2016 Chrysler 300 Uconnect/radio problem

We recently purchased a 2016 Chrysler 300 Limited from Lee Auto in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. We live in Foley, Alabama but made the trip to Florida because they had the car we wanted. We’ve had the car now for about 6 weeks and just loved it, until it happened. June 4th 2016 While on the Uconnect website to purchase WiFi package for an upcoming trip, I noticed that my car required an update to the Uconnect system and was directed to a website for instructions on how to perform the update. The website stated that the update could be performed by the owner or taken to the dealer so that it could be done there. I opted to perform the update myself and followed the instructions on the website. I downloaded the update to a thumb drive, inserted it into the USB port in my vehicle and commenced the upgrade. Everything went as described on the website until the data transfer completed. At that point it presented a dialogue screen stating that there were 14 more units to download and started that process. The process only continued for a matter of seconds then the screen went blank and began alternating between a blank screen and the Anniversary Edition logo. I then called Gulf Chrysler in Foley, Alabama and the service manager on duty said to bring it down and he would take a look at it. I took it to the dealer and he did some diagnostics and said that it would require at least half a day to repair, to call Monday (June 6th) and make an appointment. I called on Monday and made the appointment for the next day (Tuesday June 7th) at 9:00 AM. I dropped the car off and returned home. I received a call later in the day that my car needed a new radio and that it would take 1-2 days to receive it and another day to install it. I wasn’t happy with the delay but accepted the service manager’s word. On Wednesday (June 8th) I received another call from Gulf Chrysler telling me that they had an update on delivery of the radio and it would now be delivered on or about June 13th. He wanted me to come and pick up the car and schedule another appointment when they received the radio. Needless to say I was very upset with this news, since this is a brand new car with approximately 1,200 miles on it and the technology that the salesman had gone to such great lengths to describe and boast about was now unavailable on my car. I began calling customer service numbers, attempting to get the delivery expedited. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that my wife and I have been planning a car trip to Maryland to attend our son’s wedding and our departure date was going to be June 13th, the day that Gulf Chrysler expected to receive the radio. We had looked forward to the trip in our new car, in large part because of the technology available. I finally contacted Sue (don’t know her last name) the case manager for my problem and described the issues. She offered to contact the dealer and determine whether they could provide a rental car that could be driven out of state, and if so to make arrangements for that to happen. If they could not provide a car for out of state travel, she said that I would have to rent a car myself and that she would reimburse me up to $45 per day. Since the dealer was closed at the time we spoke, Sue said she would begin coordinating the process tomorrow, June 9th. After doing some research on rental cars available in our area, I’ve discovered getting a comparable vehicle will cost far in excess of the $45 per day reimbursement offered by Chrysler. During this entire process I spoke with several Chrysler representatives, from service managers, service department directors, various customer care specialists, etc. It appears that Chrysler’s idea of customer service is to say “I’m very sorry that you’re having this problem”. It was repeated over and over again by everyone I spoke to, but no one was able to help with the problem. If you’re in the market for a new car and are considering a Chrysler, look at all the customer service reviews on this web site and think very hard about whether you want to subject yourself the Chrysler Customer Service experience – it is horrible.
ID
Foley, Alabama
Service
Gulf Chrysler Dodge Jeep Car Repair
Pros
  • 300 until the radio broke
Cons
  • Time it takes to receive parts when ordered
  • Customer service
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article