Only allowed to change the auto withdrawal date once during the life of a loan

So, l have an auto withdrawal setup for my school loan with Granite State Management & Resources which I have had setup for many years now. I ask to have my auto with drawl date changed to the 3rd from the 16th as my employer has changed our pay cycle to once a month instead of Bi Monthly. I had to go through this about a year ago as the pay cycle changed again last year or even the year before I can’t remember. The Customer Service agent says that Granite State Management & Resources policy states that the Borrow is only allowed to change the dueauto withdrawal date once during the life of the loan. So, I ask him if he thinks this is reasonable as a student loan could last anywhere from 10 to 30 years, which he replies yes it is reasonable that only one change should be allowed over the terms of the loan… I have never had a company that I have a loan with not allow me to change the due date.
#1182020

Completely unethical practices. I fell behind in my payments - Granite State Management basically googled searched anyone with my last name who lived in the same town, and called whoever they found.

If that wasn't ridiculous enough, they gave out my personal info to relatives - now my parents (who didn't help me pay for school in the first place) know how much I owe, what my payments are, etc. I don't even think that's legal.

When I called their customer service to complain about what happened, they said "well, you should have paid on time, and we wouldn't have called". That doesn't give them the right to give out my personal financial information.

ID
Concord, New Hampshire

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article