Goel Tala Diamonds Reviews

Show reviews that mention
ring diamonds quality band refund business engagement ring eternity band gold goel
Filter review

Verified Reviewer

Ring Still Gorgeous 9 years Later

Goel Tala Diamonds - Ring Still Gorgeous 9 years Later
My husband purchased my engagement ring and I was impressed that my jeweler mother was impressed. Ill be buying an anniversary band soon, its not often an insurance appraisal actually beats the appraisal sent with your purchase. Im so lucky I was referred to Goel Tala Diamonds, now I refer everyone I know. 18kt white gold wide band with Halo center and rounds and princess cut diamonds on the band. On each side of the halo, theres a heart carved in. Beautiful. I had to say yes.

User's recommendation: Definitely Buy From Goel Tala.

ID
Pros
  • Beautiful jewelry
  • Quality products
Preferred solution
Would love to purchase another ring.

Beautiful 30th Anniversary Ring

Goel Tala Diamonds - Beautiful 30th Anniversary Ring
Tony and Kat- I love my ring that you helped us design. I appreciate your professionalism in creating my ring. Thank you for your help getting it done quickly and exactly the way we wanted. I cannot stop looking at it. This ring was for our 30th anniversary so we wanted to have something created that would be something that we would be really excited about. You got back to us very promptly when we had questions. When we tweeked the CAD design your master jeweler changed it exactly to meet our specifications. It only took around three weeks to do a custom design. This is unusual and we so appreciated that you got my ring done quickly and yet it is perfect! Thank you again for a great experience. We will recommend you to family and friends. Regards, Linda and Tim Lally
ID
Pros
  • Quality of my ring
Great service and quality

Poor quality, dishonest merchant

My ring arrived cracked, diamond certificate was bogus, mercehant thinks he is still in the Middle East where fraudulent business deals are okay. He is a *** artist, don't buy anything from Goel Tala Diamonds. Goel Talasazan is absolute dummy too. The guy doesn't even know how to spell diamonds. On Google + he writes " diminds " Take a look at his slimy, fat and dishonest face and see if you want to do business with this monkey. And if you want a refund, that will be like pulling teeth...if you ever get a refund, he will remain a vindictive ashole and will come after you or your business
#2099808

Sour

This person was on Judge Judy tonight about this claim I think.

View more comments (1)
Bad quality

Ring Review

I have ordered a ring from Goel Tala. It arrived cracked and there were issues with the autencity certificate. I returned the ring for a refund. Therefore revengeful Goel Talasazan ( owner of goel tala diamonds) made up vicious and totally false review of my business. This is how petty and pathetic he is.
ID
#619656 Review #619656 is a subjective opinion of poster.
San Jose, California
Damaged or defective

Positive Experience Review

I ordered a 7ct eternity band and it turned out beautifully! He always returned my calls immediately and kept me posted during the making of the ring. The stones are gorgeous!
Fort Pierce, Florida

Reply to Customer who purchased the Emerald Cut Eternity Band

Goel Tala Diamonds - Reply to Customer who purchased the Emerald Cut Eternity Band
To whom it may concern, We have been in business for over 25 years and take pride in our excellent customer service and high Quality products. The Customer purchased an Emerald Cut Eternity band from us July 18, 2014. All our items are custom made and with an average 10 business day wait time. The customer wanted her band sent out RUSH so that she can wear it in vacation in Las Vegas. We send out the band on July 18 to accommodate her rush order. Due to the fact that we were rushed and the customer’s unwillingness to be patient we sent her a band that was done properly however needed some adjustments. After The Customer received the first band she contacted us regarding some minor issues so we agreed to make her a brand new band after she returned from her vacation in Las Vegas. The customer returned the first band July 30, 2014. We replaced all the Emerald Cut Diamonds onto another brand new setting and shipped it back to The Customer on July 31, 2014. The Customer received her replacement band on August 4, 2014. expressed her content and attempted to purchase a pair of Diamond earrings from us. After nearly a month we received another email from the Customer informing us that she had an accident and the band was damaged or in her words “collapsed”. We instructed The Customer to send in the band so we can evaluate it and contact her. When we received the band back it was completely deranged and badly damaged. We contact the Customer and informed her that this kind of repair was not covered. Due to her being a new client we agreed to make her a new band for $650 which covers Gold and Labor. The Customer began to get very hostile and complain about the Quality of the craftsmanship. This band was not damaged due to normal wear and tear. This band was subject to a irregular abuse or accident. We repaired the band to the best of our ability and sent it back to Mrs. Williams. Enclosed we have included several pictures of the band we shipped out to The Customer as well as the band she returned to us for repair. The Customer had admitted in her first email that we had sent her a perfect Round Shape Eternity band and she admitted her wrong doings. We have no problem replacing her damaged band with a new setting as long as she is willing to pay for all cost associated with the repair. Thank you in advance for your help and attention towards this matter.

Genuine question but are you supposed to see all those gaps between the diamonds?

Goel Talasazan You are a vindictive criminal who try to ruin people reputation by posting false reviews.

You can't give yourself 5 star reviews, GTFO

This went to court and aired 11/18/14 on Judge Judy

"Take a plea, tell a lie; online Jewlery slam!"

See episode before you buy. This company is not good! Buyer beware they get your money and you get no 100% satisfaction guarantee as they falsely state!

Truly scared to buy from a business that has 25 years experience, and has more negative reviews than positive.

Just stating the obvious!

Another lie from this company as the band was purchased July 10th, which allowed for ample time to have it done properly and sent out prior to my leaving town the 21st.

These inconsistencies and lies will reveal themselves if I am not offered a full refund.

This will be taken to the courts.

This company does not produce quality pieces and they do not guarantee 100% satisfaction. Nor will they refund my money.

After 3 poorly constructed bands, chipped stones and uneven diamond settings and diamond sizes, this is not the quality of a good eternity band. The ring was not mishandled in any way, it collapsed due to poor craftsmanship.

Just as the first one was replaced due to poor craftsmanship. I was told via a phone conversation that this ring would be remade, a lie. As they have stated above they attempted to repair the faulty workmanship and have sent me a ring that is in horrible condition with diamonds mounted uneven and missing gold in the construction. This company does not guarantee 100% satisfaction, they lie and put out very poor quality pieces.

I will be taking this matter to court. Buyer beware.

View more comments (6)
Fair pricing

Poor construction, chipped diamonds and broke casting refusing $4800 refund! Buyer Beware

Purchased enternity band 5 CTW 14 carat gold through EBAY. received the first 10 days later with flaws in the casting and stones unevenly set, some even chipped in the corners. Returned they appologised and resent out a new one, still same issue with the diamonds not set flush but it was better looking until it colapsed due to poor workmanship while on my finger after only about a week. They have refused to reimburse my $4800 and just sent me another replacement that is the worse looking so far. I send them videos and photographs and they are refusing a refund and have gotten rude and now refuse to communicate with me. This company is very poor quality, craftmanship and they do not 1005 guarantee their work like most reputable jewelers do. I have taken matters to the authorities. Buyer beware they are a rip off!!! And they stall you as much as possible to avoid giving a proper refund for very cheaply constructed merchandise.

This was on Judge Judy tonight, this exact case!!!

Has multiple ebay stores where

Negative feedbacks are automatically removed by eBay bc he is a high volume seller. Total fraud who contacted me outside of ebay telling me he was changing his return policy and the diamond ring wasn't refundable.

I told him to cancel and the negative didn't stick to his account. Avoid ebay diamond buying like the plague.

@PissedConsumer1311739

Sorry someone else had to experience business with this low life piece of garbage. Sure, there are a few people who have chimed in with positive reviews, but those appear to be one outta every ten negatives.

Its sad that this guy continues to do business. You would think that better quality and standing behind his craftsmanship would actually earn him a reputable business. But, instead he screws people out of theyre hard earned money.

Unfortunately, this is how certain people are. Once a crook, always a crook!

#1311915
@PissedConsumer1311739

Please put his Ebay names and new store name so we can tie them all together. I tried to warn people about this scammer and Judge Judy got it very wrong. I'm still waiting on her apology.

#1311916
@PissedConsumer1311739

He had to close his store because of the judge Judy episode. He is a complete scammer. Not quality diamonds and poor quality

@PissedConsumer1311916

And I lost my counter suit. She’s an idiot too.

Is this the same as Diamond Exchange store on ebay? I am about to buy a ring possibly but not if they changed from Universal to just Diamond Exchange.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks.

@PissedConsumer1085095

Im pretty sure it is. He(the owner) is using several alias/BS company names I guess to try and hide so people wont know any better.

"Diamonds by Elizabeth" was another alias he used as well. Its sad that this *** artist continues to screw people over.

@PissedConsumer1085095

Yes it is! That is where the ring was originally purchased. Beware!!!

@PissedConsumer1085130

Someone needs to get this guys name/business/reputation out there in the open so more people don't fall prey to him...Unfortunately, besides here and BBB, not sure where else to go to let people know...?

View more comments (32)
Damaged or defective
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

Jeweler Sold a White Gold Diamond Engagement Ring w/ A cracked Stone, Bent Prongs, and w/ the Band & Setting missing areas of Gold Plating!

I purchased an 18k white gold 3-Stone Princess cut diamond engagement ring from Goel Tala Diamonds out of Los Angeles on 2/26/2014. I made two different payments for the ring. The first payment was sent on 2/21/2014 thru Bank of America. The second payment was for $675.00 thru Wells Fargo and was the final amount owed. I received the ring on 3/07/2014. When I opened it up, the ring had spots on the gold band itself. I tried wiping them off with a cloth but it would not come off. I contacted the business and was advised to wipe the ring with alcohol by an employee named "Kat" that works there. She stated that if that did not work, to call back. I immediately called back because that did not work. The owner called me back and said it was a simple polishing issue and to send it back and he would take care of it. I sent the ring back on 3/15/2014. On 3/21/2014, I re-received the ring back from Goel Tala. This time, I opened it up, the spots were gone on the band, but two of the center prongs were rough looking and appeared to not even have the gold plating on them. I called the owner again and he stated he didn’t see anything wrong with it. I advised him it hasn't been handled or worn and that it is visible to the naked eye and that obviously its messed up there. He stated "She will love the ring and won’t even notice it." I told him that I noticed it and I didn’t want to give my future fiancé a ring with obvious visible flaws on it. He told me that it just needs re-plating and I could either send it back(again), or go to a local jeweler and have them re-plate it and he would re-imburse me as long as it was less than $25.00 and if it was going to be more, than I would have to send it back. Due to being so close to my proposal date, I preferred to do it local to ensure I had the ring on time. He stated it should only be about $10 because that's what he charges in downtown Los Angeles and with things being more expensive in California, it should be cheaper than that here. I went to Jared’s retail store here in Concord who wanted $44.99, then visited Marks & Morgan who wanted $34.99. Neither of those two business’ looked at the ring as I simply inquired on having it re-plated. My third visit was to Ellis Jewelers, who is a very respected jeweler in downtown Concord whom has been here for 2 generations. I questioned them on the plating and they asked if I had the ring to look at it. They told me to hold on, they wanted to look with a magnifying glass to make sure it wasn't simply a polish needed. Immediately when she looked at it, she said "Oh my gosh, is this ring used?" I stated no and she said "Are you aware your side stones are about to fall out?" Completely shocked, I said "What?!?" She stated there were several issues with the ring. She stated, first, the diamonds were seated correctly, but the prongs themselves were not even secured over the diamonds as they’re supposed to be. She stated, there’s not supposed to be any space or gap between the prongs and the stones themselves. Secondly, she said the prongs are all crooked, some are bent fine and secure over the stone flush as supposed to be and then others were not even touching them…like the prongs are "hovering" over the stones. Then she goes on to say that, 3 of the prongs look "cut-off" and there not even smooth on top, like "someone cut off the prong b/c it was too long and then bent it over the stone." If that wasn’t bad enough, she shows me where the main stone had what appeared to be a crack/fracture on the side of it where the prong holding it in appeared to be pushed over on it so hard causing damage to it. She went over to the owner of the business, Dan Ellis, who came out, looked at it and said the exact same things without even conversing with his employee on what she saw. He was telling me all this and then asked if I’d like to see what he was talking about. I said "absolutely, so I will know what I’m being told" so he showed me the same things under a microscope. It looks absolutely horrible! He took one of his rings(of exact same design; a white gold, 3 stone princess cut engagement ring) and put it under scope to compare. No jagged/bent/cut off prongs, no spotting in the gold plating and all prongs bent over secured on top of the stones flush w/ no gaps like this one. Three of the side prongs weren’t even bent over to secure the stones at all. He took a small needle tool and showed me the gap between the stones and the prongs where there was an obvious space showing the prong was not flush on top of the stone securing it. He stated, "These are supposed to be flat and flush on top of the stone, without gaps." He then said "I’m not trying to speak negative of someone’s work, but this is a really poor poor job of craftsmanship." Mr. Ellis was not trying to sell me any rings, he was simply showing me the issues with the ring I had and was concerned about the stones falling out. As soon as I left the jewelry store, I contacted Tony(Goel Tala owner) again to notify him of the findings. He was not there so I left a message for him to call me ASAP. When he called me back, immediately, he began interrupting me and getting defensive when telling him the news. He was sarcastic at first stating "So your gonna tell me the diamonds are cubic zirconia’s next, right?" I advised him no, that I was simply relaying to him the information I found out and saw with my own eyes. He kept stating all this was a polishing issue and that those guys at the jewelry store don’t know what they’re talking about. He stated that was they’re job to try and point out flaws so they would get my business. I advised him that it wasn’t an issue of them not knowing what they’re talking about…I stated I saw all these flaws with my owns eyes and the craftsmanship looks awful! He started yelling at me to return it and he’d fix it. I continued to tell him I had already done that once and am not willing to keep returning it and this time it wasn’t simply a polishing issue, it was that the entire ring was screwed up! I told him all I wanted was a refund and he said "Well your not gonna get it!" and then he actually hung up on me. I called him back and he didn’t answer so I left a voicemail for him stating I have no choice but to go thru my bank and file a fraud claim since he's not willing to honor his "14 day 100% satisfaction guarantee." He called me back 15 minutes later apologizing for losing his temper. He stated he let his temper get the best of him and that if I would send it back, he'd make a whole new ring. Then he stated he’s already started one and this time he would personally oversee it. I said, well, wouldn’t you have overseen the first time? Rings shouldn’t have to be sent back time and time again to be corrected. He stated since this is a "hand-made ring", that it cannot be "perfect". I am aware of that, however, that doesn’t mean that you can cut corners, be sloppy, and send defective merchandise to your customers! He then states that 99% of all ring settings are pre-made which goes against what he said it being "hand-made"? So with that said, he buys pre-manufactured settings that are defective from the factory??? It seemed at times he was contradicting his own self. I’m proposing on April 8th, 2014. I explained this to him, and that I’ve already sent it back one time with problems and I don't have time and am not willing to take the chance again(especially w/ the condition this ring was in both times it arrived). He again stated the jeweler I saw was just trying to get my business, etc. and he wasn't giving me a refund period. He said I got a great deal and that she would love the ring. I told him I can’t give her a ring knowing what I know about this one. He kept saying it was all polishing issues which obviously is not the case. I quoted the "100% satisfaction guarantee" and he stated there’s more to it than that and he would charge me restocking fees, etc. if forced to refund me and that then it was only for 14 days. I advised him that both times it arrived defective I contacted him prior to 14 days to try and make it right. He kept telling me there was more to his policy than that and my only option was to return it and he’d send me another one or keep what I have. I told him I would be contacting my bank and he stated that’s fine because he "knows what to tell them and I will not win a case against him period!" All I was simply wanting was to return the ring for a full refund due to the obvious issues with the ring. I have already sent it back for repairs once and am not willing to continue doing this because honestly, I shouldn't have to. The quality should not be so poor as to where I should have to continue sending a "hand-made" ring back and forth getting it repaired. I honestly believe that the reason he is not willing to accept a return for refund is because he knows the ring is of poor quality and feels he cannot re-sell it. He continued to yell at me stating I got a great deal and won’t find another deal like it. If that's the case, he shouldn't have any problem finding someone else to buy it...I just hope they get to see it first before ordering blind like I unfortunately did going off a description only. Now I am forced to try and find another engagement ring within less than 2 weeks as I have the proposal location and preparation planned but now no longer have the most important piece.

Just watched the episode from Judge Judy...looks like his reputation is beginning to speak for itself. Thought it was ironic that he even admitted, on national televisiom, that he wasnt giving her a refund...where have we heard that before? And him trying to sue b/c someone said his product is awful(the truth hurts)...

Judge Judy Season 19, Episode 77

@Jayline Jyj

Unfortunately on this episode of Judge Judy the counter-claim from the victim of the faulty ring was dismissed. The judge claimed she was an expert in diamonds & surprisingly upon inspecting the ring stated that she didn't see anything wrong with it.

Somehow I think Judge Judy is due for an eye examination as I can clearly see from photos supplied that this ring is a rip-off & of very poor quality. She only wanted to use this victim as an example to the public to enforce 'buyer beware'. What is sad now is that the victim has no recourse after appearing on this television show which makes the parties involved accept the decision of the judge as final.

I am quite knowledgeable about fine jewellery & would never recommend that items of substantial value be purchased without seeing them first up close. With the reputation that this company has gained around the world now, it won't take long before he is brought down & it will be his doors closing.

Had the same issue!

Buyer beware!

libel

Thank you for the warning. Based on his excuses, I will go elsewhere.

Very shady company to deal with! Buyer beware!

@PissedConsumer872535

Unfortunately you are correct. Looks like someone else became a victim of his false promises...

I am Goel Tala,

if the Diamond was cracked we could not set it on the ring. The center Diamond sold to Mt.

Austin was certified by EGL. I have posted a blog with pictures of the ring sold to Mr. Austin. The blog is blog.goeldiamonds.com.

The pictures show clearly that the center Diamond is not cracked and Mr. Austin is not being truthful.

I am Goel Tala. Mr.

Austin was well informed that the center diamond was bought from a third party just for him. It is clearly written in my Store Policy and Refund Policy that if he was to return the ring there would be a re-stocking fee. If Mr. Austin's claim was legitimate he would take me up on my offer to make him a brand new ring.

Mr. Austin did not and I am assuming there are other reasons he wants to return the ring. As far as the credit card charge is concerned the credit card companies always side with the client. Not in this case.

Mr. Austin has lost his dispute because his statements are liable and is just a client trying to take advantage and abuse my Refund Policy. All clients reading this message are welcome to view my on-line store. I will give you a extra 10% off when you refer to this blog.

If you are not happy for any reason with your purchase I will give you a full refund. I guarantee my prices and Quality will be top of the line.

Then everyone will realize that Mr. Austin is not being truthful.

@PissedConsumer817746

This company has excuses for everything. they take your money and deliver a very poor quality product.

Buyer beware

View more comments (14)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article