleman gave I believe is untrue. I attended this school directly after 9/11 in 2002.

After almost $20,000 in loans and working my little tail off for 13 months I was still unable to graduate because I owe them a $1,000 at the time and I didn't have it by time I paid it I done forgotten everything and couldn't afford it past the FAA exam. This school is a waste of time and money and it is day I'm still paying on those damn student loans.

Marlie Oyk

This doesn’t seem like a legitimate review.

View more comments (1)

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME

I was in the RN program at Hallmark. The teachers are awful and do not effectively teach the content. You fork out $30,000+ for nothing. They basically get paid just to show up, meanwhile you do THEIR job for them and have to teach yourself everything. Oh, and if you try to discuss this with the Director of the Nursing Program, he'll give you some BS about how he went to nursing school and taught himself everything he knew, simply by reading textbooks. And if you happen to not pass the program and get terminated, your credits won't be accepted anywhere! You'll have to start from scratch and pile up more debt. I had to learn this the hard way.
Guest

i graduated from Hallmark University's RN program and had no issues. Honestly you have to put in a lot of effort and time and blood sweat and tears.

If you don't then that is why you are not able to pass. Also some people just can't do it and that is why there are programs like LVN and CNA. Not everyone is capable of being a nurse. I saw many students in this program that were successful and also saw many that were not.

If you fail then you will be terminated from any nursing program.

Also if you try to apply into another program, there is no guarantee that your credits will be accepted. many times they won't.

Hallmark University is a ***

You made a decision to check Hallmark’s reviews before you plop- down $36,000.00 on an education? Lucky you.

If you are thinking about Aeronautics and you open their page, the first thing you will see is a lie. The aircraft that the students have their hands in, does not belong to Hallmark and is nothing like anything they have for instruction in the program. If you walk in the hangars, you’ll think you’re in a museum. The jet engines in the foreground are obsolete, missing parts, mostly seized- up, taking up space and there to fill the void with something.

The prop engines they use for instruction are at least 40+ year old 6 cylinder engines. Old, ugly and obsolete. Right now they are conning the students into working on a 70’s model prop plane that the hangar manager Mark Lewis drug in from out in a field with the rest of his hillbilly junk. So far, the plane has been torn down, and is all junk.

Despite that, this latest president decided to budget $10K to paint it up for motivation. It’s been sitting there for a year. It will never be assembled and will certainly never run. All equipment hasn’t been updated or renewed in what looks like 20+ years.

Oh yeah, I’m sure the industry really wants this kind of *** out there and is why, if students do get a job, they’re so far behind the curve that they lose the job while others from the other colleges get on. The 727 they boast about is something else there for filler and is just for show-and-tell. Hallmark sells itself on being one of the only facilities on an airport. So.

Nothing Hallmark does has any business on an airfield; just selling the atmosphere as being legit. Ask the instructors about their aircraft experience. They have none and almost all were just students - in a constant turnover rate. Hallmark lies to the students to get them in, and to all the employees that have come and gone.

Since 2010....., 3 presidents, 6 directors of education, approximately 30 in Student Services, 4 hangar managers, 10 admissions reps, 8 financial aids, and all instructors at least 3 times over. Unethical. The CEO Fisher gave up and brought in Gregsen to help bail out this sinking ship. Enrollment has continuously gone down, (only 11 student starts last quarter) the college is heavier in debt, the atmosphere has gone cold and Gregsen blames others for his ineptitude.

Gregsen knows nothing about the “business” and especially about people. Gregsen creates all these new top positions and furthers the gap between the real (and were) dedicated personnel and then cuts off all forms of communication. Gregsen has brought this college into even more turmoil, and it is crumbling fast - as Hallmark had to drop yet another program from the other campus on I-10. These are salesmen and not educators and I would suggest checking reviews on other sites such as birdeye.com.

, particularly the comments posted by Will F, AJ, Matt A, Chris, Firelion, Harris and others. “Graduates” rarely get jobs and credits will not be accepted in other colleges despite what Hallmark claims with their manipulated numbers. Anyone can color the charts in to sell their product as with Hallmark, but the facts are on display as soon as you walk in the door. Ask around.

It appears Hallmark is broke and going out of business and the other campus is just dragging them down harder. Joe Fisher and Donald Gregsen are fighting tooth and nail to save their exorbitant salaries; and not the college or anyone else. Sounds harsh but I have seen it first-hand and have always felt bad about the ***. These young people come in, hoping for a future and go into debt on an extreme amount of money thinking Hallmark will be the answer.

Those who end up coming on see what they’ve gotten into, want to quit, but are so brain-washed thinking this is the only thing and are led to believe that they are failures if they decide to leave. A total deception - all in the name of the bottom line. If you are looking for an education in aeronautics, check in on St. Phillips, the Alamo Colleges or elsewhere and really do yourself a favor in what will more than likely affect the rest of your life, hopefully, in a positive way.

I have talked with graduates from St. Phillips that are doing well - and who paid a lot less.

They also got a real Education. No lies here.

Raekwon Iyf

I couldn't have said it better myself. That is the best comment most truthful comment I have ever read in my life.

Guest

As I’ve been looking around for reviews over this university, I’ve found that most bad reviews are from students without any prior experience working on aircraft and complaining that they aren’t understanding the curriculum and in fear of being left behind. Real easy to blame the instructor instead and university.

Also, just as easy to get an internship getting experience working hands on with functioning aircraft.

This school is accredited for a reason. Don’t let a bad review from a student who most likey had a bad personal experience keep you from enrolling especially if you have prior experience working with aircraft.

Guest

Hello I am trying to collect these bad experiences from Hallmark. I feel like the service was terrible but I would like to voice that with facts and i am collecting information. Is there a way we can get in touch?

Guest

Not a word of truth! Illiterate and ignorant *** wrote this garbage!

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1176028

Was very will written and so truthful. Don’t get mad. Oh well, you’re not there anymore anyway.

Guest

If you go to Hallmark 14 general education credits will transfer to any other accredited university of your choosing. You wont get an aviation job right out of HSA, unless your prior military.

You will get 30 transfer credits, from the FAA - if you can pass the A&P testing and acquire your license. St Phillips is a great school.

Marlie Oyk
reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1146807

This is a lie. Hallmark Credits DO NOT TRANSFER. Your advisor will laugh at you

Guest

Sounds like a disgruntled ex employee to me.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1137374

Bet you don’t work there anymore either, along with Gregson, Lewis....... Finally just got to get it out.

Truly felt bad about what I seen and was “part of”. VERY happy and having a blessed life now and maybe the absolute best thing was getting fired by Hallmark; because I was right.

Gregson sent a girl over to fire btw. Manly.

Guest

Seriously probably one of the worst experiences of my life. Complete mess...

dont go to Hallmark..!! St Phillips is going to be a fraction of the cost. Just on ethical reasons I would love to sue them just to see the incompetent faculty stumble over there own bs. The hangar is sub-par the education is garbage.

When I hear the commercials for that toxic waste dump. I laugh so hard and loud like Eddy Murphy.

View more comments (10)

"Selling a education with a breaking point"

I had an issue with Roberto Barrera, even though I was trying to get into some classes that would allow me to further my experience. All I got was continuous talking, telling me my A+ cert that I worked by studying and passing it will not lend me to the door, wanted me to take classes that were more than 450 a class hour, which can add up harshly, 32,000. That's where the breaking point started, causing me to low my head down and broke off. I was phased out hard. And didn't get a common courtesy to let me tour the building. He wanted me to think about it. He tried again via email, and I immediately said no, but fired back and said "Now what are you going to do?" and tried to offer me the Security + with the exact price. Again, I said no, and I meant it. After that, he left me alone but kept the file. Luckily, I didn't start there again cuz it would cause me to go knee deep in debt. I rather do cert classes at community colleges for less than what Hallmark is asking. And don't believe in their "University" change. I won't be lured into it.
Pricing issue
Guest

yes also not sure what you are talking about. Just because you have an A+ cert doesn't mean that will get you into a college.

it would be best for you to get a degree and your certifications. Just getting certifications alone may not be enough to get a career started in IT. Especially if you lack experience. Did you ask the school if they offered just certifications?

Did they offer only degrees? Also why would you need to tour the school if you didn't think they had to offer what you wanted? I reviewed their website and based on what I saw, it looks like they have a pretty good program.

You should probably give them another opportunity. Community College will always be less expensive, but then you must also consider the quality of your education and the time involved.

Guest

I can't tell what you are talking about, your English is not college level, to be sure. you are correct... Go to community college.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-977749

Niether is yours. Your english is not AT A college level.

Oh the irony. Kids these days, i need to slap your parents, but im prettty sure they are already beating themselves up over having you already.

View more comments (2)

Universities, Colleges and Schools Expert Talks

Student Loans Explained: How Do Student loans Work? | How to Pay Off Your Debt?

Jul 23, 2021

Betsy Mayotte, a President of TISLA, talks about student loans, the difference between a private and federal student loan, interest rates, and scams. Uncover expert comments on a student loan issue and a success story of a paid $130K in student loan debt.

Read full article
Betsy Mayotte
Betsy Mayotte

Betsy Mayotte is the president and founder of the nonprofit called The Institute of Student Loan Advisors (TISLA). Her organization ensures that all consumers have access to free expert, neutral student loan advice and dispute resolution.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article