Good thing I looked this up!

I am a soon-to-be graduate who was going to take study time away from an important midterm to go interview at this place. The worst part for me is how the phone interview effectively boosts one's self esteem, only to find out that the position is in no way a full time position, it's a total scam! I was so professional over the phone and now i feel like a fool. I guess it's my own fault for never asking any questions, but I was busy trying to retain the information i was receiving. What a waste of time.
ID
Washington, District Of Columbia

Grand Marketing, Inc. in Grand Rapids, MI is not what it seems!!

I applied for a "Sports minded" entry level position for this new sales and marketing firm in Grand Rapids, MI. I was told the owner Taylor typically manages the interviewing process, but he was out of town so a woman by the name of Alicia Key interviewed me over the phone. After a few quick questions, she proceeded to give me a very general overview of the company...how they worked with fortune 500 companies...how they worked face to face with their clients...how these were services that were desired by the client. Alicia had told me to wear flats, no heels, as I was going to be on my feet and that one of their top sales account managers. ALL of the positions they are hiring for led you to a meeting at their office suite in Grand Rapids with a group of other interviewees. They called me out into the hallway where they introduced me to a young man who was one of these "managers." He leads me down the stairs and out into the parking lot to his car. I'm thinking a group of us are going to jump in..but no, I was dumb enough to stay in the car. He SPEEDS off and casually shows me a list of addresses....residential addresses. I eventually get out of him that they go door to door unannounced trying to sell people U-verse from AT&T. I get back to my car highly irritated. For the owner Taylor: be direct about the details of the job. I searched the Internet to find some dirt about this job before I went to the interview THREE hours from my house but this company is a very new company, founded just last year, and there was nothing. And DO NOT think its a wise idea to get your potential employees (mainly female potential employees) to get into a car alone with someone they spoke two words to beforehand. The job is 100 percent commission based, with "opportunities for advancement" that really means a year later you can be an account manager. The manager I was to follow informed me that as a manager you still are completely relying on those sales for salary, but you get to enter numbers into the system! WOOO! WASTE OF TIME!!!

This isn't a pyramid scam......barely. I had an interview with "Cohesion Inc.", or rather two days of them, that resulted in a job offer, surprise surprise.

It's not a surprise because when you're hiring people for 100% commission jobs with no benefits, you don't need to be very choosy. Just go in there, speak clearly, and don't say anything too *** and you'll get the job. A job where you can go door to door, working for someone in their early 20's who'll brag about all the fun things they do after work.

I repeat, they risk NOTHING of their own, not even minimum wage, and send piles of suit wearing young people out there to go door to door to sell for AT&T. If that's your thing, good, but be aware.

I'm glad I came across this site. I had an interview with Cohesion Inc.

(who according to users was formerly Grand Marketing) I went to the interview the first time and everyone was pretty laid back and casual but left the interview with no idea what they actually did. They called me back the same day to schedule a second round interview which they said would be conducted during lunch with some representative. Interview over lunch? Seems very unprofessional.

Not to mention that any company that has to tell you to "Dress business professional" is probably not someone you're wanting to work for. Will not be going to the second round interview.

I got the call today and it seemed really weird that the girl was laughing while leaving me a message and listening to music in the background. Then I looked at their web page and knew this place was a joke..

I would never work for a company with such a ridiculous web page. Glad this page exists

Warning they have changed their name.

Grand Marketing is now Cohesion, Inc.

Same people, same scam.

Notice that Grand Marketing no longer has a web presence and Cohesion, Inc. puts out the same job postings as before. Cohesion Facebook pages states the company was founded in December 2012.

I assume this name change comes because of all the negative reviews Grand Marketing gets on sites like this.

Be warned. Tell your friends.

So glad I came here! They just called me and the person I talked to on the phone seemed very professional but really didn't give any details on the kind of work I would be doing. I sent them an email to get more details but it looks like they're not going to answer...Thank you so much for sharing these reviews!

Dang, so I went to the 1st interview today for entree level position that Abbey said. An hour later Jerry called me and wanted a second interview tomorrow over coffee.

Then read this blog!

Kinda don't wanna go tomorrow if your paycheck %100 relies on what you sell. wtf

Some red flags started going up in my head when I was reading about the company and never said exactly what they expected from us

"trainees". Did more research, and ended up here. Thanks for all the information and opinions.

Sounds scammy! I just received a phone call from an 'Abby' as well for an entry-level managing position.

They told me the company is in Grand Rapids, MI- I've lived here all my life and have NEVER heard of them before.

Thanks!...I will def. NOT be going!

I just got a call from "Abby in HR" about having an interview tomorrow.I came aross this website and now im unsure about going to this interview. Can someone please help me out?!?!

well *** i had job interview in the morning but *** that ***

View more comments (55)
ID
Frankenmuth, Michigan

About

Summary

Grand Marketing is one of the leading outsourced marketing and sales firms. The company is located in Michigan. Grand Marketing was founded in 2010. Grand Marketing specializes in the business-to-consumer market. Grand Marketing has already helped over 500 companies to find more effective marketing techniques. Solutions offered by Grand Marketing result in increased sales, cost-effective performance, and gaining active positions at the market. If you are feeling your business needs immediate improvement, Grand Marketing is always ready to help. The company has been in business for only 2 years, but it has already achieved great results. Grand Marketing knows what good marketing is.

Grand Marketing reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article