Buyers please beware of her exclusive buyer agreement

Please read all the terms and conditions before you sign a contract with Anita Gupta as she forces you to sign exclusive buyer agreement where the terms and conditions are so stringent that there is no way you could get out of the contract even if you do not like her services.The terms and conditions lock you for six months and 120 days more than the six months if you plan to work with any other agent or even find a home by yourself without her involvement. She is too pushy in her approach as well. She forced one of my friends to sign a contract inspite of knowing that the house had termite issues.
ID
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Real estate Agent cheated me

Anita Gupta is my real estate agent. She is an agent I appointed after I finalized on buying a new home. She had agreed to split the buyers commission she would make with me keeping 1500$ for herself paying me back 5720 $ ( 3 % of sales price (174,000) + sales bonus (2000$) - 1500 ). However, she had advised me to put this out of the contract and she would just honor her word. I trusted her and went ahead with closing on the house. She used to call me often before the closing to discuss various things. On the day of the closing, she walked out on me when I asked to honor her word and pay me back. She came out with completely unexpected jargon on how hard she worked and how she deserved all of it. After quite a bit of argument, she said she would pay me back on Dec 13th and not to trouble her before that. On Dec 13th she sent me an email saying she wouldn't be able to pay me anything and not to trouble her in future. I am a new home buyer and have never ever bought a house before, she cheated me outright from day 1 asking me not to put her details in the contract. After the close, she promised to pay me back on a particular date ( Dec 13th ) till when she was confident that money would be in her account and once it was, she sent me an email saying she cant pay me anything. I have email that I sent on the day that her remuneration of 1500$ was agreed with her. I have email that she would settle the issue on Dec 13th and the email that says on Dec 13th she wont be able to pay me back. She has clearly cheated me of the money (5720 $) and violated the code of ethics to say the least.

Miss Sarita's comments are not at all linked/connected to what the enjoy41 have written. Suggest you to please go through what is written again.

He have clearly mentioned that they agreed for the split(and Anita Gupta asked not to mention in contract). But later on she changed her mind.

I would like to thank enjoy41 for posting this case. This is a warning to other new buyers or who is planning for buying-like me.

By Miss Sarita's sentence--""and expected her to work literally for free after she worked for him so hard for months"", looks like she is well aware of this case.

If this was the case, the realtor before doing any work, should mentioned that is the extra task/work and she will charge for this later. She should warn this to any new buyer.But looks like she never mentioned anything or extra tasks/work. She should make any buyer aware of this kind of thing.

Either this realtor is inexperienced because this is so unprofessional. I feel bad for enjoy41 that he had to see this as a new buyer and in first time he had to experience this kind of situation.

@PissedConsumer532379

actually a real estate agent should not have to split their commission with you you the buyer have not done anything to earn a commission I think all together for you to expect to receive a commission the transaction is just a really ridiculous

Also wanted to add that I am sure there is more to the story then this person has stated such as how he may have used/abused her services before finding this house and expects her to work for free after she worked so hard for months for this person.

I would also like to add that, I think there is something more to the story then this person has stated such as how he may have used/abused her services before finding this house and expected her to work literally for free after she worked for him so hard for months.

#532068

I just stumbled upon this review by chance and cannot believe what is being said. I have known this realtor(Anita Gupta) for last 16 years and have used her services twice.

I have never had a problem/misunderstaning/miscommunication of any kind during the process. Both my deals went thru smoothly. I found Anita very professional & upfront, right from the first time I contacted her to help me with my house hunt.

I would always recommend Anita to anyone who needs a reliable & professional realtor. I am very disappointed that someone could write such nasty remarks about a person I have had such a good experience with her not once but TWICE!

View more comments (4)
ID
Alpharetta, Georgia
Loss

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

A real estate industry expert, Ty Wilde, shares his insights on whether to buy or build a house, what to consider when dealing with real estate agents, home inspections, and what to think of when investing your money.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article