I hired a real bad lawyer, Gregg Brennan

I hired this man, Gregg Brennan to do a simple small claims action. He works out of his nasty house with toys all over and a real dirty/nasty smelly mess, this should be a real red flag to anyone to stay away from this loser. He told me he used to be a prosecutor so that obviously did not work out well for him as now he is trying to be a lawyer on his own. It takes more then a law degree to be a good lawyer of any kind. The Judge thought he was a lousy lawyer as did my wife and I. He did not present any evidence that was given to him by me personally. He is so bad that the judge shook his head at his obvious disbelief at his misrepresentation of us. I lost several thousand dollars as a direct result of his complete incompetence! I have filed a Bar complaint against this so-called lawyer for his actions, some of which I have outlined here. Then weeks after the trial he has the nerve to send me another bill after we paid him thousands of dollars for basically nothing. He wanted 115 dollars more, when I told him he was not worth any money let alone all the money he was paid, which by the way he said we were entitled to get back if we win, which was a lie and he knew it! I said, "*** no, not a dime more," so he started sending harassing emails to us every day, ten or more a day.He was basicly trying to blackmail me into paying. Then today he went onto Ripoffreport.com web site and lied, (slandered) about me and a company I used to work for just to get even. He used a made up name of "Paul Graff, " what an *** he his. He now says he did not do that but it has ALL the same lies he told me in his emails. I have been involved in one way or another with the legal system. First, as a Magistrate in the 1970's and in the 80's where I was appointed by two different governors for two 5-years terms each and I was appointed as a special prosecutor. I was a paralegal in 1969 before the designation was even being used while I was in law school. I think I am qualified enough to say this man is NO lawyer! He may in fact have gone to law school and may even have a degree, but he cannot practice law worth a s---t. Sorry, just the truth and everyone needs to know it. He is a Liar, a Slanderer, Criminal Harasser and a Thief as he is so bad of a lawyer he is taking people's money and not giving proper representation, so that's a scam in my personal opinion. Stay as far away from this self-confessed lawyer as you can get, unless you want to lose.

Dennis A. Brady of Lady Lake, Florida (I need to put his name in here as he obviously didn't feel comfortable making these claims against me using his real name) hired me to represent him in a small claims action, that much of his rant is true, the rest are all lies and fantasies concocted by what I can only estimate to be a disturbed individual.

Mr. Brady did not lose out on $2,200 because he never submitted the proper paperwork to me in a timely manner to allow that paperwork to be entered into evidence at his trial. Mr. Brady was present at a mediation with the defendant in his case and failed to present those bills to the defendant during the mediation.

For obvious reasons the mediation was declared an impasse and we went back before the court. Mr. Brady was standing in open court with me when the judge advised us to disclose all evidence to the defendant within 21 days of that date. Mr.

Brady was informed by me immediately afterward that he needed to provide that documentation to me before that date if he wanted it entered into evidence at the trial as it needed to be disclosed to the defendant.

Mr. Brady brought that paperwork with him and gave it to me right before the trial, which was far too late to disclose to the defendant as it was outside the time limit established by the court. Therefore, I did not present that evidence in the trial as it would have been unethical of me to try and bring in evidence that he defendant had never seen prior to that date. What I did do, however, was find and subpoena the one witness (other than Brady himself) who was integral to the prosecution of his case.

Mr. Brady did not know who this witness was, what his name was, what his position was, and would not have known these things, or how to even get that witness to appear in court, if it had not been for my efforts on his behalf. This witness provided crucial testimony on Mr. Brady's behalf and the case would have been lost without him.

As it turned out, we were able to secure an almost three thousand dollar judgment against the defendant.

Mr. Brady signed a contract with my office whereby he acknowledged that he would be responsible for paying all costs and fees associated with his case. Figuring that I was dealing with someone I could trust, my office advanced the cost of hiring a process server to serve the witnesses (that I found and identified on Mr. Brady's behalf) with subpoenas to appear at trial.

The bill for said service amounted to $115.00. When I asked Mr. Brady the first time to adhere to the contract he signed and reimburse my office, he ignored me. When I asked him a second time, he started going of on a tangent about how he used to be a judge, a lawyer, a paralegal and how he was a great lawyer and that he could have won the case and gotten his $2,200.

Mr. Brady has a long history of complaints against him on various consumer complaint websites such as this one:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-national-board-of-professional-and-ethical-standards-c202408.html#c115**** Apparently someone named Paul Graff filed a report on Mr. Brady on another site and Mr. Brady thinks it was me and has since embarked on this campaign of lies to attempt to smear my name and my business.

I had nothing to do with any reports on Mr. Brady but am now forced to respond to his baseless attacks on me because I've pointed out to him how he undermined his own case and he won't take responsibility for that fact. Rather he has consistently told me that I am responsible for not providing the documentation that he had solely in his possession and never gave to me to give to the defendant before the trial. Mr.

Brady claims that because he is a client, he is always right and bears no responsibility for his own failures on this part. Mr. Brady also has a history of being pursued for failing to live up to contracts he has signed, such as leases for his various businesses. If you go to the Marion County, Florida Clerk of Court website at: www.marioncountyclerk.org and click on the "case search" link under Courts and type in Dennis Brady's name.

You will find Mr. Brady listed as the defendant in multiple civil actions: 42-2013-CC-794-A 42-2012-CA-4564-A 42-2011-SC-2399-A 42-2005-SC-3627-A 42-2005-SC-218-A Also if you go to www.alachuacountyus/depts/clerk to the Alachua County Clerk of Courts site and enter a case search for Dennis A. Brady, DOB 5/26/1950, you will find a misdemeanor case number for a worthless check case in which Mr. Brady was the listed defendant: 01-2008-MM-3129-A.

So take this complaint with a huge grain of salt. Mr. Brady did not even have the courage to post this slander under his own name, so speaks volumes regarding his lack of credibility.

He even posted it as being from someone in "Chesterfield, Missouri" when in fact he lives on Griffin View Road in Lady Lake, Florida.

ID
Chesterfield, Missouri
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article