Useless Glowshift car speedometer gauge

On Jan. 25, 2018 I purchased an aftermarket car gauge set from Glowshift. I started my installation and once I ran power wires turned on the gauges. Thought I might be missing something because could not find an odometer display within the speedometer. I then contacted the company and was informed the gauge does not have an odometer. (I was and still am in disbelief) Asked for options to a solution and was given none. I emailed the company to let them know how upset I was and believed their item description for there gauges is wrong and misrepresents there products. They say, in essence, that their gauges are a PERFECT choice for those looking to replace stock gauges. Perfect definition: Having all the required or desirable elements, qualities, or characteristics; as good as it is possible to be. They would not honor a return because I started installation. They would not honor my request to send my emails to the company owner saying he is too busy. They offered nothing as an immediate resolution and seemed not to care about my problem. I am 56 and have owned and built many cars and have NEVER owned or seen a car that did not have an odometer as part of the speedometer. Who would buy a car without an odometer? The speedometer gauge they make is USELESS! I lost 8 labor hours and will most likely loose most of the $455 I paid in finding someone else to buy the gauges. Just wanted to post so other consumers are made aware. Thanks.
ID
#1181999 Review #1181999 is a subjective opinion of poster.
West Berlin, New Jersey
Product
Glowshift Gauge Set
Pros
  • Fast shipping
Cons
  • Speedometer gauge is useless without an odometer
Reason of review
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article