LARCENY

LARCENY @ GULF DEVELOPMENT CUSTOMERS BEWARE!! On the 28th of March, I purchased a DIGITAL SIGN from Gulf, for my business here in Revere, MA. I was to lease a sign for 5 years and at the end of 5 years it was mine. A gentleman showed up at my business named Walter Halpin. Walter was 75 years old like an old Swiss watchmaker. Very disarming person and I believed everything that he told me. He then gave me his business card which had his name on it, GULF DEVELOPMENT, and his position as a Location Coordinator. No where on his card that it state that he was an independent contractor. He wanted $4000 from me to solidify the deal. BIG RED FLAG, after he said, make the check out to him and NOT Gulf Development. I then said, If i don't get city permit, I'll get my deposit back. He said Yes, I would. Didn't get the permit, called him and asked for my deposit back. He then said he had given the money to a good friend of his who needed money. And here is the eye gouger, he then said, "Could I pay you back on time payments?" and he would try to pay me back within a year or two. "Really, Walter?" I then called Gulf Development and they said that he is not their employee. He's an independent contractor and I should refer to my lease contract. And to get my money back I would have to sue him. So said, Debbie Nyeche, the Director of Leasing. So, I started to read the really, really small print on the contract. Print so small, it looked like someone had twisted a pepper grinder on piece of white paper. I'm 72 and even with my 3.25X reading glasses, I could barely read it. And I still couldn't find any independent contractor stuff. But Debbie said it was there. And that Gulf Development had no responsibility for one of their salesman that committing GRAND LARCENY. And then to add insult to my misery, she told me to call up Walter, the salesman to tell him to try to get a bank loan to pay me back. Dear, Mr. Tom Kozell Boren, please help me with this matter.
ID
Los Angeles, California
Service
Gulf Development Customer Care
Cons
  • Lying salesman that committed larceny
Reason of review
LARCENY BY COMPANY REP
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article