Naasir Nyr

Awful Support

Granite Telecommunications absolutely disgusted. Our Deadicated fiber has been out since Thursday.

Its now Sunday night complete failure furthermore its interesting how all of the support desk I called in twenty times over four days and every single call was answered by the exact same person who claimed he could do nothing but put a note in the system. Excuse after excuse as to why nothing is fine.

He couldnt/wouldnt get me a manger nothing

Worst Telecom do not trust them with your business or clients to all my MSP and intelliSYS, ScanSource, MSP BUSINESS OWNERS friends.

So my guess is 1 single guy in India is running coast to coast support for this telecom. Very sad.

I will be moving to TPX

Cons:
  • Awful the worst customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Skip them do not engage

Melanie H Pke

Verified Reviewer
| map-marker Louisville, Kentucky

This company is the essence of inept

Here is a short list of things that went wrong since September of 2021. The general billing was never corrected until September of 2022 (and is still being corrected).

We had listed a fax line on one of our locations, but at the last minute decided we didn't need it (never hooked anything up). We cancelled it in January, the credit wasn't given for the line cost and they charged me an early termination fee of $2400. Nothing was said to me at the time of cancellation - I would have kept the fax line if I was going to have to pay for 10 years worth of fax line. Granite added a line to our account instead of replacing the phone that didn't work.

They eventually took the line off (after months of me telling them) with no credit for the line charge and added a $580 termination fee.

When we received phones that did not work or that quit working within a month of using them (which was A LOT), we asked for replacements. This usually took around a month to get new phones. I would have to ask 3 or 4 times to get the phones, then they would be overnighted and Granite would charge us for the excess shipping fees. Not to mention the hours and hours and hours I have spent begging for help, keeping track of incorrect billing, sending phones back, setting things up, etc.

This company is the essence of inept. Nothing was ever easy or correct.

Loss:
Cons:
  • This company is the essence of inept

Preferred solution: out of contract with no fees

User's recommendation: Stay far, far, far, far away

map-marker Delaware, Ohio

No phone service

Our phone service is out every single week and on the weekends, they refuse to fix it and I have a business account.
Lorrie Y

Verified Reviewer

Stay Away!

Billing problems for the first 7 months of service, over and over told it was corrected and an adjustment made. Now service down for 2 days with customer service "unable" to do much, customer service email boxes full - including the main trouble box.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Availability
Cons:
  • Deceptive contracts
  • Poor customer service
  • Incomplete quotes

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: do no use this company

Jonathan Tfy
map-marker Quincy, Massachusetts

Deceptive Business Practices

Granite Telecommunications - Deceptive Business Practices
We obtained 1MB data service from Granitenet (aka Granite Telecommunications) for our small business. After 2.5 years of service we needed to relocate and had to cancel service. Granite refused to cancel our service unless a cancellation fee of $978 was paid. Note, we actually paid for installation and cabling at the site. The language of the fee was not in the actual letter of agreement that we signed, but instead is buried in one of approximately 20 documents posted on their site at http://granitenet.com/legal They deliberately separate their fees from their agreements, otherwise, if consumers were aware of these fees they would not sign the contracts. It would be better for Granite, and their customers, if they discontinued this business practice. This could include communicating fees directly on documents that are signed (i.e. one agreement document), establishing a reasonable cancellation fee, or preferably discontinuing the entire practice of cancellation fees. To help change this business practice we established a site at http://granitenetreviews.com where other customers and employees can advocate without fear of censorship.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Reliable service
Cons:
  • Penalties
  • Fees
  • Deceptive contracts
Reason of review:
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Preferred solution: Waive cancellation fee

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article