New Home Nightmare

Graham Hart Home Builder - New Home Nightmare
Dealing with this company has been one of the most stressful experiences of my life. Graham Hart built my home over two years ago with a drainage problem in the yard. After multiple failed Graham Hart Home Builder repair attempts, the solution Graham Hart Home Builder came up with was to dig a ditch that is over four feet wide and over twenty feet long. Rather than run the ditch to the street, they stopped at my fence line. During this attempted repair, a fence post, and the curb were damaged. Now, the ditch collects water and stays wet. Grass does not grow, the area stinks, and it attracts bugs. The problem is worse that it has ever been, and we are forced to avoid this part of our yard. I must constantly monitor where my kids are because the mud and the ditch present a safety hazard. It is also embarrassing when guests are over, and I must try to explain why my new home has such a problem. After this last failed attempt, I had a difficult time getting a response in regard to the issue until I reported the problem to the Better Business Bureau. I am currently dealing with the owner of the company, who is trying to get me to agree to a release before another repair is attempted. I have asked on multiple occasions for repair plans, a contractor name, and other simple things such as how long the work will take. The owner refuses to provide this information. I have a few problems with this, but the most glaring is the danger it presents to my family. There is no reason that I should be expected to allow unknown people to show up at my home to be around my family! Likewise, why should I be expected to agree to a mystery repair? Concealing information and asking for a release is completely unreasonable and not how company should conduct business.
ID
Fort Worth, Texas
Reason of review
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Construction and Repair Expert Talks

How to Hire The Right Contractor And Not Be Scammed

Apr 16, 2021

How to build a home? How to hire the right contractor? Matt DiBarra, with Diabara Masonry, reveals top home construction scams and gives the best tips to consumers on how to find the best contractor.

Read full article
Matt DiBarra
Matt DiBarra

Matt DiBarra is well-known as The Undercover Contractor. He is the owner of DiBara Masonry company in Los Angeles that specializes in house repairs, restorations, and new installations.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article