Scheduling

In considering working for Greek Yearbook I would advise any freelance photographer to consider the subject matter. While my experience may be an exception I found that maintaining order and accomplishing my goals were disrupted by having chaotic events scheduled too closely together further complicated by last minute scheduling delays and changes which made the assignment unnecessarily stressful and complicated. Furthermore the students were very disrespectful and uncooperative. Under any other circumstances this assignment was definitely more than a one person assignment. Perhaps other universities, sororities are more cooperative but my first experience was so negative I would never consider another.
ID

Beware freelance photographers of Greek yearbook

I did a job for Greek yearbook last year and all went well. This year they called again. I drove one hour there and one hour back, and over 2 hours to shoot. Photographed a sorority and fraturnity for a total of 62 kids. I sent all the stuff back and received a check for $86.49. I was suppose to get twice that amount. I asked why they shorted me and I was told I didn't shoot it in portrait mode. I told them the only reason I shot in landscape was due to the fact that 2 girls were drunk and my equipment was more at risk of being knocked over in the upright position on the tripod rather than the more secure landscape position. Also, there was nothing in the contract that said if they didn't like the photos, I would get docked in pay. One more thing, I shot in landscape mode last year and no one said a thing and I got paid what I was owed. They rip off the little guy and expect us to take it. I turned them into Better Business Bureau. Nothing will probably happen, but that and posting my gripe is about all I know to do. So, beware freelancer!!

Uhhh... Yea I've shot quite a bit for them the last few months, they called me out of the blue.

No problems at all, paid on time and in full... sounds like you seriously botched a job, I don't really blame them...

Sorry but portraits should be done in portrait mode unless specified. You cost them money!

i have shot hundreds of jobs for them, and never had a problem, great bunch of people

They also charge 45.00 a photo minimum. You got ripped, dude.

I've been shooting for Greekyearbook for close to five years and never had a problem either. There is a format that needs to be followed for a reason.

Portraits need to be shot in portrait mode to accommodate composite software.

I have never been shorted and I do about 30-45 jobs a year for them.

I have been shooting for GreekYearbook for 8 years. I have never had a problem with them.

I know they work with hundreds of photographers around the US and Canada.

I personally have been fortunate enough to make this into a full time gig for me, while still shooting weddings on the side.

Each year I shoot on average 40-50 shoots for them and it has been nothing but a pleasant experience. The clients are great to work with and the Greekyearbook staff are a great bunch.

View more comments (5)
ID
Des Moines, Iowa
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article