Horrible Experience

Gray Point Homes - Horrible Experience
Unfortunately, we decided to buy a home based on the model and then found that what we were given was far from it. Gehan Homes which owns Gray Point was rushing to close the sale at the end on 2018 even after our completed responses that we thought the home was not going to be ready. Indeed it wasn't ready. Our problem was we agreed to close with the understanding that it would be completed within 30 days for us to move in. As of today. 07/08/19 we are still dealing with major issues, from painting, doors not closing, cracks, closet rods that fall when you hang anything, tubs that were stained and damaged and yet were installed instead of replaced. Window leaks, lights that didn't work, plumbing for a water softener that was in our contract which they didn't do. Now it turns out the whole floor must be replaced because it was done incorrectly and at 6 months on being there it is lifting and popping up. Worst of all is what we now found. Turns out that the electrician didn't put an electrical box and decided to just drill *** and pull the wires through it, put up the light fixtures and in order to secure to the wall, drilled a screw straight through the bulb socket. This is so dangerous because it could potentially cause an electrical shortage and fire endangering our home and lives. The response from their San Antonio office was "file a warranty claim" This goes beyond a warranty, they are knowing endangering the lives of their buyers.

May I ask which neighborhood this is in? My husband and I are looking to buy from Gray Point - The Parklands, but I'm trying to find out more reviews/info (we're first-time buyers).

We haven't started the process with them. I keep reading from people that you shouldn't close until they fix everything, bring your own inspector, etc.

I really appreciate your honesty here. Thank you!

@Camisha Qwd

I would be very careful on what inspector you hire. We did get an inspection and they only found cosmetic issues with the home.

After only 2 months of living in the home all issues started coming up. At 6 months we have floors lifting, detached roof, framing issues, HVAC issues, vents that were never installed and are in just for show. Moisture barriers not added in walls, bowed walls, electrical issues, broken shingles and indented areas in roof. Unfortunately this is at The Parklands.

Please talk to current homeowners before buying here or anywhere and ask about their experience. We had to get the City involved, a GC and another inspector.

View more comments (1)
ID
Cons
  • Warranty reps failure to act
  • Poor quality
  • Cheap materials
Reason of review
Bad quality
Preferred solution
Fix all issues

Stay Away!

We have been in our home for about 18 months. We've had our ups and downs and mixed experiences in that time. While we like our home overall, we're very unhappy at the moment and we're currently on a down, MAJOR down, with Gehan. We found out that they are now building the homes behind us (we knew that would happen eventually) and planning to grade the lots to drain the water from those lots onto and between mine and my neighbors' homes. That isn't anywhere on our survey, there's no drainage plan to do so on our paperwork, nor is it legal. In Texas, you can't drain water onto another person's property. We already had poor grading, which they admitted to messing up initially and are trying to fix now with new fences that were rotting, and sod to replace what had died from standing water, and tried to fix the existing grading so it would flow properly. But as of this week, it's still not all fixed either. Sadly, our homes are going to be in further jeopardy of potential flooding every heavy rain we get here in the hill country with not only water flowing from my lot, but also that of homes behind me. If only they put the same care into my home as if it were their own, they would see why it matters. I don't think anyone wants a flooded home
ID
Katy, Texas

Real Estate Expert Talks

"I'm a Huge Proponent of Building a Home" Ty Wilde About Real Estate Industry

Sep 15, 2020

To help every potential homeowner find answers to their most important real estate questions, we’ve invited Ty Wilde Realtor & New Home Construction Specialist. In this video interview, we asked Ty to share his vast experience and give expert advice on whether to build a house or buy a house, what’s the best time to buy a house, what to consider during the house inspection, and more.

Read full article
Ty Wilde
Ty Wilde

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article