iGotCabinAltitude

Verified Reviewer

Scam and Deceptive Business Practices

Updated by user Jun 07, 2021

I have been contacting the business constantly about my refund, and they continue to delay the process with excuses that I need to close my dispute via PayPal in order for them to send it. However, I was advised by PayPal that I should not close the case until I...

Original review Jun 07, 2021
I personally do not recommend Government Auction to anyone. Be advised that some, if not most jewelry come from a "wholesaler" at wholesale price.

The jewelry that they claim is certified and appraised is exaggerative. For example, Government Auction has a certificate appraisal on a ring of $2000, but in reality, the price is $100 from a wholesaler. I won a few pieces of jewelry from them and after further investigation, I have returned all items. I have yet to receive my refund from them after following return instructions.

Also, if you pay through PayPal and open a dispute, make sure you keep the dispute open until you receive the refund! Government Auction will tell you that in order to receive a refund, you will need to close the case.

I was advised by PayPal not to close the dispute until you receive the refund. Please do not do business with them, they're are a complete scam and shady business.
Loss:
Pros:
  • No pros to give
Cons:
  • Overpriced value on their provide certificates
  • Deceptive business
  • Delaying refund

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: DO NOT RECOMMEND

Kim P Wkh

Verified Reviewer

They took money out of my account during my free 3 day trial

Good day So governmentauction.com took money out of my account the very day I started my free 3 day trial. I know how rude and they never answer there emails either anyways I'd like to get my money back from them thanks so very much for your help again Cheers Kim
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: No one in there right mind should join this sight

Auctions and Marketplaces Expert Talks

How to Shop Online Safely | Online Shopping Tips

May 28, 2021

Nathan Grant, a Senior Credit Industry Analyst with Credit Card Insider, talks about online shopping, safety when making online payments, and how not to get scammed when buying things online.

Read full article
Nathan Grant
Nathan Grant

Nathan Grant, a Senior Credit Industry Analyst with Credit Card Insider. Nathan specializes in credit cards and online payments.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article