Same scam, same script, same fraudulent sales pitch

Read any of the other accounts of the Green Heritage/Country Prime sales scam and you know my story! Except as soon as the driver, Nick Burns, drove out of the driveway and down the road, I checked on the internet and found it to be a sad scam. So I immediately stopped payment on my check. Whew! He couldn't get his little computer to work, so I have no receipt or paperwork whatsoever. He has my email and phone number, but it's been several days now. I haven't heard from him and don't know how to reach him to have him come and pick up the meat which is almost completely filling up my freezer. I'd sure like him to come and pick the stuff up, but I feel extremely fortunate to only be out a stop check payment fee. I wonder how his parents would feel to know their son is involved in petty crime for a living. The company should be ashamed of what they are doing!!!
ID
Gervais, Oregon

Same shady sales tactic. Terrible ethics.

I think it's the same story over and over again with this company. For the second time, someone has come to my door (this time it was Logan), and said that he had just finished his delivery to some of my neighbors (I didn't recognize the name or see any proof) and that he just wanted to finish his run and he would give me a deal for what he had left. He said he didn't want to have to take it all the way back up to Vancouver. He casually just said, "Let me just show you what I have. I will give you a deal...just leave it with you". He brought a case of meat and a case of seafood and showed me everything (which took a while). Then he showed me the "original price"--$369 per case!!--sheesh!--but said that if I bought the seafood he would throw in the meat for free. This is exactly the approach the first guy used. When I kept pressing Logan for a price per pound, he kept telling me the price per serving...$2.50 a serving...something like that. I reluctantly agreed and as I was writing the check he said, "Please don't tell any of your neighbors about the deal I am giving you because it will ruin my route." Ha...you just don't want us talking to each other to discover how shady you are. When he left and I had the time to do all of the math, it turns out that it was $10.00 a pound for this food! And, when I did the research on Green Heritage Foods (formerly Country Prime foods) there were so many similar stories of the shady sales tactics plus terrible comments about all of this being a scam. And I couldn't find any credible evidence that this was the quality beef that they said it was. Feeling foolish, I immediately called my bank to have them stop the check payment (which cost me $35, but better than losing $359). The company has a three day "change your mind policy", but because I didn't know if this company or salesperson could be trusted, I didn't want my funds going into their bank account. I tried to give written email notification to the company but the email address they gave bounced back. So, I mailed them a signed copy of the receipt with my desire to terminate the sale. Apparently when Logan went to cash my check, he was unable to, and in fact the bank charged him $15. This didn't make Logan happy and he called me wanting to see what was up. I explained to him the situation and he said I was "messing up" his personal bank account. I told him that I was charged $35 to stop the check so I was the one taking the hit. He still wanted me to pay him back the $15 and he wanted to come and pick up the meat. Seems to me, $15 is a small price for him to have to pay for having such shady sales tactics and for asking people to make decisions on the spot. A hazard of the job. After going back and forth, I agreed to the $15 just to get away from this company. He said he would leave me with one free package of beef to try. Um, no thanks. So, I am out $50 because a guy in a white van decided that day to try and sell me some meat. I will make sure that no one in my neighborhood buys from Green Heritage Foods, Country Prime, or any other name they come up with.

I wanted to comment on my previous review....I canceled the check, and after talking to the owner of the company decided to try some of their products (I was offered a free package of New York Strip Steaks). Nick Burns returned to pick up the extra meat, but I had become curious...so I purchase a few other things to try.

I am a cooking Klutz, and in winter only prepare meat using my rotisserie broiler. Threw on the Strip Steak, then tasted it, and it was DELICIOUS. Really. The best steak I have ever tasted!!

(I don't work for the company). Then, I tried the seasoned poultry, which was seasoned too strongly for me. So next time I just rinsed it off, cooked it to internal temperature of exactly 160 degrees and voila!! Delicious!!

The icing on the cupcake came today, when I received a harassing letter from some co. called Money Tree, saying I had to pay for that canceled check. I called them, and they told me that Nick Burns had returned the money to them. Gosh, I have been impressed.

It was a $380 dollar check, so that really made my day!!

Bottom line, I have become very impressed with the quality of products and service I have experienced with Green Heritage Foods and Nick (Walter) Burns. Thanks, Nick!!

ID
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article