Got my goods and slapped me with $1,500 extra

I used this company twice for international relocation. The first time, they relocated my household effects from NJ to France. It took my shipment 2 months longer than projected to arrive. I was careless enough to use them for my return relocation from France to NY. While my first experience with GOF was moderately unpleasant, the second experience was downright horrible. To begin with, they could not find a local mover to pick up my shipment.--They found a local agent 5 days before I was to board the plane to leave France for the US. In the meantime, I had to live with a lot of stress. While my goods were in transit, GOF kept sending me extra-low-res versions of customs forms that I had to complete several times over because their customs broker rejected the forms as unreadable. They finally referred me to the US customs web site, because they (shipping experts!) did not have the right forms. It didn't end there. They billed me $1000 over the contract amount of $5,200 for extra demurrage and storage, because “ the customs took 5 extra days to clear my shipment.” I paid. Recently, I contacted the port and found out that my shipment took 1 day to clear customs. This suggests that GOF defrauded me. GOF demanded that I pay the $1000 extra charge "immediately." (When you come to think of it, “immediately” is not a clear instruction, nor is it a business concept/term.) I paid the same day by billpay. They came back the next day and said that because the payment was not by wire, they would hold the shipment in storage at an extra cost of $500. I was trying to reason and complain, but the management of GOF made itself unavailable. It was brazen. They would not take my calls. They were offensive. My read of Global Ocean Freight is that they are a highly unethical, potentially criminal operation. Their business model is to attract customers by low-balling the competition. They make money by under-delivering and adding imaginary charges. (Case in point, they also charged me for packing services and materials that I did not use. I managed to fight off that charge because it was stated on the front of my contract that I would pack myself. They said it was in error. However, other posts re: GOF show an unequivocal pattern.) And buy the way, a month later, they still haven’t provided me with a receipt indicating all my payments, despite my multiple requests. Yet, I needed the receipt for reimbursement. This company is nothing, but trouble. It needs to be put out of business.
ID
Poughkeepsie, New York
Loss

About

Summary

Global Ocean is an organization that specializes in marine life conservation. Global Ocean is a non-profit organization. The main company’s activities include funding marine life protection projects, developing awareness about of marine conservation among people, protecting marine species. Many marine animals are on the edge of extinction, and Global Ocean is one of the organizations that are extremely worried with this situation. Global Ocean has already funded dozens of projects that helped to save many animals and change environmental situation. Global Ocean aims to fund projects in growing countries. Global Ocean is constantly looking for enthusiasts who long to help saving marine life.

Global Ocean reviews and complaints
Edit Description

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content

For more information read Blog article