2011 Grand Cherokee wont start

Three to four weeks ago car would-not start, waited 15 minutes car started. The following day same thing, won't start with key fob half the time. The battery went dead three times cant trust the $30.000 car. I know there is a callback a P54 in the USA 230.000 cars but not in Canada. I have talked to the Chrysler people a few times with no results but they are so very very sorry. This is my second Grand Cherokee and most likely my last, it's very frustrating for my wife she can't trust the car.The 2014 Ford Edge is looking pretty good to me right now.
Hamilton, Ontario

2011 Cherokee-TIPM

Bought my 2011 Grand Cherokee, 70th Anniversary Edition with 30k miles including certified warranty about 5 months ago. In the last 30 days the car would not start at times. Took it to dealership where they charged me $110 to diagnosed that it needs a new TIPM and the part is not available. They tried to reset the TIPM and the problem still exists. For the time being, I could start the car using the remote starter and most of the time it would start. The other day I shut the car off and heard a hissing noise. It was the fuel pump running even though the car is shut off. I had to disconnect the battery to stop it. The TIPM part that the dealer cannot get is not covered under warranty cost $1000. I did get Jeep to agree to cover half the costs. Very frustrated that I bought a factory certified Jeep and have and nothing but problems and that Jeep will stand behind this.... Many other similar complaints all over the Internet.....no jeep or Chrysler product ever again!

I am with a law firm that recently filed a class action lawsuit against Chrysler involving its 2011-**** model year Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Grand Caravan, and Dodge Durango vehicles. The lawsuit alleges that these Chrysler vehicles are equipped with a defective TIPM that causes numerous electrical problems for the vehicles and poses serious safety risks for consumers.

If you would like to learn more about our lawsuit or share your experience with us, please call (866) 981-****, email emo@***.com, or visit our website: http://goo.gl/dvk028

Thanks,

Ellen

I have had the same exact problem. My car is still under warrant and the part has been covered, but it does not make up for the 9-10 times I have been at the dealership.

I had the part replaced and it gets better, after you get it replaced about 2 months later the blinkers go out and the brake lights go out. I have heard of the same problem with 2 other owners.

My next step is to contact an attorney and start a class action lawsuit against Jeep.

Here is Allen's contact info: http://www.arspeedometer.com/Contact-Us.html

Step 1: Contact the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration and file a complaint: 888-327-****.

Step 2: Contact Allen in Tulsa, OK who repairs the TIPM for ~$300. Repairing versus replacing means no worries of a new faulty part, plus you do not have issues with the new part not matching your VIN and causing other issues.

Step 3: Contact Jeep customer service and ask for a case number to give to your repair shop (if your car is already in the shop). Apparently this helps expedite the part.

FYI - I was told by my local dealer that the manufacturer sent out 2000 TIPMs last week to warehouses.

@PissedConsumer739131

Thanks,

Ellen

Same thing happened to me. Now jeep still sitting since august 23rd 2013.

TIPM still not in and costumer service is no help. They have really just made me madder than I was, which was pretty bad already. Help!

We need class action. Paying for a car collecting dust!!!!!

Hi, I with a law firm that is investigating consumer complaints of electrical problems in certain Chrysler vehicles, including Jeep Grand Cherokees, Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Liberties, Chrysler Town and Country, and other models. If you are interested in assisting our investigation or sharing your experience with us, please email emo@***.com, call (866-981-****), or visit our website http://www.girardgibbs.com/chryslerlawsuitinvestigation/.

I have the same problem! One source told me there are 535 on back order!!

The dealer has "no idea" when they will have parts. Time to trade it in and go with another brand.

No more Chrysler for me.

Thanks for the post, I too have been experiencing the same issue. I noticed it a few weeks ago when my battery started showing signs of going dead.

I also heard the noise after exiting the truck in the evenings. I thought the noise was some electronics resetting itself, but thought it would eventually shutoff. I did not think this could be killing my battery. I too had to buy a battery thanks cost me a pretty penny now to learn it too would be dead soon.

After going to the dealership today for an oil change the truck died in their service bay. Not even five minutes after leaving, the service rep called me and explained how they had to push my truck to their service bay due to a bad Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM). We are now with out a vehicle for an undisclosed time and still have the obligation to pay for a product of no use. Chrysler has to find way to address this or it can cost them dearly in reputation and in the pocket if the results don't get better.

A recall would be a start but people are without vehicles with monthly payments! Not a good look Chrysler looks like a class action situation.

#719125
@PissedConsumer718454

I agree. A class action lawsuit may be the only alternative left against Chrysler.

TIPM issue has not being addressed appropriately by the manufacturer. Does anyone know how to get this started?

View more comments (9)
Boston, Massachusetts
Loss

We have a dangerous and defective car!

Our Jeep Grand Cherokee (our third in 6 years!) is very dangerous. It downshifts by itself, and *** uncontrolled! (Think Toyota!!!) We have had it in to 6 dealerships and it cannot be fixed. To stop us from suing through the lemon law, Chrysler agreed to buy it back after 2 years of letters, calls, complaints! Suddenly, last week they DECLINED to buy it back, after agreeing that it was defective! Now, we have to sue them, and keep driving this car that has almost caused 5 accidents! They are the worst car company I have ever dealt with, and I wish them nothing but financial disaster!

Harden up princess, just get it fixed. 2 Yeats of your life has gone and is focused on this ***.

Just notch it up under experience and stop trying to win all the time. That's what's wrong with Americans you all want to win.

Just live. Oh and keeps are tuff as *** so it was probably your fault...

Renton, Washington

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article