GMC vacations promised much more than I got/Club Wyndham

I was sold a 4 day three night stay at a Wyndham hotel in Orlando - was supposed to be for $149 - actual cost $169. I was promised $100 for travel to Orlando for each traveler and $100 for a theme park visit. The certificate from Wyndham was only for $75 total after listening to a 2 hour spiel. At the same time, I also bought a second, identical package for 4 days, three nights at a first class hotel in Destin, FL, which was to be ocean front with full kitchen. The certificate from Wyndham was for a Holiday Inn Express or other 3 star hotel. I called Wyndham and they have no such hotels as I was promised.

Okay - I fell for this too. Unfortunately I was misled on the locations.

I just called because I'm not able to utilize the package (furlough) and discovered that the locations I was promised when I bought the package + add on are actually not available to me! One of the locations was the main reason I went ahead and made the purchase only to find that I can't go there because of the state in which I reside.

I'm now looking for someone to pass this to. At least now I'm fully aware and if/when they call me again for the "sell" I'll have the knowledge and strength to ignore the well meaning pitch.

Essentially you're an ***

The getaway packages are very self explanatory, and there are three verification processes that you go through. Each detail is in writing, and if I was not given something that was promised, I would contact a legal representative.

However, each call is recorded, and therefore, there is a disclaimer that if certain gifts are not available, there will be substitutes. I believe it is a very upstanding and reputable company.

I am sorry that this happened to you,It is funny that these timeshare companies can get away with this garbage. As a travel agency owner I here of this happening way too often.

I Really here about it, from this company in particular!

My Travel agency is called GMS Vacations, and is sometimes confused with the company in question. I promise you we are not a timeshare company, And only sell true vacation packages.

www.gmsvacations.com

View more comments (3)
ID
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Loss

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article