Verified Reviewer

They kept my money during the Covid-19 pandemic

Grand Welcome - They kept my money during the Covid-19 pandemic
Grand Welcome - They kept my money during the Covid-19 pandemic
I rented a condo to a ski resort in Mammoth lakes CA. I was supposed to stay from March 15-20th. On March 14th I was informed that the ski resort closed down and the town council asked for traveler's to please not come. I called to cancel and they said no refund and wanted to charge me an additional $75 to cancel. I asked if I could just get a credit so I could come back next winter and was told no. They said I could have a credit good only for 2020. So I told them the ski resort was closed and doesn't open until November and I can't travel in November or December due to work. I was told it was my decision to cancel and other people are still traveling. I finally reached another representative, and she said I could get a credit for next year. On the same day they returned the cleaning fee and voided the credit they had just given me (as that was a way cheaper route to go for them) And they told me since I got the cleaning fee I don't get the credit. Then I wrote a review on YELP, and they commented that they would give me a credit so when I reached out about that they said no credit because you got the cleaning fee. Very unreasonable and shiesty I travel quite a bit will never do business with Grandwelcome vacation rentals again.

User's recommendation: Buyer beware very unreasonable and shiesty.

ID
#1915986 Review #1915986 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Shiesty
  • Unreasonable
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Travel Expert Talks

Vacation Rentals: Refund, Cancellation and Safety Tips

Nov 6, 2020

How to find proper vacation rentals? Can you cancel and refund? How not to be scammed with a vacation rental? Mary Branum, a vacation rental expert, shares tips on how to refund a vacation rental and what to do if you have issues with renting.

Read full article
Mary Branum
Mary Branum

Mary Branum is a vacation rental expert, owner of Galveston Island and President of STROAG.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article