HORRIBLE Customer Service in Colorado Springs!

Gutter Helmet's customer service is next-to-nothing in Colorado Springs. They promptly make appointments if you are BUYING their product, but if you have any issues once the product is installed, they NEVER respond. I purchased my Gutter Helmet about 5 years ago. I had to have my roof replaced 3 years ago due to hail damage (which Colorado Springs is famous for), but roofers are not allowed to touch Gutter Helmet or it will negate your "warranty" with Gutter Helmet. You have to call Gutter Helmet to uninstall the product (which, of course, you then have to pay them several hundred dollars to do so). My insurance company allowed for less than $100 for Gutter Helmet to come out and uninstall and then REINSTALL the product. When they came out, Gutter Helmet totally ripped off/destroyed the product, saying that it needed to be completely replaced with new product, and that they would contact my insurance company and "make sure they pay for" the new product. My insurance company never did approve the replacement of the Gutter Helmet (because it was NOT damaged by hail!), and after a year of complaining to Gutter Helmet, I gave up. So, I paid a couple of thousand dollars to have Gutter Helmet for a little over a year, and now I have nothing. My roofers told me they have had several customers tell them to just *** the Gutter Helmet completely because they are so disappointed in the product and service! My 80-year-old mom has also had issues with their customer service and the product itself. (I feel bad that I talked her into getting it soon after I got mine). Her Gutter Helmet has become loose, and therefore, a lot of twigs and debris are getting into the gutters. The gutters are so full of stuff that it is now also causing damage to her gutters. She has called Gutter Helmet several times to come out to fix the problem, and they just keep blowing her off. They tell her that they will have the field person call her back to make an appointment, but he never does. Also of note - Gutter Helmet's "warranty" states that if the damage is caused by anything other than the manufacture or installation of their product, the product is not covered. My mom's Helmets are coming loose, which in my opinion is due to the way they installed it. They tell her on the phone it is probably due to the weather, which they do not cover. How can they tell that if they don't even come out to look at it??!? I am kicking myself now that I did not file a complaint with the BBB. Maybe that would have helped me to resolve the issue in some manner. I now just get up on my 3-story house/3-tiered roof myself (55 year old female) and clean the gutters out myself! I do NOT recommend Gutter Helmet!

Okay, so the site is still blanking out the words, so I'll reword it: "several customers tell them to just REMOVE the Gutter Helmet completely because they are so disappointed in the product and service!"

Update: I just read my review that was posted, and for some reason the site blanked out some words - they were not curse words! At the end of the first paragraph, it should read "...several customers tell them to just *** (missing words) the Gutter Helmet completely because they are so disappointed in the product and service!"

Just wanted to clear that up

View more comments (1)
ID
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Cons
  • Customer service
  • Failure to install what i was sold
  • Client communications
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Verified Reviewer