map-marker Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Service dept scam

Glenwood Springs Subaru - Service dept scam
I took my 2017 Impreza to the Glenwood Springs, CO dealership for a 6,000 mile service (oil change, tire rotation) and the cost was over $115 with a coupon. Therefore for the 12,000 mile service, I decided to do the service myself and purchased "genuine Subaru parts" from the dealership (oil filter, drain plug ring, air filters). However, at the last service the technician put Loctite on the oil pan drain plug and I cannot remove the plug to change the oil myself. What a racket! This is my 3rd Subaru Impreza and the only cars I have owned since I first purchased one in 1997. I have raved about Subaru cars and recommended them to everyone. After my experiences with a rip-off Finance Manager in Silverthorne, CO and this service scam in Glenwood Springs, CO as well as constant problems with the media features, I do not plan to ever purchase another Subaru. No wonder Consumer Reports took the car off of their recommended list this year.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Servie dept put loctite on my oil drain plug
Reason of review:
Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

map-marker Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Dealership experience

Glenwood Springs Subaru - Dealership experience
Glenwood Springs Subaru put red Loctite on my oil drain plug. I cannot change my oil due to this. I purchased Subaru filters and parts and I should be able to change my own oil. I am mad as ***. This is my third Subaru since 1993 and this could actually make me never buy another one. Janet Tharp 970-618-****.
Pros:
  • All wheel drive and dependability
Cons:
  • Service dept put loctite on my oil pan drain plug
  • Sales manager dishonesty
Reason of review:
Bad quality

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article