Laura F Npd

| map-marker Akron, Ohio

York air cpnditioner

H Jacks Plumbing And Heating - York air cpnditioner
H Jacks Plumbing And Heating - York air cpnditioner - Image 2
We paid 6295 for a york air conditionet in 2011 thats including frozen coils and service plans. 10 year service plan thst they put a bandaid on a problem and stayed sorry those were bad air cond. They want another 4000 for a new service but they dont stand behind anything they should have fixed the problem years ago . They do not honnor what they put in. Way too pricey and we flooded and had no choice as we needed heat and air...suckers No stars Run
Loss:
Pros:
  • Workers
Cons:
  • Backing their product
  • Price
  • Customer satisfaction

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Run

Rehanna Hzk
map-marker Akron, Ohio

Foul and low down technicians

Your technicians showed up at my home, there was a leak in my kitchen ceiling when all was said and done we were being charged $4,700.00, they cut another hole in my bedroom wall to fix the hot water line on the tub, and left my bedroom looking like the Sahara Desert, they gave us a senior discount of *** they did not repair the ceiling, the technician stated that that kind of work is sent out to another technician in their company that does that kind of work (repairing the ceiling) Oh! when asked how much to repair the ceiling, we were quoted a price of $2000.00 (but the technician stated that he could do it on the side for $500.00) I have called twice to request a breakdown of the work done prices, parts, pieces, man-hours pay per, and was told that someone would be talking with a manager and that they would be getting back in touch with me. haven't heard anything yet, sounds like to me I need to call an investigative reporter to find out what the *** is going on, I needed those quotes to turn into my insurance company.
Bad quality

Very good

We had a flooded basement we called and they were prompt and courteous. Also great at explaining the issues with a novice on home issues. So all and all it was a great experience.
Good customer service
map-marker Wickliffe, Ohio

Spent more than I could afford

H Jacks was repairing my furnace and found the parts were no longer available for that model after removing them. Had to purchase new furnace not in my budget all fuel savings are going into making payments on new one. I am on social security and the cost of gas and the financed new furnace have effected my trust in any other repairman in the future. I hope the other fixtures in my house last till I sell this house or die first. Never use this company unless you are entertained by an owner who pays to show off on tv in his underwear and a cape.
Tobi Khe

H Jacks Plumbing And Heating - Furnace Repair Review

Called HJacks Jamestown, NY for serviceon furnace:just turned 5 yrs. Has a 10 yr warranty -- 5 yr on labour. Arrived at 4 season vacation home at 5 pm, only 45F inside at thermostat set at 58F. Call and get dispatcher/answering service (Be aware of likely tax dodge: dispatcher is actually owner's wife and answers from home). Distressed but agree, when service calls that after hrs service fee is $169, plus hrly rate and parts costs. If there is warranty the office will adjust bill in AM, he says. Wait more than he (I agreed b/c he said he was at sons baseball practice Arrives abt 8 pm, done by 9 pm. Bill $252. Moisture in motor b/c of flawed roof vent -- which H Jack's installed. PVC pipe was letting water in when it rains. Tech quoted on cost of repair or modification. Abt an HR later I realize house not heating. Temp dropped 3 degrees since tech left and I turned off space heaters. Check out batteries in thermostat and make call to report problem just after 10 pm. Get dispatcher, then tech. Same spiel as before$169 plus hrly rate and parts: you have to agree to pay before they come out to fix same furnace that was fixed 90 minutes earlier. Was told I didn't report problem within 30 minutes: had been too long. I freak: but not "dispatcher" and tech Stonewall, leavinge NE with no choice. Freeze or pay. Paying $169 service charge twice in four hours to fix a problem caused by company's flawed work at installation does not seem to be good or fair business practice. Having no recourse/ chain if command for techs after hrs leaves them in cold too. Dispatcher is a barrier, and good at lying: she is closer to owner than she says. And when I called this AM to see if there was any recourse, I got told off by owner ( who is 80 and too old for this nonsense) before I had a chance to present issue. He refused to talk and told us to find another contractor. Too bad, b/c no one else in the vicinity, I've learned. But I am going everywhere I can to warn people abt HJacks overcharging. We were billed $200 last yr to loosen a water filter their techs installed while doing a system flush. After complaining, it was reduced to $100. I see a pattern of charging full prices to fix problems or mistakes they make. BEWARE!!!!
map-marker Akron, Ohio

Rip off artist!

Had H Jack's out because we smelled gas around our stove in West Akron. They never really showed my were the gas leak was but left me with a quote of $1,485 to put a gas valve on behind the stove and run about 4 feet of half inch pipe down to my water heater. I thought that sounded like a lot so I had another estimate done. The next plumber was a licensed and said we only needed the gas valve behind the stove. Total cost $250. And he tested the rest of the pipes for us. H Jack's is a rip off. Period.
Guest

Your a joke of a company, ripping everyone off, your well on your way to pricing your self ouy of business, you charge top dollar and install sub par equipment, tech show up w a hand break and zip screws. You call your self super but in reality your a joke.

I've seen it. First hand don't get taken advantage of. This company charges Over 196 An hr and prides itself of overcharging. Best recommendations call someone who has been in business in the Cleveland akron Canton market for more than 20 yrs.

The only reason they are here is because they priced themselfs right out of there home town Erie PA.

Now they have ripped off thousands in the NE Ohio market. Call a better company and you will be happy you did

Guest

When it comes to gas leaks in old piping systems we do not cut any corners on repairs. The scope of the work outlined in the Free Estimate provided at this residence, was significantly different than the work outlined in the above review.

Our experienced plumber’s Free Estimate included: installing an access in the basement mechanical room ceiling to properly hang and support approximately 20’ of new black iron gas piping along with required fittings. We would properly transition into the existing mainline gas trunk in the basement while making all required plumbing and mechanical connections. All piping to the 1st floor stove, including a new gas valve, was to be upgraded and supported properly on this gas line project. Upon completion a whole house gas test was to be performed to ensure the entire system was safe and operable prior to turning gas back on.

All pilots would be lit and inspected before our plumber departed the home. Thank you for your consideration.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Eastlake, Ohio

H.Jack's Plumbing.....ripoff

Its been a few months and I finally am getting around to post my review and complaint about this company. Apparently a grandchild decided to use a bunch of toilet paper along with those Cottonelle flushable wipes, followed by a parent with a toilet issue. Soon afterwards my wife did some clothes washing. We then saw the drain in the utility room was backing up. I didnt want to flush any toilets or continue the wash until I had a plumber out assuming I had a major issue like a backed up sewer possibly. So I called H.Jack plumbers. They did come out within the time they promised, which I believe was within 3 hrs. Fine. I can live with that. Well the guy comes, looks around and says he has to call another guy in the company to come out. For whatever reason it was, Iam not sure. The next guy comes. He tells me he has to snake the pipe out. Ok fine. The 'plug' on the drain pipe is behind the furnace. Its tight back there. But I have been there and mopped up water after something in the tub make it overflow. And Iam not the skinniest person. Anyway, when I asked why he cant snake it at that point, he said they need to do it in the toilet. So there he goes to the main floor toilet. He starts to pull up the toilet and sees that there is caulking along the base of the new flooring that is about 6 months old. So he uses a knife to cut away the caulking. What?? Ok so now he pulls the toilet out. He sends out his helper to get the huge and dirty snake machine. He snakes it out and pulls out a toilet wipe...the ones that are flushable. He puts everything back together again and wipes up fairly well. But still remnants of the caulking and it looked terrible. So after the fact a friend had the very same issue. They called a different plumbing company. They opened the plug to the drain pipe, snaked it out, nice and easy, and no mess, especially since it was in the basement. This friend mentioned the fact that my plumber pulled the whole toilet out to snake it. He was shocked to hear this being the fact thats what those plugs are for mostly. So Im convinced the plumber just didnt want to get his butt back there and open that plug, hence making this mess and major issue. Ohhh, and did I forget to mention they charged me $335.00 for this? Theres a company that advertises on tv they clear ANY pipe for $39.00. I will never call this company out even if I was desperate.
Guest

I've seen H Jacks sell little old ladies sewers for over 10 grand where it should be a 3500 job they will scam and rip u off.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article